+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Rogue changes

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    188

    Default New Rogue changes

    anyone know when thats suppose to happen? or atleast when the first round of changes for testing will be announced?

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    My guess is the night before 1.5 goes live.

    Seriously

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Dagurasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    221

    Default

    The only things that have been revealed are the Chronicles, the PA system, and Warfront Accolades. I don't expect 1.5 to roll out for another 6-8 weeks(The week before Halloween should they decide to do an event for that). Combined with the time they've had since 1.4 rolled out, another 6-8 weeks should be plenty of time to come up with/finalize some changes and get feedback on them.
    Last edited by Dagurasu; 09-05-2011 at 07:10 PM.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    End of September is what I've read. IMHO, they should be working on Rogues through Hot Fixes rather than waiting.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    End of September is what I've read. IMHO, they should be working on Rogues through Hot Fixes rather than waiting.
    End of september? So another torturing month to go? Trion better bring rogues some really good changes...

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    167

    Default

    I read about a bug that pets only use abilities to attack and not auto attacking. I thought my Ranger's pets weren't doing that but tonight I was testing its damage and both Razor and Dire Wolf only deal damage with abilities. They have no auto attack??

    No wonder damage is that low.

    This sucks because I am going for full Ranger build and my pets are so gimped that it's not even funny any more.

    I am lvl 22 fighting a lvl 13 and it took Razor over 5minutes to kill it. I wonder why bother doing damage at all at this rate? LOL And I took all the abilities that can increase its damage.
    Last edited by Jibikaorift; 09-05-2011 at 07:50 PM.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jibikaorift View Post
    I read about a bug that pets only use abilities to attack and not auto attacking. I thought my Ranger's pets weren't doing that but tonight I was testing its damage and both Razor and Dire Wolf only deal damage with abilities. They have no auto attack??

    No wonder damage is that low.

    This sucks because I am going for full Ranger build and my pets are so gimped that it's not even funny any more.

    I am lvl 22 fighting a lvl 13 and it took Razor over 5minutes to kill it. I wonder why bother doing damage at all at this rate? LOL And I took all the abilities that can increase its damage.
    Unlike other pets in the game, Ranger's pets don't scale with the player at all. It makes no sense, but that's the way it is currently.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    slip away is getting removed and dmg slightly buffed

  9. #9
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    slip away is getting removed and dmg slightly buffed
    It's a dream come true
    ~Quiescent

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Devious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Well if it ain't before my sub dries up, I certainly will not be returning. Changes or no changes. Ticks off in about 25 days, and I'm no expecting the changes in time. Gave them 3 months the first time, went ok but changes were seriously needed, including something more than zerg/grind pvp with no structure/goals beyond ****ing around, gave them another 3 to see if it would come and tbh it was a waste of 3 months.
    Split - Rogue Tank - Purge to Win
    GSB - 5/5 / RoS - 4/4 / HK - 11/11

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Unlike other pets in the game, Ranger's pets don't scale with the player at all. It makes no sense, but that's the way it is currently.
    What about other pets under Beast Master, Druid, Necro and Elementalists? Are they better?

    If pets don't scale with Ranger's equipment, then how do they fight against R8 at lvl 50? When equipment gets better, pets get a lot worse?

    This is very annoying to me because I always start a game with a summoner-type of class. This game's pet has one of the best pathing I've seen and pet's reaction is very good too. The only thing that is lacking is damage. I mean I played WoW's Ranger beastmaster build and the pet can at least contribute 30-40% of my dps. The current Rift Ranger pet contributes to like 2% of my total dps.

    At lvl 22 and full Ranger build, Razor does 40-50 damage every 4 freaking seconds?!!! It has no auto attack (is it supposed to have?).

    I just bought the game 3 days ago. I am not sure if pets are supposed to be like this. What about the caster-type of pets under Necro? Is that one better?

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    This game has so much AoE damage even if pets did decent dmg they would be a waste in any kind of PvP environment other then 1v1's. You'd spend half the WF summoning your pet unless you just send them at a healer int he back line to be annoying like Warlocks do. Which really all that accomplishes is giving the other teams Bards something to cast cadence on.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jibikaorift View Post
    What about other pets under Beast Master, Druid, Necro and Elementalists? Are they better?

    If pets don't scale with Ranger's equipment, then how do they fight against R8 at lvl 50? When equipment gets better, pets get a lot worse?

    This is very annoying to me because I always start a game with a summoner-type of class. This game's pet has one of the best pathing I've seen and pet's reaction is very good too. The only thing that is lacking is damage. I mean I played WoW's Ranger beastmaster build and the pet can at least contribute 30-40% of my dps. The current Rift Ranger pet contributes to like 2% of my total dps.

    At lvl 22 and full Ranger build, Razor does 40-50 damage every 4 freaking seconds?!!! It has no auto attack (is it supposed to have?).

    I just bought the game 3 days ago. I am not sure if pets are supposed to be like this. What about the caster-type of pets under Necro? Is that one better?
    At the moment, auto attack on pets is broken as well. Not sure if it is just ranger or all...this part is a bug. That being said, all the other pets are better. The most useful thing about them is that they buff the rangers damage.

  14. #14
    Sword of Telara Zahne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    895

    Default

    They were happy with Warriors and you saw what happened. Now imagine what's in store for you when they aren't happy.

    You'll probably be smacked senseless with the nerf bat.

  15. #15
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    884

    Default

    I'd expect an announcement of Rogue updates this week or next week.

    1.5 to release before October.


    Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts