+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Predictions for Rogue's buffs in 1.5

Champion

This patch better be good. I do okay ganking lower ranks, CD dumping, and generally sticking to classes I match well against (mostly other rogues..) but with the increased valor on my usually targets (not a big deal), codex trinket nerf (****ing ****!!!!!), and our continuing deficiencies in group vs group fights, it's getting worse as people rank up and discover the PvP specs I just can't touch.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by sabjunkie View Post
    funny you mentioned defib and cloudy poison.

i stoped using those when i had them placed on a aoe spaming lock, and i died.. so i sat there and watch with malicious intent "hehehe keep spaming there goes your mana"... to my surprise.... it was regening. from that day i no longer use defrib. and cloudy poison hardly seems to make diference as most classes have instant spells.
    Debilitating Poison is one of, if not the, best poison to use when fighting warriors/rogues.

Cloudy Poison is very useful in that it allows us to mask Anathema so it doesn't get cleansed off first. For a mage/cleric, always use cloudy poison and lethal/debilitating poison as they will both mask Anathema.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherAoC View Post
    3) the most interesting tree imo, BD will mostly be left untouched simply because "deadly dance is good enough." this tree has the most potential to put rogue's in line with other classes, if they would give Blade Tempo, Sprint, and Side Step separate cd's and increase the effectiveness of SS.
    Here's how trion does things:

They'll put deadly dance to 38 points, and slightly buff it further. They'll also buff some other BD abilities. Then after letting bladedancers reign supreme for a few weeks they will proceed to make them more useless than they ever were for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherAoC View Post
    8) Dun will write the last angry blog and finally rage quit
    Well at least there's something to look forward to.

The nerf/buffhammer swings so wildly in this game that I expect the buff to make Rogues THE class to play. Two weeks later they'll nerf you to worse than you are now. I wish they would make smaller changes with more testing.

-Liang

Rift Disciple

Im crossing my fingers for some sort of healing proc that doesnt involve Barding so we can self heal like the other 3 callings. Or maybe make cadence not require us to stand in one place and channel

My prediction: Most rogues will quit the game or switch classes in frustration. I already have gotten my mage to rank 4. (btw my mage chlorolok at rank 1 could kill a rank 4 sin *prehotfix) And I have to say I love the mage. The fact Trion doesnt acknowledge just how uber gimped rogues are and have been since release (and how the last hot fix made us far worse) is the upsetting part.

Champion

I thought "looked at" meant they would say that after extensive testing on the PTS everything is working as intended. Sadly, the OP may be on to something. I am so used to being in the state were in, that as long as they don't nerf marksman, I will be happy with the status quo.

I guess it beats playing WoW? (not sure since I didn't)

1. Look at some of the assassins poisons and infiltrators cloudy poison, boost them up a little bit, perhaps energy returns on debilitating and increasing leechings damage/heal, and having cloudy increase the enemies gcd by .25 of a second per stack, max 2 stacks, minor damage.

2. Assassin's Enduring brew changed to an off gcd poison proc heal half damage dealt mini serpent strike.

3. Nightblades will get a damage boost across the board, primal strike will deal 100% death damage and the talent will increase it's crit% by 5% each and give you a 30% chance to deal 30% of your strikes damage as (death/fire) damage, or maybe buff you somehow. I highly suggest making ebon fury and twilight transcendence stances that decrease cooldowns of certain abilities and boost their effectiveness slightly.
    For example ebon fury will reduce cooldown of dusk strike and twlight force by half and boost damage 20%, twilight transcendence will reduce damage taken by 10% and on crits deal 20% of the damage done as death damage over 4 seconds.
    Living flame needs to have cooldown dropped by half, nightrage needs to be applied to dusk strike/twilight force instead of dusk to dawn, dusk to dawn should debuff enemy slightly.

4. Key abilities for nightblade survival become undispellable, i'm looking at you blackout! Make Anathema uncleanseable.

5. Sabs will stay roughly where they are, perhaps mildly increase base damage on higher level charges, let some talents affect more than 1 charge.

6. Riftstalkers will be redesigned slightly and put into 2 paths, 1 path for tanking and 1 path for teleporting and damage, look at the mages stormcaller tree to see what I mean. Rift also needs better scaling damage reduction mechanic and less of a dependance on keeping buffing finishers up.

7. Bards anthem of fervor is brought down to around 26 points into the tree, allow cadence to heal more targets, give bards a cast time aoe version of cadence that heals themselves and 3 others around them.

8. Ranger and Marksman need talents that give energy back, consider throwing them into blade dancer as well.

9. Nerf blade dancer's deadly dance slightly(Because relying on something that powerful of a buff to be competitive is somewhat silly) compensate by increasing base damage on bd abilities, rework rhythm mechanic to have energyor"charge" be the limiting factor rather than an arbitrary cooldown and make the rhythms stance-esque, for example try something like cabalists lurking decay where you build up points over time and utilize them for rhythms.

10. Infiltrator needs to have theft of thought be a passive that applies every finisher, replace slight of hand with brush it off, drop sleight of hand down where brush it off used to be and make it strip 3 buffs and grants 2 combo points.

Whadda y'all think?
    Last edited by sirdanile; 09-02-2011 at 02:27 PM.
    I place a black candle on your chest,
    the path of night is manifest.

Sempresno Level 50 P6 Rogue/Marcosias Level 45 Warrior/Diclonius Level 26 Mage/Sumona Level 23 Cleric - Banished - Dayblind

Rift Disciple

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzel View Post
    Nah what they will do is go "ok this is good damage in the tree so we will change the talent so it hits less but for every point its damage increases by 1% and we will make 30 points in the tree worthless because the spec needs to be half mobile and half your being hit so it wont get abused in pve and valor will keep it balanced in pvp" so every tree will be a mm clone.

They will add more dodge to blade dancer high in the tree so riftstalker cant get it without losing a ton of other stuff for the purpose of pvp because they assume no one uses hit in pvp.

Then They will make Feral instinct range 40m to be inline with Deadly dance buff because changing to 30or 35 didnt increase the dps(look at the patch notes this was under the words "changes to other souls to bring them in line with deadly dance -it made me lol)

They will change slip away to a self stun so warriors and mages can hit us. Sin will no longer be viable due to no way of actually catching people.

They will remove healing from enduring brew, leaving just the dot and make sure that the + poison damage increases work with it.

They will change Bard to one motif that does all to make sure they can go "Yea your dps sucks but bard is so easy now why dont you play that"

now that cab is the same as what sab use to be sab will become the old cab where you will have a ton of buttons which do nothing much.

They will change our pvp sould to 6 talents:
    Rank 1 dur
    Rank 2 dur derp
    Rank 3 derp derp
    Rank 4 Hurp derp derp
    Rank 5 dur hurpa derp derp
    Rank 6 Derp derp spam derp derp

and they wont need a tool tip because they dont really do anything useful except save you typing when your getting roflstomped from a warrior 20 meters away with a sword and shield with 1 gcd
    The Guardians - UO RIP 2000
    Lagged Again - Lancelot- DAOC RIP 2003
    ----------------------------
    Pioneers of Competitive PvP.

Soulwalker

Make ranger pets faster imo. Maybe make double shot instant 100% for 30 sec. Make shadowfire 1 sec cast time. Some sort of shot that does a 2 to 4 sec stun would be nice. Make sab bombs award 1 combo point. Switch conceal and stealth to have no timers. add stealth to all trees. move camoflage lower in the inful tree. Make dusk till dawn chaneling on the run, Just a few on my wish list.

Soulwalker

I wont even bother attacking a healing type with out slip away up, and I hate the 2m timer to even try and fail at a healing type with there insane heals and dps. Great concept of a game but my god the balancing is unbelievable, and I laugh how clerics say they are balanced. Only thing a rogue can kill solo is a another rogue at there same rank if they get first attack.

RIFT Guide Writer

I predict something very underwhelming. Like having improved blazing strike also affect flame thrust, or slightly higher AP contribution to dancing steel, or increasing the duration of feral aggression to 20 seconds. Something that people can look at and say it's a buff, but in reality it doesn't fix anything

What I'm hoping for is a nerf to deadly dance and a wide range of significant buffs across all souls to compensate.

Soulwalker

I predict the the person/people that made the warrior soul trees will remake the rouge soul trees, leaving the rouges in a better world. Of course, this prediction is just a dream, and have a 0.0001% chance of happening.

Replace sabo charge booster with the original charge booster from beta and 1.0 and I will be a happy Rogue. I want to blow people up again, it's the only reason I rolled a rogue in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast