+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Name me an OP warrior please.

Rift Disciple

Default Name me an OP warrior please.

Go on.. I bet you can.. in fact I bet you could name many a warrior in WFs.. of course just about any warrior is tricky. But I can name you quite a few ridiculously op warriors who are unkillable yet have absorb kbs. Did a ws the other day.. fella comes in late and gets 47 kb. Nice.

Now do the same for clerics.. again I bet you can instantly name 2-3-4 unkillable clerics And when I say unkillable I mean running away with 5 of you beating on him yet he's never ever going to die. Plus you know when you go into a wf - you look at the board and know x,y,z clerics are going to top the dps. And not by a smidgen - they will do 5x your dps and you come top of rogue dps.

Now try it with mages.. I bet certain names instantly spring to mind as killing machines. You pop on them as they are solo and get them to 40% before they fight back.. yet when you die they are still 40%!!! You'll then have a look through your combat log convinced they've one shot you.

Now try it with rogues............................................ .................................................. .............................................. None. There's not a rogue out there I am sightly concerned about. Yes I know a few names purely as I am r7 and do a lot of pvp. But scared of? WF changing dps.. kb machine? Nope. I am not saying this as I think I am some sort of pvp God it's just rogues are annoying.. not scarey. Yes one may stun lock you when break free is down.

And what amazes me is the (so called) rogues who come on here and brag about destroying all before them.. about rogues being fine.. about how we all need to l2p.. well unless you are on a different shard to me I have NEVER seen you. That or you are a warrior/cleric/mage trolling.

I open world pvp with 3x warriors.. 2x clerics.. 1x mage and this has never EVER happened .. vent "guys there's <insert rogues name> all target him he HAS to die first".

Please Trion buff us.. not by a little... not by a lot.. by an obscene amount.. by the amount that warriors have over us now... I want to faceroll easily... i want them to shout in vent "Kill that rogue first or we're gonna lose"

No rogues come to mind for me... if you ever see an R8 mage named Day run... the guy is insane
    Last edited by sanosuke; 09-02-2011 at 04:08 AM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

once upon a time our names were feared... back in 1.0 when we could 1 shot people. i used to get focus targeted like crazy, this was back before anyone was over rank 3 and the pvp gear sucked, 1 shotting was super easy and repeatable to just about anyone, our gcd was faster than everyone elses so we could load charges faster than they could cleanse them, once upon a time we were feared... 1.1 killed us, 1.2 sustained the kill, 1.3 gave us some options, 1.4 killed us again.

trion why are you beating the dead horse? just delete the class already...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

All rogues ARE OP and killable.
    Aaaah wait wa..?
    Unkillable?
    El Oh El!!!!!!!

Prophet of Telara

The assessment is correct - I fear no enemy Rogue. The worst thing I worry about an enemy Rogue doing to my team is running away with our shard. If I see the name of a good runner, I immediately go MM so I can keep GP off of him and ensure he dies. Yep, that's right...the thing we are best at can be instantly nullified by one other person...

Rift Disciple

Couldn't name a rogue...I just lost a dollar...to myself

Ascendant

the only rogues that make you go "oh crap" are the really good runners right now
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    the only rogues that make you go "oh crap" are the really good runners right now
    I guess we'll have to wait until 1.5 to see how they're going to "lessen reliance on slip away". Since they said there were going to "look at rogues". Fingers crossed!

Plane Touched

I won't hold my breath for a Hugh rogue buff.
    All the previous minor buffs always seem to be negated by additional pvp changes .
    In this case I bet now even rank 1 and 2 clerics and chloro locks Dom locks are kicking out r6 rogue's butts . Every other mmo's the name Rogue was a thing to be feared . In Rift we just get lol or pity from other classes.
    I play a pure sin. Depending on changes in 1.5
    If the name Assassin don't strike fear in others I will start looking for other games with a deserving Sin class and the
    fear it's name carries.
    Last edited by Stabsalot; 09-02-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Ascendant

we could be a decent class if we could put like 20 points into all of our souls. everything remotely useful/powerful is spread so thin between our specs. i was speccing out a cab spec for my cleric and that soul was just talent point after talent point of "ooo awesome, gotta grab that" until i had 51 points spent in cab. not sure what the cookie cutter cab spec actually is, but I want a soul that doesn't feel like a ton of wasted points to unlock a root ability lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Plane Touched

The real issue is even if we do get a buff, they are going to take it away from us pretty quickly because people will start crying that we're actually an equal class in terms of dps. Since many of us rogues have pvp'd all the way up to rank 8 with sub par burst damage compared to other classes, when we do get a buff we're going to really shine and everyone is going to complain about it
    Last edited by saos; 09-02-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Pru

If warriors, clerics and mages are all "overpowered" doesn't that mean they are mostly balanced and rogues are underpowered? I really feel for the rogue class. As a warrior only high assassin rogues and very very good mm rogues even bother me. I've said in other threads that I think rogues need more off gcd abilities. That's the only part of warriors that can really be considered op. But rogues are getting buffed in 1.5 to bring them in line with other classes so just hold on a little longer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    I read this topic as "Out of Class trolls" and I was like "no way any class is out of trolls. They're the internet's most renewable resource."
    Still a bit disappointed that no one is actually out of them, though.
    Lmao well played sir.
    Seventhsin - Warrior class lead <Church of Inglip>

Quote Originally Posted by Pru View Post
    I've said in other threads that I think rogues need more off gcd abilities. That's the only part of warriors that can really be considered op. But rogues are getting buffed in 1.5 to bring them in line with other classes so just hold on a little longer!
    No.. if rogues get more off gcd abilities, and trion calls it a "buff" i'm going to quit this game

Rogues already suffer from energy starvation, adding off gcd is going to make things worse.

Better come up with a better way trion. I'm even open to REDESIGNING the entire calling.
    US Dayblind Guardian <Ground Zero>

Me want to be able to kill a warrior 1v1 =/

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by nastymatt View Post
    Now try it with rogues............................................ .................................................. .............................................. None.
    Dunsparrow or whatever the hell his name is? Isn't he like the Ciderhelm of Rogues?

Quote Originally Posted by nastymatt View Post
    There's not a rogue out there I am sightly concerned about. Yes I know a few names purely as I am r7 and do a lot of pvp. But scared of? WF changing dps.. kb machine? Nope. I am not saying this as I think I am some sort of pvp God it's just rogues are annoying.. not scarey. Yes one may stun lock you when break free is down.
    Just in Whitefall pugs, certain runners when they appear- even when your team is steamrolling the other guys...you see a particular enemy runner and know there is no way that this pug will stop the guy.

Lame call to fame in a world of dps/healing...but it's something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast