+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: All (?) Rogue 1.5 PTS Changes in 1 Post

Default All (?) Rogue 1.5 PTS Changes in 1 Post

Nightblade:
    Twilight Transcendence: Removes curable effects, 50% less damage taken, 50% Maximum Health healed over 4 seconds. - Old is 100% immune for 3s.
    Fell Blades: Old + The rogue gets healed for 20% of any heal the cursed enemy receives.
    Primal Death: Increases damage of your primal strike by 5/10/15%.
    Primal Strike: Now deals death damage.
    Enkindle: Increases the attack power bonus of your Fire based attacks by 10/20/30%.
    Living Flame: Added a 50% damage bonus from Attack power is applied to this attack.

Assassin:
    Baneful Touch: Increases all damage of weapon enchantments by 20%. Last 1 Hour.
    Enduring Brew: No longer a dot, scales with attack power. 1 minute cooldown.
    Poison Mastery: Increases the attack power bonus of your poison-coated by 10/20/30/40/50%. And increase the chance of appling poisons to your enemy by 4/8/12/16/20%. - (up from 2/4/6/8/10%)
    Expose Weakness: Now Scales with Attack Power. Now has a 20s cooldown.
    Backstab: 150% Attack Power applied instead of 100%.
    Assassinate: Also ignores 50% of armor now.
    Leeching Poison: Now a 14 point ability.
    Physical Trauma: Increases damage of your Puncture, Jagged Strike, and Impale by 15/30%. Your Impale causes targets to take an additional 15/30% damage from your Final Blow.

Ranger:
    Shadow Fire: Increases damage with Ranged Weapons by 13% for 25 seconds, increases by 1% for every point spent above 14. (changed from 35% boost always)
    Master Huntsman: Increased the healing debuff from Dire Wolf Pet to 10/20/30/40/50% (up from 6/12/18/24/30%).
    Killing Focus: Now effects both melee as well as ranged weapons.

Marksman:
    Comment on Munitions: You can have up 2 activated at the same time. However those 2 includes the ***/nb buffs also. All has a 100% proc rate.

Master Archer: Whenever you are standing still +4/8/12/16/20% extra damage.
    All Pedestals: Removed
    Single Minded Focus: Increases the damage of all single target attacks by 5%.
    Electrified Munitions: 14 points - Old Master Archer it seems.
    Invigorating Munitions: 18 points - All ranged attack abilties give back 2 energy.
    Vampiric Munitions: 36 points - As incorrect tooltip currently. Correct thing is... Ranged weapon attacks apply a curse on the enemy, reducing healing by 50%. The Rogue also heals for 20% of any healing the cursed enemy receives.
    Rending Munitions: 51 point - Ignores 25% of the targets armor.
    Penetrating Shots: Now effects both melee as well as ranged weapons.
    Penetrating Shots: Improved Fire Power now procs on melee weapons also.
    Strafe: Removed the portion about Pedestals and instead now gets "An additional 100% damage bonus from Attack Power is applied to this attack".
    Hit and Run: Removed.
    Improved Hit and Run: Renamed to Hit and Run.
    Deaden: Decreased energy cost reduced from 40 to 10.

Bladedancer:
    Contra Tempo: Quick Strike and Precision has 25/50% chance for extra combo points.
    Compound Attack: No longer has reduced damage to the extra targets (2nd and 3rd).
    Turn the Tide: Now also take 10% less damage.
    Weapon Barrge: Like all other interrupts in 1.5. This no longer deal damages.

Riftstalker:
    Annihilate: Increases attack power by 20% for up to 1 min (depends on combo points) instead of a fixed amount.
    Improved Rift Barrier: Removed
    Planar Vortex: Whenever you plane shift 50% weapon damage on surrounding enemies for 4 seconds, generates a lot of threat, requires Guardian Phase.
    Rift Barrier: Same as before, but also reflects the absorbed damage back to the caster.
    Guardian Phase: Increased threat generation from 100% to 200%.
    Stalker Phase: Buff is now applied after plane shifting, rather then just from Shadow Stalk and Shadow Assault. Giving you 100% uptime on the buff.
    Shadow Blitz: An additional 50% damage bonus from Attack Power is applied to this attack.
    Shadow Assault: An additional 50% damage bonus from Attack Power is applied to this attack.
    Hasted Time: Increases your movement speed by 25/50% (up from 15/30%) for 4 seconds after Plane Shifting. This can only be triggered once every 10 seconds.
    Freedom of movement: This effect can only be triggered once every 10 seconds.

Bard:
    Motif of Renewal: 6 Point - Plays a Motif that heals the rogue for X health every 3 seconds. Lasts 15 seconds. Does not stack with Motif of Regeneration. - Has the SAME healing per second as Regeneration. But self only.
    Triumphant Spirit: Motif of Renewal added

Saboteur:
    Fragmentation Bomb: +50% damage bonus from Attack Power
    Chemical Bomb: +50% damage bonus from Attack Power
    Time Bomb: Damage appears to have been doubled
    Annihilation Bomb: Damage appears to have been doubled, +50% damage bonus from Attack Power
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Sword of Telara

awsome, thanks for the compile

NB / SIN combo is going to be a beast in pvp
    Last edited by sanosuke; 09-07-2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    NB / SIN is going to be a beast
    NB/SIN/MM

I'm liking it

This needs sticky with edit power.
    Last edited by -Beck-; 09-07-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz View Post
    Bard:
    Motif of Renewal: 6 Point - Plays a Motif that heals the rogue for X health every 3 seconds. Lasts 15 seconds. Does not stack with Motif of Regeneration. - Has the SAME healing per second as Regeneration. But self only.
    Triumphant Spirit: Motif of Renewal added
    Oh yes, fear the awesome Bard ye' other callings...shiver and quake...

Gasp...Bard Uberness Revealed!

Run, run, run in terror!
    Last edited by TourneAsunder; 09-07-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    ...You know the way
    It twists and turns,
    Changing colour, Spinning yarns
    You know the way, It leaves you dry
    It cuts you up...And takes you high

Champion of Telara

27BD/mm/as

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zs0R0b.0VRcxob

4xNB/as/rs

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hqL0ss.0Vkcxob

/MM10 is also possible as an alternative to RS depending on how everything works out. Adjusted oldschool /RA7 also a possibility. I think the +%AP are the best effects out of all the options. The cost of using Annihilate may be too much. At 5 points you still get +15% AP though. MM would require 10 points to get a glut of AP. The first 5 points are exceptionally weak, though. /RA7 is a plausible option -- the 4% to "all" damage becomes a decent pick (note: may not function with Sab/Bard).

40BD/as/rs

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...sRRhdz.0Vkcxob

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz View Post
    Ranger:
    Shadow Fire: Increases damage with Ranged Weapons by 13% for 25 seconds, increases by 1% for every point spent above 14. (changed from 35% boost always)
    Master Huntsman: Increased the healing debuff from Dire Wolf Pet to 10/20/30/40/50% (up from 6/12/18/24/30%).
    Killing Focus: Now effects both melee as well as ranged weapons.
    I thought the goal of improving Ranger is to make it so Shadow Fire is "less" important in the whole soul tree, but they've decided to buff Shadow Fire even more now. Which Ranger is not going to rely on Shadow Fire in the future?

The buff on Dire Wolf is good as the wolf is pretty pathetic right now. The 50% healing debuff can be nasty.

I hope they can improve Feral Aggression. It only lasts 15s. It says it only increases critical chance. Maybe it should add +damage% as well and also include snare/stun protection?

RIFT Guide Writer

They need to give the ranger melee DPS pets a charge or sprint or something. They're just too damn slow for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    Tested all these builds but this one... can you please explain how MM fits into the build? Mixing ranged attacks with melee somehow?

Champion of Telara

According to the compilation above:

- First tier talent will function as +5% damage for single target attacks, including melee
    - Second tier will function as +25% AP, 100% uptime, for melee
    - Third tier will function as 10% armor pen, for melee
    - Fourth tier will function as +20% damage while standing still; not clarified if it also applies to melee but I made that random assumption, which could be incorrect

Edit: Worthwhile to test if Rapid Fire Shot is worth using over Deadly Strike. Probably not, but it's a possibility.
    Last edited by EasymodeX; 09-07-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    They need to give the ranger melee DPS pets a charge or sprint or something. They're just too damn slow for pvp.
    This too. My dire wolf runs like a snail. The razor pig charges fast but it's doing like almost no damage to players.

Too many threads. D:

Not that anybody will play 40pt BD, but

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Bladedancer

Dualism

Old: This rhythmic action allows the Rogue to add an additional combo point with Quick Strike and Precision Strike.
    New: This rhythmic action allows the Rogue to strike twice and add an additional combo point with Quick Strike and Precision Strike.

With the contra tempo changes you can potentially get 6 combo points out of a single Quick Strike, let alone Precision... The tooltip still says 45s exhuastion but it's only 20 seconds, and lasts for 21, with the Counterbalance and Blade Hustle talents.
    The exhaustion times seem to have all been reduced to 20 seconds, as Dualism is now the same as Blade Tempo, and Double Coup. You can now chain them seamlessly.

Champion of Telara

Old: This rhythmic action allows the Rogue to add an additional combo point with Quick Strike and Precision Strike.
    New: This rhythmic action allows the Rogue to strike twice and add an additional combo point with Quick Strike and Precision Strike.
    This is incorrect. The current Dualism strikes twice with QS and PS.

The second strike is only applies damage and does not generate a CP (edit: to clarify, the extra CP is from the Dualism ability -- a Dualism'd Precision Strike will not give 4 CPs, it gives 2+1). I don't imagine that this will change in 1.5, although if it does please post it.

I imagine that Contra Tempo's proc will only be checked on the initial Quick/Precision, and not on the Dualism copy of those abilities. Interesting if it does though.
    Last edited by EasymodeX; 09-07-2011 at 09:47 AM.

This is incorrect. The current Dualism strikes twice with QS and PS.

The second strike is only applies damage and does not generate a CP (edit: to clarify, the extra CP is from the Dualism ability -- a Dualism'd Precision Strike will not give 4 CPs, it gives 2+1). I don't imagine that this will change in 1.5, although if it does please post it.

I imagine that Contra Tempo's proc will only be checked on the initial Quick/Precision, and not on the Dualism copy of those abilities. Interesting if it does though.
    Mea culpa.

Is that a recent change? I haven't played my BD in a while but I don't remember that double-hit thing. In any case I got an instant 5 CP with Quick Strike I am fairly sure. I'll try to replicate it.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

According to the compilation above:

- First tier talent will function as +5% damage for single target attacks, including melee
    - Second tier will function as +25% AP, 100% uptime, for melee
    - Third tier will function as 10% armor pen, for melee
    - Fourth tier will function as +20% damage while standing still; not clarified if it also applies to melee but I made that random assumption, which could be incorrect

Edit: Worthwhile to test if Rapid Fire Shot is worth using over Deadly Strike. Probably not, but it's a possibility.
    Doesn't fourth tier say ranged attacks?

I played around with Rapid Fire/DD last night. I think DD came out ahead, but it requires more testing.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast