+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please fix energy starvation

Default Please fix energy starvation

Rogues are extremly dependant on passive bladedancer buffs, tablets, bard/chloro buffs.

Decrease the energy cost of skills by 30-50%
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

General of Telara

Are you perhaps mildly insane? 50%? Even 30% would be way too much given that that would likely result result in my rogue regenerating energy faster than she can lose it spamming abilities like Fan Out and Weapon flare. When you add that in conjunction to a Bard or even a Chloromancer... It would be very, very nasty.

Lol 50%?

That would make the standard 1 cp abilities go from 30 energy to 15 energy. You regenerate 20 energy per second. Would energy really be necessary then?

Even 30% would bring 30 energy abilities down to 21. Still too much.

Ascendant

Its...genius...There's no way this would completely imbalance the game.

This guy should work for Trion, quick get him a blue shirt!
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Rift Chaser

removing 3 energy off of all skills would do the job fine

Banned

They need to do something thats useful. Putting different skills in different trees is what they need to do cause Rogues have to go into Bladedancer for any high dps build because its the only build that returns energy. The new Marksman change isnt enough and probably isnt going to be really feasable to go that deep in Marksman for melee builds.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 09-08-2011 at 12:41 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    They need to do something thats useful. Putting different skills in different trees is what they need to do cause Rogues have to go into Bladedancer for any high dps build because its the only build that returns energy. The new Marksman change isnt enough and probably isnt going to be really feasable to go that deep in Marksman for melee builds.
    And the only build that doubles the damage of their builders. Zzz.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

I would agree that they need to find ways of getting the energy starvation under control alittle better, but a blanket energy cost reduction is not the way. I would say that somewherre i would say mid to high in the soul trees there should be a talent or passive that either decreases the energy cost of that souls abilites by a given amount, returns energy (either by criting, using finsihers like bd, or even granting a short term energy regen bonus.). Though i would do somethign slightly different for rangers and marksmen, with rangers i would give them a talent that gave them back energy via pet (such as when your pet crits, kills a mob.), and then for marksmen i would basically go for more of a cast time buff that while standing still you gain a passive bonus to your energy regen (maybe do it while you are casting your cast-time shots like deadeye and such.) to combat energy starvation. If you kept these low yet effective it would help to combat energy starvation yet not make it a thing of the past. Also for sabatuer maybe while an enemy is affect by your bombs you might regen energy, or when you use a bomb or trap it triggers a energy regen.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elric-merren View Post
    I would agree that they need to find ways of getting the energy starvation under control alittle better, but a blanket energy cost reduction is not the way. I would say that somewherre i would say mid to high in the soul trees there should be a talent or passive that either decreases the energy cost of that souls abilites by a given amount, returns energy (either by criting, using finsihers like bd, or even granting a short term energy regen bonus.). Though i would do somethign slightly different for rangers and marksmen, with rangers i would give them a talent that gave them back energy via pet (such as when your pet crits, kills a mob.), and then for marksmen i would basically go for more of a cast time buff that while standing still you gain a passive bonus to your energy regen (maybe do it while you are casting your cast-time shots like deadeye and such.) to combat energy starvation. If you kept these low yet effective it would help to combat energy starvation yet not make it a thing of the past. Also for sabatuer maybe while an enemy is affect by your bombs you might regen energy, or when you use a bomb or trap it triggers a energy regen.
    Personally (and this may be stupid) but I think a good chunk of rogue's energy starvation issues and DPS issues could be smoothed over by putting us on the same CP style as warriors. Have rogues max out at 3 combo points and maybe a finisher that acts as a DoT and returns a chunk of damage as energy (it could be like 1-3 energy points per tick depending on amount of CPs built up when finisher is used)

Quote Originally Posted by Havyek View Post
    Personally (and this may be stupid) but I think a good chunk of rogue's energy starvation issues and DPS issues could be smoothed over by putting us on the same CP style as warriors. Have rogues max out at 3 combo points and maybe a finisher that acts as a DoT and returns a chunk of damage as energy (it could be like 1-3 energy points per tick depending on amount of CPs built up when finisher is used)
    It is not that would be stupid at all, but that it would basically make us into leather warrior literally. I mean energy and power are basically the same system with two names on them, but the cp systems are sligthly different in that with a 5 cp you are dealing with more sustained dps where with a 3 cp system you are looking at a more burst system. (this part i knwo i am going to get killed for but hey oh well.) Myself would love to see warriors kinda be like wow wars in that they have to use attacks (which would mean making a few of their attacks into non-ap genrating but rage/power generating abuilities) to generate power/rage that they use to power their ap generating attacks, and then their finsihers would use a fusion of ap as well as rage/energy wth the ability having a energy/rage cost as well as having the ap determine the effect or damage of the finsiher. Really the system theyy have for warriors and rogues are almost carbon copies of each other right now. YOu would then also make rage/energy disappate over time same with ap to not allow huge bonuses or attcks to start off from.
    Last edited by Elric-merren; 09-08-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Sword of Telara

i dont get the "energy starvation" thing.. if we never want to worry about being energy starved, why not just get rid of energy all together?

we dont "depend" on tablets and such, they are consumables that increase our DPS by a good bit. maybe this is the pvp side, but in pve something like 30% energy increase and i would never have to worry about being outdpsed again (cept on sicaron)

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    i dont get the "energy starvation" thing.. if we never want to worry about being energy starved, why not just get rid of energy all together?

we dont "depend" on tablets and such, they are consumables that increase our DPS by a good bit. maybe this is the pvp side, but in pve something like 30% energy increase and i would never have to worry about being outdpsed again (cept on sicaron)
    Well not all builds are the same things like mm and ranger in some builds as well as others do have issues even with tablets and such with energy consuption rates leading to energy starviation points. I will say that alot of rogue build do not need a help with energy costs and regen at all, but if you want to see more builds becoming vailble issues in other souls and builds need to be worked and looked at.

+ Reply to Thread