+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade Self Heal?

Telaran

Default Nightblade Self Heal?

First, I will start off on why, and how I started playing rogue.

TLDR at end....

I always wanted to play a game that made rogue, like an ACTUAL rogue, not an assassin, or ninja, but an ACTUAL rogue. This game did not do that, nor does any game.

I first started it with Bard, which had decent damage at lower levels. As I progressed in levels, I loved being able to take on multiple monsters, due to the Cadence, Motif of Regeneration, and the healing ability, which makes for great heals. I loved being able to do this, but the fights started taking a long time, and the damage dropped as I gained levels.

Then, I changed to Ranger. My damage increased majorly, but the survivability dropped slightly, until I learned more about how to use the pet to tank more than one monster. I loved the damage ranger pumped out, but then I started getting killed a large amount of times, and I kept getting destroyed by PvPers my level, because as soon as they got close to me, I was unable to deal any damage at all.

I chose RiftStalker later, and that just failed miserably. I was able to tank, and keep threat by a great deal but.... I took too much damage for the healers to heal.

Then, I changed to Nightblade.... Insane amounts of damage in a short burst, and CC abilities. But... very low defence. If I get attacked by more than two mobs, I die instantly due to being unable to self heal.

TLDR: Does the Nightblade (Or any rogue tree (Besides Bard.)), have ANY self heals that heal or anything? I am tired of not being able to heal my self well, and getting killed if I get more than two monsters on me at any time.

Plane Touched

For solo pve, 13 Riftstalker with max Rift Scavenger is your answer. "Whenever your current Combo Point target is killed, unused Combo Points are refunded, healing you for 6% of your Maximum Health per Combo Point."

Quote Originally Posted by Takelli View Post
    First, I will start off on why, and how I started playing rogue.

TLDR at end....

I always wanted to play a game that made rogue, like an ACTUAL rogue, not an assassin, or ninja, but an ACTUAL rogue. This game did not do that, nor does any game.

I first started it with Bard, which had decent damage at lower levels. As I progressed in levels, I loved being able to take on multiple monsters, due to the Cadence, Motif of Regeneration, and the healing ability, which makes for great heals. I loved being able to do this, but the fights started taking a long time, and the damage dropped as I gained levels.

Then, I changed to Ranger. My damage increased majorly, but the survivability dropped slightly, until I learned more about how to use the pet to tank more than one monster. I loved the damage ranger pumped out, but then I started getting killed a large amount of times, and I kept getting destroyed by PvPers my level, because as soon as they got close to me, I was unable to deal any damage at all.

I chose RiftStalker later, and that just failed miserably. I was able to tank, and keep threat by a great deal but.... I took too much damage for the healers to heal.

Then, I changed to Nightblade.... Insane amounts of damage in a short burst, and CC abilities. But... very low defence. If I get attacked by more than two mobs, I die instantly due to being unable to self heal.

TLDR: Does the Nightblade (Or any rogue tree (Besides Bard.)), have ANY self heals that heal or anything? I am tired of not being able to heal my self well, and getting killed if I get more than two monsters on me at any time.
    Not yet but go look at the PTR notes they will be able to self heal.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SlientShadow View Post
    For solo pve, 13 Riftstalker with max Rift Scavenger is your answer. "Whenever your current Combo Point target is killed, unused Combo Points are refunded, healing you for 6% of your Maximum Health per Combo Point."
    I don't really like Riftstalker all that much because they are a bit weak, both on offensive (But that is because they are tank), and defensive. But, the self heal won't help me too much, because all my targets never have any combo points on them by the time I kill them.

I use 4-5 skills, and the target drops instantly, and the last skill is usually the killing blow, leaving no combo points.

But, thank you for the feed back anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn View Post
    Not yet but go look at the PTR notes they will be able to self heal.
    I will check them out, thank you. Do you know when the patch 1.5 will come out though?
    Last edited by Takelli; 09-07-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Telaran

((Wish I could edit the last post... Damn timer....))

By the way... Where can I find the 1.5 Patch notes? If I google it, the search comes up with nothing good....

Twilight Transcendence - Removes curable harmful effects, reduces damage taken by 50% and heals the Rogue for 50% of maximum health over 4 seconds.

2 minute CD, 38 point ability.

Not too shabby.
    <Retired>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    Twilight Transcendence - Removes curable harmful effects, reduces damage taken by 50% and heals the Rogue for 50% of maximum health over 4 seconds.

2 minute CD, 38 point ability.

Not too shabby.
    Wait, that's in the Nightblade tree? I haven't seen that yet... Too bad I'm level 37 atm.... XD

Champion

No, really. Rift scavenger is your only answer. If your finisher is going to kill the mob, just don't use the finisher when you need a heal.

Here's one dude's guide about using it with Bladedancer for a leveling/farming build that does quick aoe killing without stopping to drink.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ove-rogue.html

If Nightblade's still your thing, Riftstalker can work okay with that too but it's currently more of a PvP build though.
    Last edited by rennlc; 09-07-2011 at 03:34 AM.

((Wish I could edit the last post... Damn timer....))

By the way... Where can I find the 1.5 Patch notes? If I google it, the search comes up with nothing good....
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...s-changes.html

there's detailed accounts on the changes in this post that are being tested atm.

Twilight Transcendence:

Removes curable effects, 50% less damage taken, 50% Maximum Health healed over 4 seconds.

Fell Blades:

Same as before on the -50% healing part, extra thing added:

The rogues gets healed for 20% of any heal the cursed enemy receives.

but those are the current PTS changes being tested for Nightblades. with self heals attached

Soulwalker

I don't really like Riftstalker all that much because they are a bit weak, both on offensive (But that is because they are tank), and defensive. But, the self heal won't help me too much, because all my targets never have any combo points on them by the time I kill them.

I use 4-5 skills, and the target drops instantly, and the last skill is usually the killing blow, leaving no combo points.

But, thank you for the feed back anyways.

I will check them out, thank you. Do you know when the patch 1.5 will come out though?
    One of my toons I am toying with is nightblade/assassin/riftstalker. I am opposed to a rogue tank, but you can't beat the idea of healing when you kill a mob, especially if you solo a lot. If you have a healer, I would say put your points where you kill fastest and make him do his job, lol. I ran into a similar problem about having no points left when I killed, so I had to change my approach. Assuming it is a single, or maybe two mobs, I usually planeshift to the target to get the temp bubble to reduce damage, then use all my skills to get points up and use finisher as quickly as possible.....then as I run points up a second time, I try to leave them for a heal. It usualy works out that i can get them back to at least 3 or 4 and get a decent heal.

Believe it or not, I had the same problem you did with ranger/marksman. It takes some practice and careful planning of your attack. I was careless a lot, and pulled more mobs than my pet and I could tank together so i kinda got away from that one. My other fun toon is a necro/chloro/lock. From my experience, there is no better solo PVE'r in the game. I don't say that to hijack the rogue forum, but its something to consider if you ever think of getting away from rogue. However, I think if i had a reliable (always logged on) healer, I would probably choose rogue and go with as much dps as i could muster. I love the stealthy stuff more than magic stuff, but i have to roll with what assets ive got.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...s-changes.html

there's detailed accounts on the changes in this post that are being tested atm.

Twilight Transcendence:

Removes curable effects, 50% less damage taken, 50% Maximum Health healed over 4 seconds.

Fell Blades:

Same as before on the -50% healing part, extra thing added:

The rogues gets healed for 20% of any heal the cursed enemy receives.

but those are the current PTS changes being tested for Nightblades. with self heals attached
    All right, awesome. Night Blade is going to be even stronger in PvP then as well. Getting healed when the foe gets healed, along with your team healer? Awesome.

I will check out that link though.

But... I do have a question.....

I am currently as Nightblade/Bladedancer/Sabatour.

Now... Does Nimblefinger, stack with Ambidextrous? And if so, how do they stack? Does it add 15% from one to your dex, then the other 15%. Or, do they add up to 30%, and add that to your dex?

Or, would it just be better to change Sabatour to Riftstalker for the 5% extra damage boost?

All right, awesome. Night Blade is going to be even stronger in PvP then as well. Getting healed when the foe gets healed, along with your team healer? Awesome.

I will check out that link though.

But... I do have a question.....

I am currently as Nightblade/Bladedancer/Sabatour.

Now... Does Nimblefinger, stack with Ambidextrous? And if so, how do they stack? Does it add 15% from one to your dex, then the other 15%. Or, do they add up to 30%, and add that to your dex?

Or, would it just be better to change Sabatour to Riftstalker for the 5% extra damage boost?
    So far as I know nothing in the Rogue souls actually add up together as in your example 15% + 15% = 30%.

It sure as hell doesn't work that for our Armor Penetration which is really sad. Warriors are still going to rapeface us.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 09-07-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    So far as I know nothing in the Rogue souls actually add up together as in your example 15% + 15% = 30%.

It sure as hell doesn't work that for our Armor Penetration which is really sad. Warriors are still going to rapeface us.

- Vybz
    All right, thanks man. They should add up abilities, that would be great.

All right, thanks man. They should add up abilities, that would be great.
    They do not sure what he is talking about but the two dex buffs are addative just like all other's like that. The crit bonus from sin is additive to the one in INF.... ect the Armor pen one is from MM and inf but only on ranged attacks melee just gets the 10 from inf
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    They do not sure what he is talking about but the two dex buffs are addative just like all other's like that. The crit bonus from sin is additive to the one in INF.... ect the Armor pen one is from MM and inf but only on ranged attacks melee just gets the 10 from inf
    Check it again, we tested ArP last night on the PTS.

They work like Valor. Rogues, at rank 8, should have about 40% physical damage reduction from just armor. 40% Valor does not make it 80% if that were the case we'd never die to Warriors with Against All Odds proccing. It's actually 40% reduction from Valor of the remaining 60% and then it's 15% of the remaining with Against All Odds proccing.

In reality it gets lower and lower instead of higher and higher.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 09-07-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast