+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: So basically my new role in pvp wf's is 'eradicater'

Telaran

Default So basically my new role in pvp wf's is 'eradicater'

I must hide behind the mages and clerics so i don't get hit, i target the target's target and pew pew pew him with eradicate so the warrior or warlock can kill him, and i run and hide if anyone targets me

yep yep yep, that seems to be how I have become the most useful in the wf's at rank 8.

every now and then I'll try sin spec, but usually ...unless they are rank 1-3, I die before they do because they heal themselves....didn't used to be this way a few months back, what happened?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sydni View Post
    I must hide behind the mages and clerics so i don't get hit, i target the target's target and pew pew pew him with eradicate so the warrior or warlock can kill him, and i run and hide if anyone targets me

yep yep yep, that seems to be how I have become the most useful in the wf's at rank 8.

every now and then I'll try sin spec, but usually ...unless they are rank 1-3, I die before they do because they heal themselves....didn't used to be this way a few months back, what happened?
    Massive survivability buffs in 1.4, which heavily favored defensive classes and killed offensive classes.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

You are playing the class to its full PvP potential. Well done.

Plane Touched

Yes, that's YOUR role in WFs if that's all you're capable of doing correctly. Well played.

lol... my guildies like to duo que for WF's. Keeps the que time low and keeps us out of premade hell.

When I team with the P8 warrior it's like magic... made a macro

assist warriorname

Pew Pew Pew target dies.

Take a p8 warrior with the OMFG spec and eradicate their target. Just pretend each blue sparkly eradicate is hitting for 1k damage and you will have the time of your life!

My Rift Diary: Rift Diary

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by USSR View Post
    Yes, that's YOUR role in WFs if that's all you're capable of doing correctly. Well played.
    I play against you on Seastone, you'd know my in-game name. We both typically have winning records. We're both well geared. However, not every rogue is so well geared. In fact, if I didn't raid with my guild or reach rank 8, I can't imagine how hard it would be to do decent DPS in a warfront using T2 dungeon weapons.

Fact is, rogues are underpowered. If you have some awesome cleric-killing spec that doesn't rely on ridiculous cooldown usage, please share it. The best I can do is eradicate them, hope that IHNR is up, and hope I get a good Deaden on them during a big cast.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Metallica11 View Post
    I play against you on Seastone, you'd know my in-game name. We both typically have winning records. We're both well geared. However, not every rogue is so well geared. In fact, if I didn't raid with my guild or reach rank 8, I can't imagine how hard it would be to do decent DPS in a warfront using T2 dungeon weapons.

Fact is, rogues are underpowered. If you have some awesome cleric-killing spec that doesn't rely on ridiculous cooldown usage, please share it. The best I can do is eradicate them, hope that IHNR is up, and hope I get a good Deaden on them during a big cast.
    The best type of damage in PvP is burst, CDs give you burst. If DPS was better than burst you wouldnt be playing the builds with CDs in PvP. If you want your DPS to be the same as everyone elses all of the time and then also have burst CDs I think you are asking for to much.

As long as people get kills with their CDs I dont think there is a problem. Now if someone cant get kills even with their CDs they have more right to complain, but I would still balme the problem on the individual.

if you really wana be useful in a warfront go bard! You get to heal the raid, u get to buff up the raid, you get to mez people, and if your lucky, your raid will protect you from harm .

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    You are playing the class to its full PvP potential. Well done.
    Coming from a guy with 'Advanced Rogue Strategy' in his signature? Very confident sir.
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DanteND View Post
    if you really wana be useful in a warfront go bard! You get to heal the raid, u get to buff up the raid, you get to mez people, and if your lucky, your raid will protect you from harm .
    QFT. And if you spec with a healthy chunk of Riftstalker you get some nice CC and mobility. Really p1sses off those warrs as they run after you and can't dent you too much.
    Linkedin

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxer View Post
    QFT. And if you spec with a healthy chunk of Riftstalker you get some nice CC and mobility. Really p1sses off those warrs as they run after you and can't dent you too much.
    Right up until one MM eradicates GP right off of you, and then you die like every other squishy Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Right up until one MM eradicates GP right off of you, and then you die like every other squishy Rogue.
    Nope. Not if you run with your group. If you want to 1v1 faceroll MMs then Rogue ain't your spec. Port out of there, rebuff. Or Rift Cage him and port out to a caster or warr.

Basically, use your friggin brain. If you want an easybutton for PvP the I guess this isn't the game for you. Not gonna say 'lern2play' to you, you clearly are frustrated with the class and your points are not wrong. But I believe they are minor. MM eradicates just mean you need to get the hell away from that player or get him targeted.

Something I do is ask for assist in WFs. I mark, with high numbers, players are causing the healers and support classes alot of trouble (leaving low numbers for their primary healers). The basic rule is, if you're standing next to a number, fvck it up!

PS - If Guardian Phase is what you think you need to survive in Warfronts, you're sort of missing my playstyle. NOT getting hit is more my style. It's why bard motifs are ra n g e d .....
    Last edited by Jaxxer; 09-06-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    Linkedin

Shadowlander

I love bad rogues who say they can only be bards or eradicate bots. Honestly if you can't make the class work by the time your p8 then please just leave so we don't have to deal with the whining. There are several spec that work beautifully in pvp for rogues if your a competent player, such as a 38mm, 13nb, 15 inf build i use which does incredibly high dmg, or the new 28bd, 38nb, 0 inf spec which decimates in pvp and i usually top the KB and am usually in the top 3 dmg meters but please keep on *****ing so crap player like the op will finalyl stop playing and maybe we can get some real people with real skill in WF's.

Shield of Telara

Roll at least a 44NB/10INf, find a good warrior and assist them...

Welcome to the world of leading WF's in killing blows and damage done.

Tips will be accepted through paypal. kthxbai
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Metallica11 View Post

I drop clerics in MM by blowing CDs for sure. I drop them in Sin usually without having to blow CDs. I use CDs under the pretense that everyone else is blowing CDs on me. I don't even have Eradicate in my MM spec so it's IHNR and Barbed Shot because Clerics think bunny hopping make them heal better. Then it's just about watching them for a cast bar for deaden, then Anathema and if I have to blow Quick Reload then I will. Some Clerics are harder than others but I will almost eat them up in 51 sin.

So what's your in-game name?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast