+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab pvp after patch

Telaran

Default Sab pvp after patch

I know they aren't done with the patch but is anyone going to be disapointed if they don't make some serious changes to traps?? I mean the bombs are a good start but traps were I feel worst then the bombs in pve and pvp...I mean when do you ever see a rogue stop to set up a trap?

Ironic that is the name of my character but if they don't do something sab in pvp is still going to be dead outside of aoeing/ksing in Sion.
    Last edited by trapped34; 09-07-2011 at 12:50 PM.
    Trapped<Ruined> level 50 rogue

Rift Disciple

I agree traps are utterly useless.

it is a HUGE dps down grade to use them if you can get something near them in the first place

I wish they would just remove them and add something useful like the ability to add weapon enchants to charges from other souls
    Last edited by Horcrux; 09-07-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Telaran

Yea they are useless but I don't think they should remove the just changes them to instant cast, aswell as usable in stealth, I was think maybe and barb trap that does a slow plus a dot like barb shot but way more dmg...I liked some of dunsparrows ideas on traps aswell

Telaran

Bump we can't be the only ones with ideas about this
    Last edited by trapped34; 09-07-2011 at 06:18 PM.

I'd like to see traps all moved down to the first three tiers so you can splash into them for PVP and make them viable standalone CC.

I'd LOVE to use *good* traps as a MM or Ranger.

I would like to see traps have the ability to crit. Don't think land mines crit either.

I would like to see traps/mines last longer than 1 min...maybe 5 min. I mean, a sabs bread and butter to pvp should be arranging a trap, having stake-out position, and ready to bombard the enemy once they run into their trap. You can hardly be a trap setting master mind when the stuff fades away after 1 min. I could understand how infinite duration could get a tad out of control in some situations...but I think a 5 min trap wouldn't be unreasonable. You can already recast them before time is up.

I have tried to PvP as a sab...when someone walks into my trap within the first 30s of setting it, I can often get a kill. I die most of the time while re-setting up my trap because I have to do so every minute. On top of them being short duration, there is no icon letting us know when traps are about to expire. The whole preparation aspect of a Sab needs to be more promising...land mines and stuff that resembles bear traps should last a long time, or atleast longer than a minute so a sab can do what they do best, a little better. Lets face it, if you catch a sab mid-prep they are probably toast.

Also our ability to strap bombs imo should not break stealth, and I wish the function that allows sabs to attach bombs to pve enemies without aggro (thus regaining energy during prep) should work for pvp targets. Even if a sab could lay out a string of bombs from stealth, once they blow it, there is going to be a decent gap in time before they can blow another 5 set of bombs typically. I feel like though if sabs can't even get good prep, like starving for energy before even strapping an initial round of bombs to an enemy, it causes them to suffer a lot.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-07-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Rift Disciple

Traps, especially witha longer duration, would have use and merit if there were keeps or an RvR system.

They have little utility in these warfronts. Okay sure you can put mines around a flag or stone. Great.

Telaran

Agreed traps need to last longer I think that landmines are ok as is...but I would love some trap damage increase and if they think anything put the cool down back on them and make them insta cast without them breaking stealth...when this patch hits I'll probably going sab/mm/inf I know I'll have to sink points deep in to mm just for the healing debuff...it's going to be stilly if sab dmg isn't brought up to what it use to be, the reason it got nerfed is because we were dropping players that had no valor and now people with valor with one det and dd up ill be lucky if I hit for 2k in full r6 gear

I don't care about traps much myself... if Trion gives sabs back the old charge booster though... Me love them long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    I don't care about traps much myself... if Trion gives sabs back the old charge booster though... Me love them long time.
    Exactly what I'm talking about but if they don't improve/change traps then what's the point of having them in the game at all? I mean they are just points skipped of in the tree and skills never used if I could go back in time I'd save the play and not train any of the traps

I think charge damage is fine, but it's the other important aspects of the sab tree that give it character that are lacking. I agree.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

+ Reply to Thread