+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.4 Raid DPS Builds

Default 1.4 Raid DPS Builds

Just coming back to RIFT after a month and a half hiatus, wondering if the raid DPS builds for rogue changed any with 1.4... ya I know everyone says play what you like (which I do in PvP and Experts), but I still like to at least know the typical builds cause I tend to get asked that by other rogues a lot.

Is it still:

Sozu Ranger for ranged DPS
    Sabdancer and Hoko 1-button and BD/***/NB for Melee DPS?

From what I've read and seen a bit of it seems the BD/***/NB spec isn't really used much anymore, (guessing the SO nerf killed that since it was reliant a lot on FB for dps). Was always wondering if there was an Assassin bleed spec with the changed to Impale, or a nightblade spec with the changes there, but haven't really heard or seen any in my quick research.

Thanks for any responses.

Banned

Sabdancer. If you aren't running it, you're kicked from groups.

Champion of Telara

Is it still:

Sozu Ranger for ranged DPS
    Sabdancer and Hoko 1-button and BD/***/NB for Melee DPS?
    Yes, more or less.

Sab/BD has a few minor changes since the SO nerf. RA/BD is still mostly 1-button, but you can 2-button the builders for a slight optimization. BD/AS/NB is rarely seen. It's actually not completely terrible in 1st floor HK due to F&D attunement and Shelter (there are a few mechanics you can cheese, and you survive the raid death damage better). But, it's far enough behind on the DPS that few run it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Sabdancer. If you aren't running it, you're kicked from groups.
    I am glad I don't play on your server. I have NEVER seen anyone kicked because they are not running a specific spec. especially a specific DPS spec. Now I have seen players kicked, but it was because of what the PLAYER said or did, NOT because of anything to do with the their character (spec, gear, calling, etc).

OP - Ranged (44 pt) Sab is also a viable raid dps spec primarily because of the ease with which it can deal with raid boss mechanics and still pull decent dps numbers. Yes SabDancer is better IF you can deal with the mechanics AND keep up with your rotation, but a lot of us (especially those of us that do not raid every day) cannot. We can actually pull better numbers using the 44pt Sab than we can using the SabDancer. That is why we say use the spec that is best for YOU. One size does NOT fit all. For SOME people SabDancer works better, for others Hoko works best, etc. There is more than one good raid dps spec. Find the one that works best for YOU and use it.

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by dbmoreland View Post
    I am glad I don't play on your server. I have NEVER seen anyone kicked because they are not running a specific spec. especially a specific DPS spec. Now I have seen players kicked, but it was because of what the PLAYER said or did, NOT because of anything to do with the their character (spec, gear, calling, etc).

OP - Ranged (44 pt) Sab is also a viable raid dps spec primarily because of the ease with which it can deal with raid boss mechanics and still pull decent dps numbers. Yes SabDancer is better IF you can deal with the mechanics AND keep up with your rotation, but a lot of us (especially those of us that do not raid every day) cannot. We can actually pull better numbers using the 44pt Sab than we can using the SabDancer. That is why we say use the spec that is best for YOU. One size does NOT fit all. For SOME people SabDancer works better, for others Hoko works best, etc. There is more than one good raid dps spec. Find the one that works best for YOU and use it.
    Me (A healer) leave a dungeon and wait 30min if I see a Rogue that isn't saboteur and put him on ignore. In long run it is is better since without the useless Rogue I can wait 30min, then do another dungeon and it is faster.

Damn was hoping the Impale change would see an Assassin main in raids, using Impale and FB in between but I guess not, always found assassin and NB the most fun spec, oh well, maybe next patch.

Also, @dbmoreland, I know that, I know what specs I can use well, I've even used non-main ones I came up with through testing that did equal dps but were just much harder on rotation to use, I just like to keep up with the "main" specs as, as I said, I get asked what are good rogue specs a lot (or use to) and it also helps me make my own specs for it as I can figure out why those specs are good and adapt to my liking then.

Knowing the top specs is always a good thing even if only so you can modify them to your own play style. They are usually the top specs for a reason.

+ Reply to Thread