+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresh perspective on rogue pvp badness

Rift Disciple

Default Fresh perspective on rogue pvp badness

So I took a pretty long break from the game getting some of that real-life stuff done. I pretty much stopped playing right as 1.3 came out and came back this weekend.

I really sucked at first because of how rusty I was, especially trying to remember my 3 different pvp specs.

So after I shook the rust off I realized I still sucked. I think part of it was being outgunned gear wise. I am only rank5 and had mostly rank3 gear, but the thing that REALLY struck me (pun intended) as I played WF after WF was how much fricken damage I was taking.

I died to a sword and board guy using shield throw or whatever it is called so obviously some form of pally spec so fast I had to go back and look at the logs. This dude was laying waste to everyone in the scenario. Sure, we probably sucked, but still this was pretty amazing to watch. I think the guy's name was Samasain or something like that.

Anyways, definitely "feels" like things have changed for this rogue. Maybe they will change somewhat when I have some rank6+ gear one day.

What I think is funny is that wasn't Trion trying to equalize pvp somewhat for valor etc. versus creating such huge disparities?

/qq off .... I'll continue trying to figure out that magic soul pairing in the meantime.

This isn't really what I'd call a "Fresh Perspective", nonetheless I agree with you.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

Fresh in that I left with a 1.2 take on the game where I was relatively happy with my place in pvp, and came back to what I feel is a very uphill battle for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaxmax View Post
    So I took a pretty long break from the game getting some of that real-life stuff done. I pretty much stopped playing right as 1.3 came out and came back this weekend.

I really sucked at first because of how rusty I was, especially trying to remember my 3 different pvp specs.

So after I shook the rust off I realized I still sucked. I think part of it was being outgunned gear wise. I am only rank5 and had mostly rank3 gear, but the thing that REALLY struck me (pun intended) as I played WF after WF was how much fricken damage I was taking.

I died to a sword and board guy using shield throw or whatever it is called so obviously some form of pally spec so fast I had to go back and look at the logs. This dude was laying waste to everyone in the scenario. Sure, we probably sucked, but still this was pretty amazing to watch. I think the guy's name was Samasain or something like that.

Anyways, definitely "feels" like things have changed for this rogue. Maybe they will change somewhat when I have some rank6+ gear one day.

What I think is funny is that wasn't Trion trying to equalize pvp somewhat for valor etc. versus creating such huge disparities?

/qq off .... I'll continue trying to figure out that magic soul pairing in the meantime.
    All the valor change did was make low rank healing specs harder to kill and made everything harder for a rogue
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Telaran

Haha sam is in my guild on seastone yea he's rank 8 sword and board and it's funny to watch him in a black garden charge up to the gaurs side and reck people with nothing but bloodthirsty procs as his healer...but on a low note welcome back now I suggest cancel your sub cause it going to be like that for a while...unless there are sweeping changes on the horizen
    Trapped<Ruined> level 50 rogue

Rift Disciple

Not a fresh experience but in Tier 2 warfronts, a warrior with two swords charged at me and I died under 5s. I honestly don't know what hit me except I just died so quick. Yup, I hit snare... but he was already charging at me.

Oh and I am full Ranger right now at lvl 22. And my pet just watch me get slaughtered! Bad wolf.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by trapped34 View Post
    Haha sam is in my guild on seastone yea he's rank 8 sword and board and it's funny to watch him in a black garden charge up to the gaurs side and reck people with nothing but bloodthirsty procs as his healer...but on a low note welcome back now I suggest cancel your sub cause it going to be like that for a while...unless there are sweeping changes on the horizen
    I won't cancel. I enjoy a challenge. Maybe I'll just go full riftstalker and hope to win the battle of attrition!

Champion

or you switch to a MM ;)

the spec is about to turn into the new champ/para.. pre nerf that is..

Champion

and Trion claims to be 'content with the state of warriors'

>< to each their own but i would hope a dev team wasn't as immature as a sadistic little kid.. that or too busy playing WoW to do anything besides check the forums in the background between raids...
    Last edited by garethh; 09-06-2011 at 10:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread