+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Nightblade changes.

  1. #1
    Champion TiberiusMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    501

    Default Nightblade changes.

    Things I feel Nightblade really needs. What I feel, I'm not speaking for anyone but myself.
    • Nightrage needs to trigger with Scourge of Darkness or Dusk Strike, it's clear you want it up 99% of the time but I'd actually settle for it being up 90% of the time if it was on something like Scourge or Dusk Strike instead.
    • Defence cool downs and even Ebon Fury would be nice, off global cool down.
    • Fiery Spike needs to scale with gear.
    • Improved Blazing Strike would be better if AP or base damage for Blazing Strike went up, rather than a higher critical chance.
    • Primal Death should make Primal Strike deal 100% Death Damage.
    • I'd settle for Fell Blades having a slightly small chance to apply (or even doing no damage when they do hit) if they couldn't be dispelled.
    • Clarification on just what Blackout is meant to stop, and what it doesn't stop would be nice to know.

  2. #2
    Champion TiberiusMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    501

    Default

    SmallER chance, I should say, for Fellblades.

  3. #3
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    915

    Default

    I really think putting every defensive ability off GCD would make a huge difference. Primal Strike being 100% death damage is obviously needed with Primal Death either enhancing the damage or adding an additional proc as it currently does.

  4. #4
    Champion Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    542

    Default

    again, Trion has not read "Common Sense," by Thomas Paine.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    The fiery spike change seems much needed...does it even do any damage as it is now?
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    The fiery spike change seems much needed...does it even do any damage as it is now?
    no, and for many of us, havent done any dmg since the deadly strike change (those of us who stacked AP).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    they also need to make fiery chains and maybe weapon flare grant 1 combo point (and rift disturbance although thats bard)

  8. #8
    Champion TiberiusMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrinx View Post
    they also need to make fiery chains and maybe weapon flare grant 1 combo point (and rift disturbance although thats bard)
    Yeah I agree with that actually, it's a real pain to have to not add a combo point, there is no bite to it after you spam it.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Thing is, I'd love to have NB better in pvp and I agree with most of your suggestions. But as it stands, NB is a PvP monster and I imagine it'd be hard to balance it between PvE and PvP efficacy

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I do think NB is more towards PVP. However, that being said if your guild isn't about "gotta be sabdancer" or whatever its reasonly DPS. I've got 2 29 DPS weapons, 33% crit and 550 APish... I parse about 700-750. Not great but not bad ifff specced and rotation popular.

    I do know beyond 700( i think) FS doesn't scale and at that point i'd redo my pts.

    my 2 planarites

  11. #11
    Champion TiberiusMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fonk View Post
    But as it stands, NB is a PvP monster
    ......wut?

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    735

    Default

    I'm assuming this whole thread is about NB in PvE?

    As it is now, NB is the best PvP spec in my opinion.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusMonkey View Post
    Things I feel Nightblade really needs. What I feel, I'm not speaking for anyone but myself.
    • Nightrage needs to trigger with Scourge of Darkness or Dusk Strike, it's clear you want it up 99% of the time but I'd actually settle for it being up 90% of the time if it was on something like Scourge or Dusk Strike instead.
    • Defence cool downs and even Ebon Fury would be nice, off global cool down.
    • Fiery Spike needs to scale with gear.
    • Improved Blazing Strike would be better if AP or base damage for Blazing Strike went up, rather than a higher critical chance.
    • Primal Death should make Primal Strike deal 100% Death Damage.
    • I'd settle for Fell Blades having a slightly small chance to apply (or even doing no damage when they do hit) if they couldn't be dispelled.
    • Clarification on just what Blackout is meant to stop, and what it doesn't stop would be nice to know.
    I'd go with ...

    1) Primal Strike now deals Death damage instead of physical.
    2) Nightrage has been removed from Dusk to Dawn.
    3) Primal Death now increases the damage of Nightblade combo building attacks by 0.1 / 0.2 / 0.3% and the damage of Flame Thrust and Blazing Strike by 0.25 / 0.50 / 0.75% for every point spent in the Nightblade soul.
    4) Improved Blazing Strike has been removed.
    5) Unstable State moved to 1st Tier in the soul.
    6) Enhanced Weapon Enchantments moved to 2nd Tier in the soul.
    7) Nightrage - New 5th tier soul tactic. When you are a victim of a critical hit you have a 50/100% chance to become shrouded in death and cause all attacks done to you for 6 seconds to deal half of your weapon damage back to the attacker in Death damage.
    8) Ebon Fury is no longer affected by the Global Cooldown.
    Last edited by Taldren; 08-25-2011 at 08:21 AM.
    Characters: Taldren, Sohwyn, Mythander, Paldren.
    RIFT (Sunrest) - Guardian - Irony || WAR (PT/Gorfang) - Alliance - Irony
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

  14. #14
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Is it just me or are the continued suggestions to "take EF off the GCD" funny as hell?

  15. #15
    Champion TiberiusMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    Is it just me or are the continued suggestions to "take EF off the GCD" funny as hell?
    When Warriors can no longer add a string of off GCD attacks, hitting for 700+ one after another into a single macro, they can put Ebon Fury back on a GCD.

    So assuming I've understood your point, yeah just you.
    Last edited by TiberiusMonkey; 08-25-2011 at 08:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts