+ Reply to Thread

Thread: want a pvp meele build

Soulwalker

Default want a pvp meele build

New to the pvp meele build with a rouge, ranged dps is cool but I want to get in the mix ..so to say. Just hit 50 and getting my hat handed to me in pvp...well up close..any input would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuff View Post
    New to the pvp meele build with a rouge, ranged dps is cool but I want to get in the mix ..so to say. Just hit 50 and getting my hat handed to me in pvp...well up close..any input would be great.
    There isn't one for a fresh 50 sadly there is hardly one for an R8 but id suggest 44Nb/22 sin just don't expect to kill much of anything but at least with details cooldowns you won't always did in 2 seconds
    Last edited by sanosuke; 09-06-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Don't try to melee DPS as a rogue. For serious. It's bad for your mental.
    I tired it one time and I were never teh saem.
    ~Quiescent

Lol stupid auto correct on my phone should say with the defensive cooldowns you won't die in seconds as often
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

RIFT Guide Writer

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....GNRbt0bodbR.x

This melee build is for a new lv50 rogue. Try it out.

Edit:
    For when you reach P6 use this build for melee.

I use it and enjoy it very much. I also do own people as P8.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tsfqddR.xx0M0c
    Last edited by ChrisN; 09-07-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuff View Post
    You don't want to melee as a fresh 50 Rogue. Those rank 8 Riftblades will be eating a sandwich with a side of you.

If you really are dead set on PvPing as melee, do a MM/NB variant. Have kiting ability and CDs to keep you alive.
    Last edited by Raiga; 09-07-2011 at 02:33 AM.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Rift Chaser

Melee as 44nb/12mm/10inf

You will need P2 to do this build.

I found this build did better then most since you have felblades healing debuff and even if your damage sucks it helps the team out and gives you much needed cooldowns and surviveability.

I tried the 51MM build when I was a fresh 50 and found I did about the same damage but it was all healed through. This build fares better and has the healing debuff and more oh **** buttons.

Rift Disciple

just go 51 sab or mm til you get to the higher tiers.....they have the less suck value for lower tiers

I've been running around as

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...s.V0o.xx0R0f0b

and doing fairly well with it, course its not quite as useful without p4...

Or you can go 51 riftstalker and tank them...
    I place a black candle on your chest,
    the path of night is manifest.

Sempresno Level 50 P6 Rogue/Marcosias Level 45 Warrior/Diclonius Level 26 Mage/Sumona Level 23 Cleric - Banished - Dayblind

51/assassin 15/infiltrator

You'll need prestige 4 though so instead you're left with 51 a lower damage assassin build which like with ALL rogue builds right now in pvp a 1 pump wonder. You pop everything you have in the hope it catches somebody off guard from healers or already damage to get a kill then run away. Rogues are basically a metaphor for older male sex drive. Once popped they need to take a break, eat a sammich, then they can return later to contribute again for a very short period of time before repeating.

I'm prestige 6 and it's still the exact same case as I was in lower rank. You don't go into melee if you want to live. You jump in quickly use all cooldowns and escape before someone notices you. Good luck trying to solo any competent player though because you won't win unless they have a seizure mid fight and fall on the floor away from the keyboard. In the case of riftblades they can still do this and you'll kill yourself.
    Last edited by INCdex; 09-07-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Blade dancer and night blade has absolutely laughable damage until the later tiers. Even then it's still laughable and players will often ignore you because even beating on them you aren't a threat.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by INCdex View Post
    Blade dancer and night blade has absolutely laughable damage until the later tiers. Even then it's still laughable and players will often ignore you because even beating on them you aren't a threat.
    NB 33 assassin 33 takes names and kills people. 51 sin even at r7 ATM is a joke. Till 1.5 stick to mm

+ Reply to Thread