+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: October 3rd - OP rogue build

Shadowlander

Default October 3rd - OP rogue build

I have decided to cancel subs - why - because i realised I come here looking many nights for a build that will make Rogue fun to play. I am annoyed with myself for not been a cleric - warrior or mage. I understand we had some great builds but they have all been nerfed. - I am a CD player - unable to kill many players and yet I am a rogue. I read this when i decided to play one from trions website
    "Gameplay
    Rogues are most at home skulking around the edges of battle, waiting for the perfect moment to strike with overwhelming force and minimal chance of counterstrike. They excel at tasks requiring a quick mind and quicker blade, such as dueling, scouting, and assassination. Not all Rogues live in the shadows. Many are simply loners, at home on the edges of society, mastering the arts of hunting and animal husbandry to survive.

An expert at hit-and-run tactics, a Rogue relies on quick bursts of energy to fuel dazzling combination attacks that cripple and maim, leaving opponents open for lethal finishing maneuvers."
    I now have a class either NB deep where I can unleash alot of dps and then ... nothing - change soul - MM then burst dps then nothing - Change soul - etc etc etc.
    I relised the only reason why I have kept with rogue is as I have spend so much time here on a search for that build that will make it play like the other classes. Guys take some advice - IT DOES NOT EXIST.
    I ask you to join me in the quest for a better game for combat pvp. why let trion say they will fix it next patch - it should have never got to this state.

I am 3 bars short of rank 8 speak with many rank 8 rogue and there is nothing end game in pvp for us. so all the flag runner builds and bard pve rogues. I bid you farewell and hope you the best in the following game to come. Battlefield 3 - SWOTR - Diablo 3.

Prophet of Telara

I canceled mine today. 28 days left. MIght go monthly when it's up

Quote Originally Posted by Critter Bloodiron View Post
    I have decided to cancel subs - why - because i realised I come here looking many nights for a build that will make Rogue fun to play. I am annoyed with myself for not been a cleric - warrior or mage. I understand we had some great builds but they have all been nerfed. - I am a CD player - unable to kill many players and yet I am a rogue. I read this when i decided to play one from trions website
    "Gameplay
    Rogues are most at home skulking around the edges of battle, waiting for the perfect moment to strike with overwhelming force and minimal chance of counterstrike. They excel at tasks requiring a quick mind and quicker blade, such as dueling, scouting, and assassination. Not all Rogues live in the shadows. Many are simply loners, at home on the edges of society, mastering the arts of hunting and animal husbandry to survive.

An expert at hit-and-run tactics, a Rogue relies on quick bursts of energy to fuel dazzling combination attacks that cripple and maim, leaving opponents open for lethal finishing maneuvers."
    I now have a class either NB deep where I can unleash alot of dps and then ... nothing - change soul - MM then burst dps then nothing - Change soul - etc etc etc.
    I relised the only reason why I have kept with rogue is as I have spend so much time here on a search for that build that will make it play like the other classes. Guys take some advice - IT DOES NOT EXIST.
    I ask you to join me in the quest for a better game for combat pvp. why let trion say they will fix it next patch - it should have never got to this state.

I am 3 bars short of rank 8 speak with many rank 8 rogue and there is nothing end game in pvp for us. so all the flag runner builds and bard pve rogues. I bid you farewell and hope you the best in the following game to come. Battlefield 3 - SWOTR - Diablo 3.
    im pretty much in the same boat but have not been able to find any good games out there.. even tried DC Universe online which is HORRIBLE imho.. but since I'm an MMO addict and I already have 3 50's I figured might as well go for a mage so I can experience each class and since 1-49 PVP is actually a lot of fun why not level one of each class. Hoping star wars or something else comes out to peak my interest once my mage hits 50...
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by -Beck- View Post
    I canceled mine today. 28 days left. MIght go monthly when it's up
    Sorry to hear that Beck - I know alot of people giving up on trion totally due to lack of end game and pvp balance - the rogues know this better than any other class.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    im pretty much in the same boat but have not been able to find any good games out there.. even tried DC Universe online which is HORRIBLE imho.. but since I'm an MMO addict and I already have 3 50's I figured might as well go for a mage so I can experience each class and since 1-49 PVP is actually a lot of fun why not level one of each class. Hoping star wars or something else comes out to peak my interest once my mage hits 50...
    I even dl AOC again to see the blood and guts ( and ****) I dont think ill play it much but it is good to wonder around and i had 2 lvl 80s on there. soon Star wars will arrive and it will have my attention. but from what I have seen with Trions feedback and system - they are not in any interest to fix rogues anytime soon.

I even dl AOC again to see the blood and guts ( and ****) I dont think ill play it much but it is good to wonder around and i had 2 lvl 80s on there. soon Star wars will arrive and it will have my attention. but from what I have seen with Trions feedback and system - they are not in any interest to fix rogues anytime soon.
    i played AoC awhile back just couldn't stand the animations and fight mechanics just wasn't very fun to me.. also tried to get back into Aion but it isn't much different from when I played it over a year ago.. was hoping something would come of final fantasy XIV although it did get a new developer things are just moving to slow
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Prophet of Telara

I still have AoC installed. I sometimes log in to start some AA timers.

Maybe I'll try that again for a bit. Prepaid for a long while still.
    Last edited by -Beck-; 09-05-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    hah ya i've actually been running a rogue threw the tiers again, its pretty fun not gonna lie, then i am just planning on canceling after i hit mid 40s or so and go out in a blaze of glory (aka a few hundred aoe healing potions, soul shards and maybe a small little premade to tie it all together ;) ) before i just leave..

Shadowlander

I am actually playing 51 ranger in hope I find some crazy loophole killing spee rogue mode....

Shadowlander

August 31st was the end of my subscription.

I keep checking back, I like RIFT, but, the endgame and lack of PVE builds for the rogue has killed it for me.

There are no guilds, nobody raids, nobody does daily RRs... que times are insane. This game is on it's last leg sadly..

Im currently Rank 8 with full PvP gear with my rogue.
    I Saw the changes in valor, Trion giving away more 'free' prestige/ranks/gear to people.
    I also saw a guildie go from R1-R6 in 1,5 week's time, In the older days that was not viable in any way.
    Plus when i go into warfronts i dont feel useful if i dont do Eradibot/Bard'Riftstalker/Runner spec etc etc
    Give us back some fun in our game, 44NB,38MM,51SN, just dont cut it at the current status.
    Sure i can kill warrior's even mages with my 44NB build if i pop ALL my cooldown's but i feel the rogue should
    be able to play freely without a mass CD spec like most of them are now..
    Sure rogues are great for solo ganking in 'world' pvp but in a group they are super limited
    As the content is it does not provide me with a motivation to do something.
    Sure. AA will come out soon, More grinding? For what? To give it away for free in 2-3 patches?
    Much like Favor+Prestige the last 2 patches?
    I'll wait to see what will happen in 1,5...

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Artemiz58 View Post
    August 31st was the end of my subscription.

I keep checking back, I like RIFT, but, the endgame and lack of PVE builds for the rogue has killed it for me.

There are no guilds, nobody raids, nobody does daily RRs... que times are insane. This game is on it's last leg sadly..
    You are a Rogue. Guilds don't need 2 bards. Sad true.

RR were a good idea but fail from what drops. Why get 20 people to do one when what you can get isn't even T1. Turn up the action a bit and give dungeon tokens too. Make gear drop that's starter Raid gear. You are doing a Raid for God sake. When you are done doing RRs you should be geared for Raids not geared to start T1s.

You are on a bad battle group. I have almost no Q time. But I'm a rogue so it will ne matter. I'm murdered by just about any class or build.

Rogues don't need a lot of work. The frame work is there. They just need to turn the buttons a bit. Are they scared rogues will be over powered?

Seems a few Devs play Warriors because they are top DPS and top Tanks. And as Trion has stated, "warriors are where we think they should be."

That must mean top DPS and Tanks which leaves everyone in the dust. Must be nice to be a Dev so you can make the toon you play God like. And sadly think it's fine.

Ascendant

holy crap, i had to make sure that I wasn't the original author of this post!

yea I honestly cannot understand why people are so against assassins being a quick get in get out overwhelming "wtf just hit me" kill

i'm pretty upset that I'm rank 8 and cannot play. I have no desire to log in because I stand absolutely no chance at killing players even 1v1. Trion has made fixing rogues a low priority below implementing more grind systems like AA and more pve content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

I play hon all day, and would rather be playing it than logging in to raid. Im basically kept at this point because of friends I play with.

Finishing my prestige 8 grind got 50k more to go then never logging on except to do dailies and wait for 1.5 if nothing happens then I might unsub as well.
    http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6849/senokasigzl1.jpg
    Senoko - R50 Rogue, Greybriar - Guardian
    Subscribe/Watch my vids! - http://www.youtube.com/user/iTzSenoko
    Check out my livestream! http://www.twitch.tv/Senoko
    Latest PvP video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_AV7xpAFSg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast