+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My take on a ranger build.

Shadowlander

Default My take on a ranger build.

Hello there fellow rogues.

I have been asked now multiple times, that how is it possible i do 1k+ dps in half blue / half epic gear.

I have also been asked to post my spec / rotations on daily basis on forums by my fellow rogue mates.

Well, here it is for you everyone to see.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0AM0x0b.V0xMh

Rotation is basically really simple.

Single Target :

Keep Splinter shot on cooldown
    Dont let Shadow Fire buff to drop from you
    Keep Expose weakness on target
    Dont let Piercing Shot drop from your target
    Spam Quick Shot and 5 cb Head Shot like a champ.

Multi Target :

Always start with Shadow fire to get the buff from it.
    3x trick shiot, followed by head shot and then rain of arrows. Rain of arrows on cooldown, 2x trick shot and then again rain of arrows.

I'm not really good at making these guides and stuff, but i just wainted to help out the guys / girls who have been asking me how i do it.

You can contact me in-game if you like or if you have some questions. Nelana is my rogues name on a Riptalon shard. Tough i usually focus to playing so much, that most of the stuff i get asked or / told go mostly unnoticed

Lastly, have fun with the spec ! And i would like to get some feedback on how much dps you, with really good gear can push out of this spec. As previously mentioned, my gear is really crappy and i dinged 50 only 3 days ago. Hope you like it and most importantly, have fun with it !

Interesting idea, I've tooled with using nightblade that way as well but there always seem to be better options. I do like the hellfire blades idea.

Personally for ranger I parse higher with Sozu.

My advice:

Drop the pt. in master huntsman for imp. trick shot and alter your AoE rotation accordingly. Master huntsman isn't very good, period.

Expose weakness is a waste of a GCD in the rotation, the tooltip description is misleading, it adds a static amount of damage (320 over 20 procs, does not scale with anything) without building a combo point so imo that GCD is better spent elsewhere.

Drop at least 3pts from doubleshot for opportunity, if you do a break down on your parse doubleshot is just terrible, the dps contribution is meh.

I'm kind of meh on splinter shot myself, but I'm used to sozu which uses a different rotation overall.

edit - forgot to say, my focus is always on building cps rapidly for headshots, they hit fkin HARD with raid buffs running and such. I forget my record but I remember the guy parsing our GSB was like WTF, high hit - headshot - shazzam??
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 09-06-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Shadowlander

Thanks from the reply ^^

I agree that master huntsman is pretty bad and that it was just a filler to put randomly into the tree.

I haven't done much parsing myself, since i'm **** with computers and stuff i rather wait for something more simple addon or something. I did few today and best tries ended up hoovering 850-900 debending on rng wich tend to be pretty huge on my gear

Also, thanks from pointing out the expose weaknesses tooltip error / misslead. Good one ^^

I havent had much time to test out all the possibilities yet and figuring them out with all the grinding i have done past days, but now it's slowly starting to get better... After i get my 110% mount i can stop saving all my cash and start testing them all out.

Shadowlander

Made some slight adjustments on the build and this is the final product:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....0AM0x0b.V0xMh

Enjoy people, gl&hf ^^

Ascendant

Sozu has done a lot of work parsing with ranger builds, may also want to look there. Some little gems like crippling shot > quick shot etc. that most people wouldn't assume until they checked the parser.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Soulwalker

Nelana, thanks for sharing your spec, I'll give it a try ... I'm looking for a ranged PVP build/macro but I'm not being able to find one ... do you have experience on that?

Actually I'm playing with marksman mainly but I'm not being able to set up macro and skill rotation properly.
    Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time on posting this build.
    Regards.

Shadowlander

Hey there mate, i really dont have much experience from macros. I have every single skill i use just binded and i still got many free binds so havent had a need for macros yet. Also my experience from pvp as a ranger is a bit bad, other than hit someone few times and die, lol ^^

I did however pretty much level trough pvp, but it was all done as a bard since i really enjoyd playing it.

Also thanks from those guides, they explain stuff alot better than i do for sure

And lastly, i might have been bit biased with the guide too, but i got asked about it and so i tried to help out. My skills in english aint the best and i find it hard to find right words to describe what i mean with things

Have a nice day people ^^

Koe

Any use of EW is a DPS loss as it is a static 320 Damage while still using 1 GCD.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

+ Reply to Thread