+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hidden nerf to Stealth in Hotfix #2 (1.4.2)

Rift Disciple

Default Hidden nerf to Stealth in Hotfix #2 (1.4.2)

Since the hotfix, I've used Slip Away on my assassin, with Hidden Veil on, and been 1. Killed by players 1. Killed by players. 2. Killed by dungeon mobs 3. Popped out of stealth randomly walking across an empty map, with no attack in my combat log, just not stealthed anymore despite having points into the permanent stealth ability. 4. Killed by boss in a dungeon after I used Slip Away. 5. Not killed by boss in a dungeon. 6. Same encounter as #5, healer let tank die AGAIN so I hit Slip Away... boss came after me again.

I've also been attacked and killed by another rogue while I was in stealth. They came out of stealth and just opened up on me as if I was visible. Does a higher pvp rank player have the ability to see a stealthed lower rank one? Rogue is 50 so it's definitely NOT a level difference.

Is anyone else having this problem?

The only thing mentioned in the hotfix notes are that they're looking at the viability of rogues not having so much reliance on stealth and slip away.

Looks like they took away the ability to use stealth and Slip Away as they were originally intended, without giving us a reasonable alternative yet. Like, oh, dps and survivability...
    Last edited by Leiralei; 09-06-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    WARNING: Contents may be Irish.
    <Bountiful> on Faeblight, 50 Mage Bahmi
    taking some time off in a galaxy far, far away.
    We're tiny but mighty! RAWR!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Leiralei View Post
    Since the hotfix, I've used Slip Away on my assassin, with Hidden Veil on, and been 1. Killed by players 1. Killed by players. 2. Killed by dungeon mobs 3. Popped out of stealth randomly walking across an empty map, with no attack in my combat log, just not stealthed anymore despite having points into the permanent stealth ability. 4. Killed by boss in a dungeon after I used Slip Away. 5. Not killed by boss in a dungeon. 6. Same encounter as #5, healer let tank die AGAIN so I hit Slip Away... boss came after me again.
    Hidden veil allows you to not break stealth for the timer on it... you still break stealth if you take damage after your Break away immunity... that's why you're losing stealth later.

Bosses in dungeons can see through stealth at like 1/4 their aggro range..

I've also been attacked and killed by another rogue while I was in stealth. They came out of stealth and just opened up on me as if I was visible. Does a higher pvp rank player have the ability to see a stealthed lower rank one? Rogue is 50 so it's definitely NOT a level difference.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    If you get close enough to another rogue that is stealthed, they can see you. So make sure you're always moving and hope they don't get lucky.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Rift Disciple

In several of these I was still stealthed when I died. Mage hit inferno on me after I hit slip away successfully. Shouldn't have been targetable for it. None were aoe that could break stealth, it was all targeted.

And the boss coming after me across the room while stealthed after slip away was what? I was still in stealth, not popped out of it.

This isn't happening to anyone else?

Never happened before the hotfix, this many times since.
    Last edited by Leiralei; 09-06-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    WARNING: Contents may be Irish.
    <Bountiful> on Faeblight, 50 Mage Bahmi
    taking some time off in a galaxy far, far away.
    We're tiny but mighty! RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by Leiralei View Post
    In several of these I was still stealthed when I died. Mage hit inferno on me after I hit slip away successfully. Shouldn't have been targetable for it. None were aoe that could break stealth, it was all targeted.

And the boss coming after me across the room while stealthed after slip away was what? I was still in stealth, not popped out of it.

This isn't happening to anyone else?

Never happened before the hotfix, this many times since.
    inferno is instant hit which means he hit it on his client before you hit slip away on yours via lag, and since it is instant like slip away, it went off before the immunity and thus killed you (even though you were invisible on your screen) that is the woes of lag.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread