+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HORRIBLE Dps -- Can it be fixed?

Rift Disciple

Default HORRIBLE Dps -- Can it be fixed?

Exactly what it says. My DPS sucks majorly on all characters; my two 50's and third toon who soon will be a 50. But my HIGHEST concern for dps is my level 50 Rogue, who cannot get her dps past 100. First, please understand that this is my first MMO, but I been playing long enough to where I SHOULD know what's going on, and how I can make it better -- but I just can't. I've been helped out greatly, given great specs to try out from a good friend who does DPS like mad on his Rogue. I have good gear to where I should be pulling off at least 500 DPS in duengons.

But I'm not and it's getting highly frustrating on many accounts. Lately I've been practicing on enemies in Shimmersand. (taking the portal to the Spire and going off to the white area of the map), and I manage to pull 500 dps on them. As elites are different, though, and I can't pull it off. Only 100 DPS and I'm getting a bit stressed out about it.

Someone help?

Go to the trainer - hit train skills - spend the money and profit.

Rift Disciple

That's the thing -- I'm fully trained in my spec -- and I'm still doing poor DPS. I can't get out of the rut no matter what I do. :/

Telaran

Bad troll is bad? You seriously dont expect us to believe your only doing 100 dps as a lvl 50 do you?

Rift Disciple

I'm serious, otherwise I would not be coming here to ask for help. I seriously cannot get my dps up and running in dunegons. Unlike with the normal mobs, I do about 500 DPS. I just can't seem to adjust right and get my dps straight. :/

Champion of Telara

Its probably a troll but a well.

The most noob friendly spec for dungeons is by far:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xkoR.0VMcxcb.M

Many mobs: 5 Shrap-->Detonate, Repeat.

For some extra fun on many mobs you can spam bombs of all the types, also you could do this:

Precharge 5 spike-->Annihilation Bomb-->Detonate and then normal 5 Shrap-->Deto spam.

But generally 5 Shrap + random bombs is fun itself.

Single Target: 5 Spike-->Detonate, 5 Shrap-->Detonate, do not clip your spike charge , use a bomb like Fragment bomb or Time bomb.

Do not clip means "Let the timer of the Spike Charge finish before you apply a new one" in other words..5 spike-->Wait for the spike to finish, throw bombs meanwhile-->Detonate.

If you still pull 100 dps with that then ye, start pushing the buttons with your fingers, not your nose.
    Last edited by potis; 08-27-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Rift Disciple

I'm looking for help, not to be asked if "I expect you to believe me or not" and being called a liar at some point. I'm not lying. I say doing 100 dps only is a pretty bad deal and needs to be fixed -- and I come here to ask for help and advice. You don't have to believe me about my DPS, but I'm certainly not lying about it. I was running a parser last night during my T2. The "highest" DPS I did was 300 or so. And from there it just went down.

You might get some help if you posted real information, weapon DPS, link to spec, rotation used.

Also, go parse on a dummy, not normal mobs.

(Gear)

Shadowlander

or maybe change your parser....

What souls are you using?

Plane Walker

I believe you, I've seen some incredibly bad dps in dungeons before.

Potis gave you a good starting point, and simply following his advice should give you a dramatic increase in your damage output. If by some chance you find that you start pulling aggro, make sure you start using incriminate before your first detonate to give the threat to the tank.

To add to that, make sure you are getting hit everywhere you can, more is better basically, but ~100 or so should be pretty good for dungeons, entry level for raids I believe is around 200. But ya if you could give us some stats, hit, dex, etc it would help a lot as well.

While parsing on dummies is all well and good for trying out a rotation, putting that into practice in a dungeon can sometimes be a challenge. I've known several people who could do wonderful dps on dummies, but fall on their face when they hit a dungeon and have to move/cc/interupt.

In short, don't wear cloth and make sure all your gear is dexterity based, and get back to us with your stats so we can get an idea of what you should be able to do.

+ Reply to Thread