+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The SabStab Guide for 1.4 and 1.5

Default The SabStab Guide for 1.4 and 1.5

I did not invent this guide, or the name so get over it. I am only posting a guide since my inbox is full and I want to send a link to people instead of posting this guide in my responses. So get over yourself.

Spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cyb0o0o.VV0G0s

Macros:

#show spike charge
    startattack
    cast spike charge

#show shrapnel charge
    startattack
    cast shrapnel charge

#show backstab
    cast backstab
    cast precision strike
    cast keen strike

possible incriminate macros (choose which fits your playstyle or skip)

#show incriminate
    cast @focus incriminate

#show incriminate
    cast @mouseover incriminate

#show detonate
    cast incriminate
    cast detonate

for the last one i prefer @focus since sometimes the boss will look at someone to cast an ability and u end up incriminating that person, this last one should only be used when you have the 4pc synergy crystal.

rotation: easy
    BS -> 4x spike -> DS -> BS -> 1s spike -> Det
    5x shrap -> Det
    repeat

using BS macro rotation changes when not behind target to
    KS -> 4x spike -> DS -> PS -> 1s spike -> Det
    5x shrap -> Det

AoE rotation:
    BS -> 4x shrap -> DS -> 1x shrap -> Det
    5x shrap -> det
    repeat

if infront it changes to
    KS -> 4x shrap -> DS -> 1x shrap -> Det
    PS -> 3x shrap -> DS -> 2x shrap -> Det
    repeat

be smart about the macro, you may end up going KS/BS if not paying attention.

conclusion: current highest dps I can do on the PTS with the current changes to rogues, we will see what comes up next. Keep in mind, I don't have synergy crystals on PTS but I do have the relic gear (I got hosed).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Suggestion: Change name to backstabo, it sounds much better.

(Gear)

Champion of Telara

I did not invent this guide, or the name so get over it. I am only posting a guide since my inbox is full and I want to send a link to people instead of posting this guide in my responses.
    1. You could have posted this post in the other Backstab Sab thread, and linked to that.

2. You are aware that in 1.5, the Sab spec will likely be selected only for heavy AOE roles in fights right? And that with AOE fights, the Backstab variant is categorically inferior to both the old Puncture variant, and the Keen/Prec+FOS variant, right? Nevermind the fact that with 1.5, the value of bombs may change and it may have an actual impact to the Sab side of the spec itself. Thus, any value that this guide has (e.g. I still consider the Backstab variant an overall inferior spec) is on centered on version 1.4, not 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    1. You could have posted this post in the other Backstab Sab thread, and linked to that.

2. You are aware that in 1.5, the Sab spec will likely be selected only for heavy AOE roles in fights right? And that with AOE fights, the Backstab variant is categorically inferior to both the old Puncture variant, and the Keen/Prec+FOS variant, right? Nevermind the fact that with 1.5, the value of bombs may change and it may have an actual impact to the Sab side of the spec itself. Thus, any value that this guide has (e.g. I still consider the Backstab variant an overall inferior spec) is on centered on version 1.4, not 1.5.
    1. if im writing a guide im making a new thread, dont like that? too bad

2. so? reread the point of this thread.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Champion of Telara

Sure, the point of the thread is to lighten your inbox.

And in doing so you're also spreading bad information. Good job, yo.

Plane Touched

Why do you have Spike and Shrap charges in a macro?

Quote Originally Posted by USSR View Post
    Why do you have Spike and Shrap charges in a macro?
    because i have weeping edge and if i dont have startattack first then the stacks drop. have done tons of tests and this is the only way to keep my autoattacks going.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    Sure, the point of the thread is to lighten your inbox.

And in doing so you're also spreading bad information. Good job, yo.
    my information is helpful to those not in the know, it's not for you. many people appreciate my guides, you don't have to get mad at me for posting them (yet you do no matter what, not sure why).

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

This thread just leveled Hoko's ego by 100.

This thread is not only unnecessary but it's a bit premature with all the changes incoming.
    Last edited by Draegan; 09-07-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    This thread just leveled Hoko's ego by 100.

This thread is not only unnecessary but it's a bit premature with all the changes incoming.
    you are welcome to answer all of the msg's in my inbox. this thread saved me time. and time is the reason why i posted it. sure if you have the time or read all the threads you will see this same guide many times over, but none of them were laid out like this, i did not make this post for my ego as i did not invent the build the rotation or even the corny name for it.... chew on that for a bit.

Champion of Telara

my information is helpful to those not in the know, it's not for you. many people appreciate my guides, you don't have to get mad at me for posting them (yet you do no matter what, not sure why).
    This guide is very out of line for 1.5. The only things I take issue with, as I stated in my original post, are the "1.5" reference in the title, and the simple fac that it's more spam.

I mean, you realize that there have been one and a half full threads dedicated to discussing the backstab variant right? You could have just posted in the last one, which I'd bet is still on the first page, and linked to that to "lighten your inbox".

In this respect you're pulling a Dunsparrow. Is that really your intent?

Edit: To be fair though at least you're not naming it a completely ******ed name, hahaha.
    Last edited by EasymodeX; 09-07-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Hoko just likes to hear himself talk without using his shift key. And also he needed a reason to tell everyone he has a full inbox.

And if you have an issue with your full inbox, direct them to me at Draegan@Riftjunkies.com and I'll be glad to answer anyone's questions.

In any case, there should not be any threads with 1.5 in the title just yet as I don't think we've seen all that is to come. And if what we have is it... then it'll be a /fail.
    Last edited by Draegan; 09-07-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

only reason i put 1.5 in the title is because based on the first wave of changes, it does not look like they are nerfing the sabodancer at all. now there may be other variants of saboteur that may come to the surface after more changes are made, but the essence of sabodancer will most likely be the same. in which case this guide is only for the sabodancer variant, it is not saying "max dps 1.5 build" in title, it is just saying the sabodancer rotation that will work in 1.4 and 1.5 based on my guesses, sure i can be wrong, but i doubt it at this point. unless they nerf sabodancer, this build will be viable come 1.5.

put it this way, come 1.5 either sabodancer will work or it wont, and if it does, this is the rotation for this variant, this rotation will not change, if a new variant comes out there will be a new guide for that, hence the title naming. if that is all you are getting mad at then my god, get over yourself.

Telaran

Just tried it and this spec is slightly better than the typical sabdancer spec (not the 44 pts sab) in terms of dps output and very consistent. Thank you for the info. The only concern one might have is with this spec pretty much you're in melee range at all time versus the other where you only need to get close to boss for DS/punture hit.

Thx again.

Champion of Telara

put it this way, come 1.5 either sabodancer will work or it wont, and if it does, this is the rotation for this variant, this rotation will not change,
    The implicit error here is: "this is the variant for Sab/BD". It is not in 1.4 and it is really unlikely in 1.5.

Thus, bad information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast