+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The SabStab Guide for 1.4 and 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    The implicit error here is: "this is the variant for Sab/BD". It is not in 1.4 and it is really unlikely in 1.5.

Thus, bad information.
    you are confusing me, nowhere am i saying this is THE variant, this is A variant that I happen to get the most success with. Reread if you think i said anything otherwise in the thread as I know i didnt.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

It's a good spec, but for me it's just such an annoying rotation and the fact that you have to be melee just while having majorly range talents for the majority of the dps; I guess it's such a paradox to me.

Qia

I think eithr Dunsparrow and Hoko are brothers or are the same person. This is just too funny.

Thread shoulda been 'The Hokodancer. Superior Sabdancer DPS.'

Quote Originally Posted by InferiOmega View Post
    Thread shoulda been 'The Hokodancer. Superior Sabdancer DPS.'
    it's not hokodancer unless it has flash of steel tho lol, that's my signature move!!!
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    BS -> 4x spike -> DS -> BS -> 1s spike -> Det
    5x shrap -> Det
    repeat
    I don't quite see how using the second backstab is worth using. I was under the impression that spike charge is the main source of single target damage for this build and adding that second backstab reduces spike charge uptime. Could you clarify this please?

Quote Originally Posted by Fwosty View Post
    I don't quite see how using the second backstab is worth using. I was under the impression that spike charge is the main source of single target damage for this build and adding that second backstab reduces spike charge uptime. Could you clarify this please?
    With tablet and fervor you will clip spike charge with puncture rotation (14GCD rotation, 15sec DOT duration), with the 2backstabs, you now have a 15GCD rotation, so impossible to clip spike. 2 backstabs also do significantly more damage than a single puncture.

(Gear)

Name: STABOTEUR

Rift Disciple

Not sure what Easymode and the RJ dude are getting so pissy about. Don't want to read thread? Don't.

I guess you guys like the stream of "CAN ANYBODY TEACH ME HOW TO DPS I AM A NEW 50" threads

Quote Originally Posted by Fonk View Post
    Not sure what Easymode and the RJ dude are getting so pissy about. Don't want to read thread? Don't.

I guess you guys like the stream of "CAN ANYBODY TEACH ME HOW TO DPS I AM A NEW 50" threads
    lol my point exactly, people asked me to do this! it's not my build, not my name, nothing, i said so in the first post! but ppl wanted guide and there were tons of ppl on the first page asking for this same guide lol.

Soulwalker

If Hoko worked for Trion, all our rogue problems will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbovrgn View Post
    If Hoko worked for Trion, all our rogue problems will be fixed.
    but then warrior mages and clerics would be QQ'ing :P

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Hoko did start 2 threads for the same thing, for some odd reason. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHY!

Curious minds want to know.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    lol my point exactly, people asked me to do this! it's not my build, not my name, nothing, i said so in the first post! but ppl wanted guide and there were tons of ppl on the first page asking for this same guide lol.
    Because people are sheep and someone has to lead them to the butcher's knife.

Btw: This "build" is old and nothing new. For people to ask for it is stupid and lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by hivolt View Post
    Because people are sheep and someone has to lead them to the butcher's knife.

Btw: This "build" is old and nothing new. For people to ask for it is stupid and lazy.
    lazy yes, but not stupid.

for every genius you will find 99 "stupid" people. these forums have thousands of people going by, you still need to cater to those with lesser intelligence.

also, it's not a guide unless the very first post in the thread has the guide, when people search they only search the title and the first boss, if you post a guide anywhere else, they will not see it at all and then come complain elsewhere, hence why i made the "new thread".

im just glad new builds are beating this on 1.5 by a nice amount!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast