+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anthems and Fanfares

Default Anthems and Fanfares

Hey all,

Crawling up the bard tree here, and enjoying it immensely. I do have a question that I'm hoping someone with a bit of experience can help me with.

Not counting rare and weird situations, what anthem and fanfare should I use for pvp and pve? Also, is picking up Anthem of Glory worth the skill point?

Thanks in advance.

PVP: Competence

PVE: Do you have a Chloro?

Yes: Competence
    No: Fervor

As for Fanfares, I usually cast Fanfare of Power unless warriors and rogues are severely outnumbered by casters.
    Last edited by Cinerus; 09-07-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    PVP: Competence

PVE: Do you have a Chloro?

Yes: Competence
    No: Fervor

As for Fanfares, I usually cast Fanfare of Power unless warriors and rogues are severely outnumbered by casters.
    What this guy said ^^

Rift Disciple

PVE: Cast both. Have the casters run out of LOS with the rogues/warriors, cast Knowledge on them, run out to the rogues/warriors, and cast power.

Soulwalker

Even with chloro, do fervor. 3% sounds small the it turns out to be a huuuge DPS difference for melee classes

Quote Originally Posted by Legidias View Post
    Even with chloro, do fervor. 3% sounds small the it turns out to be a huuuge DPS difference for melee classes
    Only rogues. Warriors in our guild never run below 50% energy at all times with Living Energy. Competence helps everyone in the raid, especially on bosses with knockbacks, avoiding AOE and such.

General of Telara

If you've got a Chloromancer and a cleric for a tank I'd tend to prefer Defiance myself. Just to that elemental hole they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Marikhen View Post
    If you've got a Chloromancer and a cleric for a tank I'd tend to prefer Defiance myself. Just to that elemental hole they have.
    Defiance doesn't stack with Arcane Aegis (Archon)

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    Defiance doesn't stack with Arcane Aegis (Archon)
    Archons aren't present in 5 mans and usually not in 10 mans either. Anthem of Defiance can be useful on fights like Uruluuk where you have a bard but no archon, and want that extra bit of resist.
    Last edited by DreadShinobi; 09-08-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Okita 60 Rogue l Creiddy 60 Cleric l Sacaen 60 Warr l Shiiun 60 Mage

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DreadShinobi View Post
    Archons aren't present in 5 mans and usually not in 10 mans either. Anthem of Defiance can be useful on fights like Uruluuk where you have a bard but no archon, and want that extra bit of resist.
    It's plausible but very unlikely that a Chloromancer healer could put 26 points into Archon for it. If they just put 32 in Chloromancer that would leave 8 points for Warlock insuring that they got Reconstruct and Life->Mana. It's very unlikely not because it wouldn't be effective but because the general trend for Chloromancers, and what people expect out of Chloromancers, is to sink every last point into the soul, slap Synthesis on the tank, and go on about their merry way with nary a thought as to just exactly how viable running with LGV might actually be.

At least with regards to 5-man instances. I'm fairly sure I'd never want to see a Chloromancer try to heal a tank like that in a raid environment.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by DreadShinobi View Post
    No.

/10chars
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

+ Reply to Thread