+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1.5 The dawn of sabstab (oh wait, that is already top dps spec...)

Default 1.5 The dawn of sabstab (oh wait, that is already top dps spec...)

So... backstab got a huge buff, saboteur and bladedancer got 0 nerfs

sabstab (sabodancer with backstabx2 rotation) will kill the competition in all forms of dps (single target and aoe). have fun, that is all the theorycrafting you need for 1.5.

at least ranged is viable, but sabs are required in raids (at least 2) for the incriminate... this is the real reason we have always run sabs in raids, them doing the top ST and aoe dps is just a bonus.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Ascendant

They have said they were going to make BD a viable in your face rogue soul, however there are no changes yet. I'd expect some changes to pop up soon regarding deadly dance and a full overhaul.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    They have said they were going to make BD a viable in your face rogue soul, however there are no changes yet. I'd expect some changes to pop up soon regarding deadly dance and a full overhaul.
    we'll see, but they also dont want to nerf sabodancer since it is already behind warrior dps in single target, and behind cab/mage in aoe, so i highly doubt they will change any mechanics, if anything they will simply buff some BD abilities.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Hes talking pve not pvp. The contra tempo got a change. Id expect more changes to come. Like either removing hit from pvp or changing all the god damn dodge bonuses in bd to something useful. at the end of the day they just take all the dps stuff from rift stalker and switch with all the defense in bd.

Ps sozu's spec is back to original rotation.

What is the current live backstab % ap modifier?

How big of a buff is 150%?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    What is the current live backstab % ap modifier?

How big of a buff is 150%?
    100%. 50% more ap...hmm lets see ap sucks..so probably about /shrug

Prophet of Telara

Changes aren't complete or final yet as far as we know. At least they are making some game changing changes is all I can say at this point.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

You really don't need incrim that much in raids. Maybe one?

Still Sabs are going to be king for AOE. I just think there will be better ST builds out there.

Ranger's need a bit of a buff with rain of arrows to come close. No other soul has AOE abilities anyway.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    So... backstab got a huge buff, saboteur and bladedancer got 0 nerfs

sabstab (sabodancer with backstabx2 rotation) will kill the competition in all forms of dps (single target and aoe). have fun, that is all the theorycrafting you need for 1.5.

at least ranged is viable, but sabs are required in raids (at least 2) for the incriminate... this is the real reason we have always run sabs in raids, them doing the top ST and aoe dps is just a bonus.
    .... and?

No, REALLY, AND?

By process of elimination, there HAS TO BE a "top dps" build.

If 4 months down the road, another spec becomes "top dps", will you complain about that too?

REALLY!?
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Changes aren't complete or final yet as far as we know. At least they are making some game changing changes is all I can say at this point.
    The thing about band aids is they fall off. The changes are in a way a step in the right direction. The problem I see is that they arent really adding dps they are just adding the ability to steal healing. they seem to want to make RS a tree people want to have gap closers. But to get anything decent for the other trees is a bit .... The healing thing requires hitting our targets. IF you cant reach them your not gonna get your heal...

MM will still be the pvp spec if you want to shoot people. Now you will be stripping buffs and staying alive longer rather then just stripping buffs.(until a rogue strips yours at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    .... and?

No, REALLY, AND?

If 4 months down the road, another spec becomes "top dps", will you complain about that too?

REALLY!?
    reread my post, then read it again. not a complaint, just the end of theorycrafting which tons will spend hours on just to come to the same conclusion i just posted... well that is if 1.5 went live the way it is now on pts, which it never will, but posting this is an eye opener to the devs, since they read my threads and buff/nerf accordingly.

afterall, i was the first to point out the huge exploits of the spotters order system and 1 patch later it got nerfed to the ground.

i dont care what spec is top dog, just know im going to find it out and post my findings (as i always have).

oh and 50% more AP bonus is huge, if you dont understand just compare your initial hit puncture to initial hit precision strike and notices how big the gap is, puncture has normal AP coefficient where precision strike has 100% AP bonus. and some of us have been heavily stacking AP since a long time ago and have very good #s to show for it.

.... and?

No, REALLY, AND?

REALLY!?
    same spec for 4 months gets a little tiring

(Gear)

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    reread my post, then read it again. not a complaint, just the end of theorycrafting which tons will spend hours on just to come to the same conclusion i just posted... well that is if 1.5 went live the way it is now on pts, which it never will, but posting this is an eye opener to the devs, since they read my threads and buff/nerf accordingly.

afterall, i was the first to point out the huge exploits of the spotters order system and 1 patch later it got nerfed to the ground.

i dont care what spec is top dog, just know im going to find it out and post my findings (as i always have).

oh and 50% more AP bonus is huge, if you dont understand just compare your initial hit puncture to initial hit precision strike and notices how big the gap is, puncture has normal AP coefficient where precision strike has 100% AP bonus. and some of us have been heavily stacking AP since a long time ago and have very good #s to show for it.
    lol

with10chars

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    same spec for 4 months gets a little tiring
    Play another then. This game not only has multiple spec slots, but also multiple character slots as well.

Try your Cleric or Mage for awhile.

I'm an alt-aholic as well as someone who plays multiple builds per character.

Do you feel the need to "only play the top DPS" or it isn't fun?

REALLY?
    Last edited by Proclus_Lycaeus; 09-07-2011 at 06:26 AM.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Play another then. This game not only has multiple spec slots, but also multiple character slots as well.

Try your Cleric or Mage for awhile.

I'm an alt-aholic as well as someone who plays multiple builds per character.

Do you feel the need to "only play the top DPS" or it isn't fun?

REALLY?
    I feel the need to not be dead weight to my guild, which means I will play sabodancer unless sabodancer does not work for a specific fight. It certainly isn't fun knowing that 19 people are carrying you because you decided to play a terrible spec. This doesn't mean I don't want something other than sabodancer to be viable though. This way, I can both have fun, AND pull my own weight.

(Gear)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast