+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To be fair, the 1.5 Rogue overview looks like they get what was being said.

Default To be fair, the 1.5 Rogue overview looks like they get what was being said.

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...nges-test.html

They have understood what many of us have been saying about T7 and T8 play (and happily ignored T4 Rogues saying "we're fine").

too bad they ignored every last word that was suggested/wished for/dreamed of by bards.
    Can we PLEASE get someone who is familiar with a REAL support role to rework this lame class? Tired of this clown who hasn't got a clue what support is supposed to be.
    Last edited by Efaicia; 09-07-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    too bad they ignored every last word that was suggested/wished for/dreamed of by bards.
    Can we PLEASE get someone who is familiar with a REAL support role to rework this lame class? Tired of this clown who hasn't got a clue what support is supposed to be.
    To be fair this is only the first wave of tweaks, let's wait and see what happens before we rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn View Post
    To be fair this is only the first wave of tweaks, let's wait and see what happens before we rage.
    I want my HPS while running around in circles damn it!

Default ..

Agreed. Wait. I'm still waiting for rogue changes in DAOC 5 years later... is it OK to rage about them yet?

Everyone always tells you to wait for "future updates".... but in DAOC it never happened.

I say Rage when you feel like it...they will ignore it when they feel like it. Er...
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Agreed. Wait. I'm still waiting for rogue changes in DAOC 5 years later... is it OK to rage about them yet?

Everyone always tells you to wait for "future updates".... but in DAOC it never happened.

I say Rage when you feel like it...they will ignore it when they feel like it. Er...
    This Dev team does NOT get enough credit. Aside from our famously mute Rogue Dev, the devs have as a whole have been awfully fast in, at they very least, responding VERBALLY to certain issues - with real changes coming immediately after.

Changes will never happen quickly enough to please everyone. But for those of us who suffered through games with completely silent developers, this game has been an extremely refreshing change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonk View Post
    This Dev team does NOT get enough credit. Aside from our famously mute Rogue Dev, the devs have as a whole have been awfully fast in, at they very least, responding VERBALLY to certain issues - with real changes coming immediately after.

Changes will never happen quickly enough to please everyone. But for those of us who suffered through games with completely silent developers, this game has been an extremely refreshing change of pace.
    You're right, the absolute crap ton of pvp changes made will make my Riftstalker a wanted class in raids now! Oh wait...

They were happy to ignore a thread with 36 pages, and 16,700 odd views and leave us riftstalkers now months into hammerknell with no changes of worth on the horizon. Great, aoe threat mechanic. Shame if I pull as many mobs as a warrior I'll die anyway.
    Split - Rogue Tank - Purge to Win
    GSB - 5/5 / RoS - 4/4 / HK - 11/11

General of Telara

Someone explain to me why anyone expects the developer in charge of rogues to do anything other than stand back in the shadows, out of sight and mouth shut, waiting to knife someone in the back at the right moment? Does anyone honestly expect a proper developer for rogues to stand out in the open, chatting away like some street corner gossip?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    You're right, the absolute crap ton of pvp changes made will make my Riftstalker a wanted class in raids now! Oh wait...

They were happy to ignore a thread with 36 pages, and 16,700 odd views and leave us riftstalkers now months into hammerknell with no changes of worth on the horizon. Great, aoe threat mechanic. Shame if I pull as many mobs as a warrior I'll die anyway.
    Yeah it does seem like they did little but make RS more viable for a PVP role.

And Bard could still be improved with just a couple changes.

Hopefully they're just as they said.... highly experimental changes and there's more to come.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post

I am not under the assumption that the changes we've seen are ALL the changes. I think this is something to whet our appetite.

My reason for thinking this is they made it a bullet point that BDs would be viable in your face rogues... yet we've seen like 0 changes to that tree.

So either you're impatient or they're blatant liars, which I sincerely hope isn't the case and I've seen no evidence as of yet to accuse them as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Marikhen View Post
    Someone explain to me why anyone expects the developer in charge of rogues to do anything other than stand back in the shadows, out of sight and mouth shut, waiting to knife someone in the back at the right moment? Does anyone honestly expect a proper developer for rogues to stand out in the open, chatting away like some street corner gossip?
    yes, because he is developer for a game, if he wants to role play he can quit trying to WORK on games and play them instead.

I am not under the assumption that the changes we've seen are ALL the changes. I think this is something to whet our appetite.

My reason for thinking this is they made it a bullet point that BDs would be viable in your face rogues... yet we've seen like 0 changes to that tree.

So either you're impatient or they're blatant liars, which I sincerely hope isn't the case and I've seen no evidence as of yet to accuse them as such.
    6 months is not impatient, if anything its foolishly patient. I am raged though no doubt about this.
    Split - Rogue Tank - Purge to Win
    GSB - 5/5 / RoS - 4/4 / HK - 11/11

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    yes, because he is developer for a game, if he wants to role play he can quit trying to WORK on games and play them instead.
    Whoever said anything about roleplaying? People act like that all the time without needing to roleplay it.

Champion

The worst problems atm are with melee rogues... the ones that do as good if not worse damage than MM

(assassins atm seem pretty worthless in WFs even with the better dps.. no gap closer, survivability, a stealth kill around every 2 minutes.. its only spot is a vault guard in codex, random straggler catch in Whitefall and maybe. only maybe a respawn catch in any other WF assuming no one sticks together or can survive an assassins initial spike...)

Trion anounces changes at long last... they are mainly MM/sab changes...

i facepalm and cancel sub

yes they might come out with other changes.. but why the **** are they waiting!?!?! if they are strong enough to bring a ****ty class like BD/NB/Ranger into balance and Trion is making the changes they are going to have kinks and need the most play testing to work out... yet they don't bother with more than a 10% dmg reduction buff to bladedancer.. no dps... no parry/dodge... NB only got candy, nothing that makes them any more viable...
    Last edited by garethh; 09-07-2011 at 08:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread