+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to kill a Rogue?

Prophet of Telara

Default How to kill a Rogue?

Do you see any threads asking the question in the other class sections?

How to kill a Chloro/Lock? Check

How to kill a Duracel? Check

How to kill a RB whatever? Check

How to kill a Rogue anything? Don't see it.
    Last edited by -Beck-; 09-05-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Ascendant

It's really easy. You just run them out of hitpoints.

Oh wait... this is one of those 'ironic' threads isn't it?
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Prophet of Telara

Yeah it is.

I was just lurking the other sections and thought to myself "Self... why doesn't anybody fear the rogue?"

Self didn't answer so I asked another question thinking maybe he didn't hear me. I asked "Self... why does nobody seem concerned with how to kill (insert rogue spec here) like all the other classes?"

Still no answer. So I concluded that "Self" must be the rogue lead.

My R1 warrior can kill any type of rogue very easily, it's quite funny.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by -Beck- View Post
    Yeah it is.

I was just lurking the other sections and thought to myself "Self... why doesn't anybody fear the rogue?"

Self didn't answer so I asked another question thinking maybe he didn't hear me. I asked "Self... why does nobody seem concerned with how to kill (insert rogue spec here) like all the other classes?"

Still no answer. So I concluded that "Self" must be the rogue lead.
    This self guy seems like a bit of a punk honestly. I tried talking to him the other day. I was like 'self, what should we have for lunch'... he didn't answer me either. I had fish and chips for lunch. No idea what self had though... he wouldn't tell me.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

There is a Poison Bottle in the sin tree that you can spec into, it basicly self-kill if you keep spamming at 5 stacks.

The better question would be "How DON'T you kill a rogue?"
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

There's not a "How to kill a Riftstalker runner" but there's a few "RIFTSTALKER RUNNING OP"!

As for whether it's OP or not, eh I dunno. With the horrible state of Rogue at the moment I'm not entirely convinced that giving us nuclear weaponry would be overpowered.

My R1 warrior can kill any type of rogue very easily, it's quite funny.
    Well that's an exaggeration >:\ there are ways of killing Warriors but they're not cost-effective from the Rogue's perspective, and require the Rogue to outplay the Warrior typically by a large margin.
    Last edited by Raen Ryong; 09-05-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    There's not a "How to kill a Riftstalker runner" but there's a few "RIFTSTALKER RUNNING OP"!

Actually, I have a 7 or something page thread up in the PvP forums dedicated to how to kill RS runners.
    ~Quiescent

I said it before and I'll say it again, Rogues need to do to mana bars what Warriors do to Rogues.

Changes I think Rogues need:

Assassin:

Change the weapon buffs/poison so they do the following:

1) Snare the target for 70% -not effected by Diminishing Returns
    2) Healing Reduction Poison

Moreover; change Assassin damage focus from physical bleeds to elemental.

Assassin need to have skills that increase movement speed, reduce stun/fear duration and increase all healing received.

You might as well throw the baby out with the bath water! Warriors and Mages have it and Clerics are Gd mode! Why not Rogues?

1. Provoke rogue to come out of stealth.
    2. Attack rogue.
    3. Force rogue to jump of a cliff and die(He prefer that, than be killed by you)
    4. Loot.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again, Rogues need to do to mana bars what Warriors do to Rogues.

Changes I think Rogues need:

Assassin:

Change the weapon buffs/poison so they do the following:

1) Snare the target for 70% -not effected by Diminishing Returns
    2) Healing Reduction Poison

Moreover; change Assassin damage focus from physical bleeds to elemental.

Assassin need to have skills that increase movement speed, reduce stun/fear duration and increase all healing received.

You might as well throw the baby out with the bath water! Warriors and Mages have it and Clerics are Gd mode! Why not Rogues?
    I'de keep it physical damage, the class's lore is based on that, all that needs to happen to make it up to 'elemental dmg' standard is a general buff to damage. i agree though about the point that rogues need to beat warriors, not in streight up DPS but debuffs. It'd be an interesting way to play if you had a few off GCD (0-5 energy costing) abilities that reduced the dmg of their next attack or made your next hit auto crit or just general endurance debuffs for each assassin dot on the guy... those are just a few off the top of my head but i hope you get the idea
    Last edited by garethh; 09-05-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    I'de keep it physical damage, the class's lore is based on that, all that needs to happen to make it up to 'elemental dmg' standard is a general buff to damage. i agree though about the point that rogues need to beat warriors, not in streight up DPS but debuffs. It'd be an interesting way to play if you had a few off GCD (0-5 energy costing) abilities that reduced the dmg of their next attack or made your next hit auto crit or just general endurance debuffs for each assassin dot on the guy... those are just a few off the top of my head but i hope you get the idea
    In that case give Assassin loads more Armor Penetration but I still think snare poison off diminishing is needed.

Also give Assassin cool downs other than slip away -not instead just more- stun is nice but they need more like healing debuff/armor reduction.

Or simply buff the poison that heals them and give them a kick -as in interrupt.

* Talent that increases all healing received and movement speed.
    * After all CC's snare the target for 70% speed for 8 sec after it breaks.
    * The 3/3 Talent that buffs poison damage buffed and also allows for 100% chance to apply ALL poisons.
    * A talent on CD that guarantees 100% crit for next ability used.
    * All abilities that generate combo points when they crit they add another combo point
    * Give Assassin a talent 2/2 or 3/3 that reduces all damage taken by xx%
    * After breaking stealth ability costs are reduced by xx% for xxsec

Last but not least the Assassin needs a way to up the damage lost after 15sec have gone out of stealth.

+ Reply to Thread