+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By -Beck-

Thread: lvl 49-50 what exactly happens??

  1. #1
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    576

    Default lvl 49-50 what exactly happens??

    from the early tiers to lvl 49 rogues are fine, i played mine had a complete and total blast, i was rockin' a omnipotent melee dps build (no sin in it too ;D) that i could do fantastic things with.. if i was on top of my game of cource. I was even out dps-ing those good old, warrior, para champ builds a good deal of the time with the piles dps i could squeeze out of the toon.

    Then i hit lvl 50.

    This isn't a QQ thread, i feel the need to point this out or else I'm sure people would start screaming 'bad rogues gonna be bad rogues' and I don't want to spend the majority of this thread justifying my skill threw piles of screenshots. I am only curious what happened in the background as the game shifted from lvl 49-50 to make rogue melee dps so obsolete in the tier.
    Last edited by garethh; 09-02-2011 at 11:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    576

    Default

    anyone have an idea??

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    people have better weapons

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    If we could ever capture that mythical creature they call the "Rogue Dev" we might get a meaningful answer and maybe a solution.

    Or you're just one of the many bad rogues that plague the class. Which no other class seems to have a problem with being so full of bad players. Just a strange coincidence and nothing to do with the class.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hey there. A couple things changed.
    - You went from people have little to no valor to a majority having 250+ valor.
    - Your grear sucks hard core vs high rank gear
    - Your weapon DPS is not nearly as high as high rank weapons

    The newest patch should help with this once you hit Rank2.

    Rogues are great up to 49. Once they hit 50 though, something is missing in our DPS. I dont think we should be a walking death machine, but in end game we do need a bit of a boost in some spec lines IMO. In end game you need to find a spec that fits your playstyle and become an expert at it. There is no ONE spec that you can just button mash and own everyone.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Zenora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    from the early tiers to lvl 49 rogues are fine, i played mine had a complete and total blast, i was rockin' a omnipotent melee dps build (no sin in it too ;D) that i could do fantastic things with.. if i was on top of my game of cource. I was even out dps-ing those good old, warrior, para champ builds a good deal of the time with the piles dps i could squeeze out of the toon.

    Then i hit lvl 50.

    This isn't a QQ thread, i feel the need to point this out or else I'm sure people would start screaming 'bad rogues gonna be bad rogues' and I don't want to spend the majority of this thread justifying my skill threw piles of screenshots. I am only curious what happened in the background as the game shifted from lvl 49-50 to make rogue melee dps so obsolete in the tier.
    Poor itemization and bad tree design. 90% or more of all valuable dps moves are within the first 20-32 points of every tree depending on the class. After that most points are just a total waste. Secondly most of these moves fail to scale well, which is the biggest plague of the NB class.

  7. #7
    Telaran Ritual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Gear happens, but more than that every other class seems to have more potent synergys that seem to get stronger with gear.

    at R8 you have probly a few specs that will make you decent

    Ganks: Sin
    WF: MM, NB, Bard for support but you'll always be 2nd banana with all of this unless you are just ******edly good but you'd probly be a god with a Warrior if you are that off the chain with Rogues.

    I've seen some people try different stuff and I've tried different stuff but things that dont really work PvP wise are Riftstalker, Bladedancer, Sabo, and Ranger
    Yes I know stone runner but really who wants to be a ghetto celebrity?

    Infiltrator is just in a class of its own on suckage. Its good for 15 points in one line and thats it. Theft of thought should be a 2000 mana taken off or its stupid. If you didnt kill that blue bar within 15 combo points you wont kill them. 5 point timer on Ignore pain? Ambush is the most garbage skill to ever grace PvP.
    Last edited by Ritual; 09-03-2011 at 10:55 AM.

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjingles View Post
    Hey there. A couple things changed.
    - You went from people have little to no valor to a majority having 250+ valor.
    - Your grear sucks hard core vs high rank gear
    - Your weapon DPS is not nearly as high as high rank weapons

    The newest patch should help with this once you hit Rank2.

    Rogues are great up to 49. Once they hit 50 though, something is missing in our DPS. I dont think we should be a walking death machine, but in end game we do need a bit of a boost in some spec lines IMO. In end game you need to find a spec that fits your playstyle and become an expert at it. There is no ONE spec that you can just button mash and own everyone.
    I never button mashed owned anyone and i was perfectly fine with that. i played a NB/BD/sab, that fit my play style from 25-49. most of my playing revolved around short CDs and well time sab-spikes.. the spec worked in every tier, I could kill people, it just was conditional (it depended on wich CDs i had up, do i have time to prep charges, can i dark containment one, how good are their dps, heals exc exc.) not a 1 button mash-> kill fest and i never expected it to be one.

    So valor?? I'de assume that the nerf to damage was global so it wouldn't specifically work against rogues. I know that there is a gear gap and i never reached the top but i got into an exquisite PvP guild and only one of the players ive seen is a rogue dps.. and a MM at that.. do other dps souls just scale better than rogue melee dps at 50 or is it more the change in game style at 50?? because the while i played WFs were farrrrrr more concentrated (zerg-like) fighting

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
    Gear happens, but more than that every other class seems to have more potent synergys that seem to get stronger with gear.

    Infiltrator is just in a class of its own on suckage. Its good for 15 points in one line and thats it. Theft of thought should be a 2000 mana taken off or its stupid. If you didnt kill that blue bar within 15 combo points you wont kill them. 5 point timer on Ignore pain? Ambush is the most garbage skill to ever grace PvP.
    hmmm interesting, the gear part that is, is there anyway to confirm that or is just what you've seen?? (just curios if you know that from experience or tests)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
    Infiltrator is just in a class of its own on suckage. Its good for 15 points in one line and thats it. Theft of thought should be a 2000 mana taken off or its stupid. If you didnt kill that blue bar within 15 combo points you wont kill them. 5 point timer on Ignore pain? Ambush is the most garbage skill to ever grace PvP.
    infiltrator, is trash but so is the cleric tree (or so i have heard) and their specs seem to do just fine still.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Problem is scaling. Rogues scale poorly compared to other classes and when you mix valor I to it get hit a bit harder.

    And to the people who say just bad players play rogue, that's just stupid. Bad players plague every class and so do good players but to think the majority of people playing the class are bad because only those players pick rogue is absurd. At what point do you say "hey they might need some tuning and a boost?" the other classes need to get off their high horse and Trion saying they are going to bring rogues to the level of the other 3 classes means it's not that rogues are bad but there is an actual problem that needs to be addressed.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts