+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone have a good guide for Rogue PvP builds?

Shadowlander

Default Anyone have a good guide for Rogue PvP builds?

Looking to make a PvP soul with my Rogue and really not sure where to start. Trying to decide on the best build for solo PvP. 51sin/15 inf is one that looked decent?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aurbin View Post
    Looking to make a PvP soul with my Rogue and really not sure where to start. Trying to decide on the best build for solo PvP. 51sin/15 inf is one that looked decent?
    Anything you pick now will be completely different in 1.5.

That being said--In OPvP 51sin / 15 inf is amazing, and probably your best bet. If you are a low valor/low damage sin in a warfront people will complain at you, and you won't do much of anything except wait to rez. Even in OPvP, without good daggers and a good amount of damage reduction don't expect to kill anyone.

In warfront pvp (solo may mean solo queueing, not sure), since you are probably low prestige, stick to bard or 44 MM for eradicate to be the most useful to the team. Once you get a decent amount of valor I've found that 44 NB / 22 BD is my preferred spec.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Anything you pick now will be completely different in 1.5.

That being said--In OPvP 51sin / 15 inf is amazing, and probably your best bet.

I think im gonna play around with this just to see how it works. Do you have a link for macros for such a build?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurbin View Post
    I think im gonna play around with this just to see how it works. Do you have a link for macros for such a build?
    There's only a handful of abilities in that build honestly it shouldn't take more than a second to figure it out
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

are you rank 1ish?

mm is good, at low ranks i like 44mm (eradicator)/17sin/5rs (for hp buff and teleport)

bard builds are good, for low ranks i go 51bard (joy)/10nb/5rs (again for hp buff and teleport)

and many flag runner builds that use rs and bard, my fav is 44rs/22bard (for 20% run speed)

if you are R4 or higher then infiltrator is your friend, 51sin/15inf is good, 51sin/15bd is good, 51sin/15nb is also good... but nb imo is much better if you dont like skulking in the shadows and other melee builds like nightdancer are very good if you have some high dps weapons (relics or hk) but the best build really just depends on where you are on the ladder and your pve gear.

p.s. im gimp at pvp, only started the grind and only about 1/3 the way at R5 and giving up due to the last mini-patch making my cluster lose every wf due to being overrun with rogues.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread