+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Paikis

Thread: You can make your Riftstalker the best tank in the game! (Bug included!)

Ascendant

Default You can make your Riftstalker the best tank in the game! (Bug included!)

OK guys, so I found a bug while I was playing my rogue last week. I wasn't going to tell anyone, but since I'm not playing my rogue anymore, I figured I should say something so it doesn't go unnoticed. It basically lets you become the best tank in the game, but you have to give up some of your teleports. Don't worry though, you can still teleport some things.

OK, so this bug takes a while to do, you have to start it about a week before you want to use it, so plan wisely!

OK, so this is how you do it. The best way is to get proof, so you can compare, and see that you are now heaps betetr once you're done. You want to go get a mob, or even a dummy will do. Swap to your Riftstalker spec and go use ALL your abilities on the mob/dummy. You want ALL your stuff going, phantom blow, false blade, even put up annihilation. Now take a screenshot of your stats while everything is running.

OK, next step is to LOG OUT. There's a button you can push on your character screen that will let you make a new character. Make one and make sure you make it a Bahmi or High Elven Warrior. This is important! It has to be a Bahmi or High Elf!

OK, now you have to complete this mini-game. It's a secret easter-egg that you get. It feels just like you're leveling a new character, but don't be fooled! It's a secret easter-egg that not many people know about. It takes a while to finish the mini-game. Maybe a week if you're pro like me. Once you finish with the minigame, theres a few more steps.

You have to have a friend (or just shout in 50 chat) that can make armor, weapons and jewelery. You need to get those guys (or your alts) to make you some items for this quest. It's tricky though, the items you want all have 'Stalwart' in their names somewhere. See? Hidden items for the quest! Once you have the items in your bags, right click them! A pop-up will appear asking if you're sure. Click yes and the items disappear! But don't worry, its all part of the quest. Also you should go buy some rings and stuff from the auction house.

The last step in the quest is a bit tricky. There's a guy in Meridian (and I heard the same guy is in Sanctum too) that has warrior trainer under his name. You go talk to him and pick 'reset my souls'. Then you have to ask him to buy some things. You might already have some of them, but the ones you don't have, you have to buy from him. You need the Voidknight, Paladin and Warlord. They wont show up in your bags either! Funny how these quest items keep disappearing huh? Don't worry, it's all part of how you do this bug.

The next step is hard. You have to press 'n' and it brings up the console. You'll see a screen with 3 buttons in the middle. Click on those and select the 3 items you just bought (Voidknight, paladin and warlord). then you'll get a whole bunch of buttons to click. THIS IS THE HARD PART! It's like entering a code.

Click on all the button on the voidknight. ONLY ONCE THOUGH!
    Then you want to go and click on the 'DEFENDER' button on the paladin item 5 times.
    After that, click on all the Voidnight buttons once again ONLY ONCE AND YOU MUST CLICK ALL OF THEM. even the ones that don't do anything.
    Then you get the shield button and click 3 times on the bottom left one on the paladin item. It looks like shield.
    After that you move to the Warlord item, and click the castle 5 times and the red one on the second line once.
    Then you have to go click all the voidknight ones 3 more times ALL OF THEM EVEN THE ONES THAT DONT LOOK LIKE THEY DO ANYTHING.

Now you go to your character select screen and CHECK OUT THAT ARMOR!! And now YOU CAN BLOCK! And they gave you a SHIELD!!!

There you go, now you've done the bug and you're the best tank in the game. I think you can do more on this, and its a bit funky how they wont give you your Riftstalker name back at the end. I heard there's even more options though. Like you can do another bug where you get to be the best DPS as well!

Best bug I ever found.
    Last edited by Paikis; 09-05-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Telaran

I wonder how long you sat here typing this before you realized the joke was not worth the effort involved...

Ascendant

Ah but it amused me, and really thats all I care about.

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

its sad that this is true

I tried the same thing with rogue DPS it's amazing
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I tried the same thing with rogue DPS it's amazing
    Yeah but you have to put in a different code, and buy different quest items.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Yeah but you have to put in a different code, and buy different quest items.
    The results are amazing though, it reduces the number of fingers required to play the game to 2.
    ~Quiescent

Wow!!!Will try it later today.
    I was thinking to try a same bug for weeks now.
    And i think it is legal too!

I feel sad for my fellow rogues.

The results are amazing though, it reduces the number of fingers required to play the game to 2.
    Lobster boys rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    I feel sad for my fellow rogues.
    I feel sad for new players that roll rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthys View Post
    I feel sad for new players that roll rogues.
    Leveling my warrior alt I found so many rogues who were vocal about how good they were. I was like "Just wait.." :cryingface:
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Leveling my warrior alt I found so many rogues who were vocal about how good they were. I was like "Just wait.." :cryingface:
    It's funny, but I saw the same thing. I just didn't ahve the heart to tell them that their fun class was going to turn into a pile of mouldy newspaper at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    It's funny, but I saw the same thing. I just didn't ahve the heart to tell them that their fun class was going to turn into a pile of mouldy newspaper at 50.
    I'll always say rogues are the most fun class to level. I think that's why there's so many of them at endgame. It's too bad endgame is proportionately bad for how fun it was to level a rogue.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread