+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Rogue tank wtf kick!

Telaran

Default Rogue tank wtf kick!

Ive been tanking on my rogue for the past few months and am at the point where i have all my t2 items and weps. Ive read tons of guides , have expirience in all of the dungeons but people in the end still HATE rogue tanks. Ive been kicked out of 8 of my 10 groups today before we even pull. The people would wait the full 9 minutes to kick me and say rogue tanks are terrible for t2 and cannot mitigate dmg like wars or clerics. (its not only today, it happens daily) Trion this is ridiculous not on the players part but on the rogue design. I do not blame these people because i know i cant take hits like the other classes. Its pretty depressing tbh.

reminds me of DKs in WoW. everyone wanted to tank as a DK, yet all DK tanks were terrible.

such is life.

Ascendant

And people wonder why there's a tank deficit.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up awesome

ok now lets not turn into the wow communty enough with the l2p stuff...i for one have great respect for someone thinking out of the box and trying to tank with a rogue good job bro. this is the kinda stuff that got me playing rift

again I will say this one again

To make Tanking more interesting, Please Give Tanks more UI tools to make it easier and less stresssful for us to manage group gameplay.

things like a aggro chart that also tells us who is being attacked and by who, would be great help to tanks, and help relieve stress.

also another thing, like the OP said , the Balance needs work from a mechanical point of view of the souls and callings.

Rift Disciple

Just to let you know rogue tanks take less damage then cleric or VK spec'ed tanks on physical damage once all our buffs are up. The cleric takes 2x the damage of the VK or rogue. But the cleric can heal more then 60% of that away themselves.

The problem is the 12 min global cool downs to get all our buffs up. Where as the VK and the cleric just go. Now other tanking specs are better at mitigation but a fair comparison is 51 VK as it is the only 51 tank spec.

Those numbers are with T1 raid gear on each tank type.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Korzald View Post
    Just to let you know rogue tanks take less damage then cleric or VK spec'ed tanks on physical damage once all our buffs are up. The cleric takes 2x the damage of the VK or rogue. But the cleric can heal more then 60% of that away themselves.

The problem is the 12 min global cool downs to get all our buffs up. Where as the VK and the cleric just go. Now other tanking specs are better at mitigation but a fair comparison is 51 VK as it is the only 51 tank spec.

Those numbers are with T1 raid gear on each tank type.
    wot?

I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Quote Originally Posted by truewisdom View Post
    ok now lets not turn into the wow communty enough with the l2p stuff.
    I see your account just started in September so I'll be polite and tell you: This is the WoW community. You didn't leave it behind by leaving that game. You just joined the people that had already gone.

Shadowlander

It's not just rogue tanks that need adjustments. I mean the rogue has no flexablity with the tanking build, it's 51 RS or nothing. The gear you get from tanking 5mans isn't good enuff to tank them. You're not suposed to get RoS/GSB gear so you can tank t2 5mans. Even with HK gear you can't off tank in HK.
    The suport class for rogues, Bard, scales ultra poorly with gear. You could be nakid and hold the same value to your raid group as long you can keep motiffs up so you know what means as the bard in a loot system that is a loot counsil ? yea thats right , last in line for gear. You wonder why people don't want to play the class and guilds are always looking for a new bard ? ^^
    pve dps is limited to 1 main spec (sabdancer) with maybe 1-2 alt specs depending on the fight and gear you have (none are valid w/o 13bd or 17 sin). lets be honest the sabdancer rotation sux compared to macro spaming, 1-2 button easy mode rotations other classes get.
    Saddly rogues in pvp have it even worse then rogue tanks in pve. you're either spaming purge or running flags or purge spaming cuz there is no point trying hit anything. Purging doesn't rack up favor like KB's do.
    Along with pvp, even after the nerf pvp gear is still out doing pve gear in raid settings

It just feels like the dev team for rogues went out of town after the release cuz they have failed making necessary adjustments to the class and have let rogues become the redheaded step child of Trion.

Ascendant

So many bads in this thread...

Rogues can tank expert dungeons and Tier 1 raids (with the exception of HK) easily. Not as easily as clerics or warriors, but they can do it. The gear you get from tanking T1s is good enough to tank T2s.

Please dont exagerate the problem.

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    So many bads in this thread...

Rogues can tank expert dungeons and Tier 1 raids (with the exception of HK) easily. Not as easily as clerics or warriors, but they can do it. The gear you get from tanking T1s is good enough to tank T2s.

Please dont exagerate the problem.
    This. I hear from people all the time that Rogue tanks sucks but really it's a case of people that can't multitask.
    Even free cost too much now

I love the aspect of Rogue tanks, and enjoy doing so when I get the chance, but our spike damage is ridiculous when our buffs drop between pulls. They need to normalize the buff timers across the board to 1 minute or over on each buff. Managing 20 second, 30 second, 60 second, 120 second buffs is not ideally fun.

Up the buff timers to make it easier between pulls imo, as well as all the other tweaks that are needed for Rogue tanks. ;)

just stupid players. which can't be fixed.

best get a guild (much much less stupidity in most cases).
    Last edited by Gray; 09-05-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    This. I hear from people all the time that Rogue tanks sucks but really it's a case of people that can't multitask.
    Dont take my message to mean that I think rogue tanks are fine. They aren't. They are horribly gimped compared to the other tanking souls. But they CAN do everything up to HK.

It's like making popcorn in a toaster though... you can do it, but why on earth would you?

Rogues can tank? Who told you that.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast