+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where is this competitive Ranged Spec they speak of?

Default Where is this competitive Ranged Spec they speak of?

Currently on PTS I tried so many builds but it all end up going back to 18MM/31Rng/17Sin build with Expose Weakness now usable but with 20 meters range. With all the changes, I am only seeing 120dps and 150dps ish gain with Expose Weakness in Tier1 raid gear and 4 pieces of t2 Expert gear. The only one come close is a 20MM/35Rng/11NB build with 40 dps difference. So has anyone figure out this competitive Ranged Spec yet?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shroomkin View Post
    Currently on PTS I tried so many builds but it all end up going back to 18MM/31Rng/17Sin build with Expose Weakness now usable but with 20 meters range. With all the changes, I am only seeing 120dps and 150dps ish gain with Expose Weakness in Tier1 raid gear and 4 pieces of t2 Expert gear. The only one come close is a 20MM/35Rng/11NB build with 40 dps difference. So has anyone figure out this competitive Ranged Spec yet?
    They haven't finished yet. They can't have. As of right now the ranger spec, in DIRECT opposition to their stated goal, is just as dependent upon the use of Shadow Fire as it ever was. So they must still be working on this. Not to mention the fact you not only have to be in 20 meters' range for expose weakness, but you are forced to give up the 5 meters of range from Keen Eye as well... if you want maximum damage output. I can live with 30 meters instead of 35. I'm not sure I like the idea of running up into 20 meter range just to apply expose weakness. May as well just be a 20 meter range across the board, like bards. At 20 meters, you're still outside of all the melee aoe crap.

As far as what will be competitive, I think it's going to be dependent upon gear. Try 20mm/31rng/15nb and use hellfire blades with electrified munitions. If you're crit capped, this may be the way to go.
    Last edited by Geistcreeper; 09-07-2011 at 12:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread