+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Proposed MM buff, please share your thoughts

General of Telara

Default Proposed MM buff, please share your thoughts

Hey guys, these are the changes that I feel, if implemented, would make MM a lot better in pvp while not making them over powered. I'm interested in how the community feels about this, so please share your thoughts on the proposed changes. The changes are as follows:

Marksman:

Penetrating shot: now allows 50% armor pen, up from 30%.

Master Archer: increase chance to proc by 20% for each point spent for a total of 100%, up from 25%.

Assassin:

Serrated Blades: now works on range attacks.

Plane Touched

In beta serrated blades worked for all attacks, not just melee. I really wish they'd change it back. That change alone would go a long way towards bringing ranged specs towards competing with melee.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    In beta serrated blades worked for all attacks, not just melee. I really wish they'd change it back. That change alone would go a long way towards bringing ranged specs towards competing with melee.
    Agreed but it's not a Marksman ability.

agree. also, the idea to master archer isnt a terrible one.

Not make MM overpowered? What?
    The only rogues I dont like facing ARE marksman! Their burst is the most painful thing second only to p8 warriors.
    <Knights of Wolfsbane>
    Sheraseval - 60 Cleric (P51)
    Sheriseter - 50 Rogue (P35)
    Claraseval - <50 Warrior
    Clariseter - <50 Mage

Rift Disciple

1 way or the other Trion needs to do something to get our other souls up on par with bladedancer, not that it realy matters with warriors doing way more dps then us and having more survivability......
    but ah well soon noone will bring more then 1 rogue anyway for bard buffs.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Claraseval View Post
    Not make MM overpowered? What?
    The only rogues I dont like facing ARE marksman! Their burst is the most painful thing second only to p8 warriors.
    The burst is quite weak against high valor targets. It is lawls fighting people with low/no valor though.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsuo11 View Post
    1 way or the other Trion needs to do something to get our other souls up on par with bladedancer, not that it realy matters with warriors doing way more dps then us and having more survivability......
    but ah well soon noone will bring more then 1 rogue anyway for bard buffs.
    LOL. Try having the PvE DPS of a Mage...
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Rift Disciple

uhhhhh

100% proc? hello RFS oneshotting low valor targets.

MM is already one of the best rogue pvp specs, doesn't need buffs.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by xzaar View Post
    Hey guys, these are the changes that I feel, if implemented, would make MM a lot better in pvp while not making them over powered. I'm interested in how the community feels about this, so please share your thoughts on the proposed changes. The changes are as follows:

Marksman:

Penetrating shot: now allows 50% armor pen, up from 30%.

Master Archer: increase chance to proc by 20% for each point spent for a total of 100%, up from 25%.

Assassin:

Serrated Blades: now works on range attacks.
    I disagree as is right now a properly played mm can do so serious damage at 35 meter range and still be out of range.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    I disagree as is right now a properly played mm can do so serious damage at 35 meter range and still be out of range.
    The best thing they could do would be to even out our damage when IHNR isn't up...trade 15 seconds of burst for all-the-time dps. Its a joke between cooldowns and even at p8 you are way more useful playing eradicate bot.

Maybe make our AoE do more than 150 dmg a hit?
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

pvp MM is fine as it is... what really need a boost is PVE MM.... mm is all about burst dmg... and that work pretty well in pvp because burst > sustained in pvp... but in pve being able to dish out great dmg for 15 sec and than watching your small number for 105 sec is totally useless.... if they want to give PVE mm some utility thay have to work on it with ONLY PVE BONUS... if they add static dmg to mm thay have to rework the whole soul or it will simply become too powerfull in pvp...

increas the proc rate of master archer... fine... but than reduce it's pvp dmg by AT LEAST 50% so that it will rise your PVE sustained dmg without making RFS a 1 shot 1 kill skill in pvp...
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ComaEtilico View Post
    pvp MM is fine as it is... what really need a boost is PVE MM.... mm is all about burst dmg... and that work pretty well in pvp because burst > sustained in pvp... but in pve being able to dish out great dmg for 15 sec and than watching your small number for 105 sec is totally useless.... if they want to give PVE mm some utility thay have to work on it with ONLY PVE BONUS... if they add static dmg to mm thay have to rework the whole soul or it will simply become too powerfull in pvp...

increas the proc rate of master archer... fine... but than reduce it's pvp dmg by AT LEAST 50% so that it will rise your PVE sustained dmg without making RFS a 1 shot 1 kill skill in pvp...
    Isn't that the Motto of a sniper? srsly folks, nothing to see here. Move along. Though making serrated blades proc off ranged would be the shizzle. Ups sustained dps, doesnt touch burst, makes the 3 otherwise wasted points in Sin that i need to get to 17 useful.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Matraxia View Post
    Isn't that the Motto of a sniper? srsly folks, nothing to see here. Move along. Though making serrated blades proc off ranged would be the shizzle. Ups sustained dps, doesnt touch burst, makes the 3 otherwise wasted points in Sin that i need to get to 17 useful.
    I couldn't do it. I dropped 17 sin for 12 NB which included a ranged +20% dmg opener and freed up points for eradicate
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    The best thing they could do would be to even out our damage when IHNR isn't up...trade 15 seconds of burst for all-the-time dps. Its a joke between cooldowns and even at p8 you are way more useful playing eradicate bot.

Maybe make our AoE do more than 150 dmg a hit?
    This would take away the thing MM have going for them in PvP. It might make them better in PvE, but Im guessing it wouldnt improve them enough to actually compete with other DPS specs.

Who cares about AoE?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast