+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bard spec idea: 32 bard, 21 rift, 13 night - thoughts/input?

Shadowlander

Default Bard spec idea: 32 bard, 21 rift, 13 night - thoughts/input?

Hello all. In experimenting with different build combinations, I came up with the following build for my Tier 2 support runs, that I'd like some general input on. I put it in the rogue forum last night but didnít get any responses, so hoped more people might see it here. Thanks in advance for any (constructive) input.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bVw0szVz.VhbMo

The concept here is that (if all 3 plane-shifting abilities [Shadow Assault, Shadow Stalk, Shadow Blitz] are used on CD):
    +15% crit for 30 seconds out of every 30 seconds, and
    +20% damage for 20 seconds out of every 30 seconds,
    in addition to being able to gain an attack power bonus that lasts for a minute via the Annihilate finisher,
    as well as gain the benefits of Rift Barrier and extra endurance in the RS tree.

(Itís a little tricky since my pre-pull Motifs sometimes pull me into combat before I can use Conceal when I see the tank running in, but technically I can also gain +20% damage for 8 seconds, on the pull, using Dark Malady - although for the most part, I simply find this a convenient way to get 2 fast combo points plus a Cadence to have 5 points right off the hop.)

On the flip side I obviously lose Verse of Vitality, but given that this has a one minute CD, it doesn't seem like there are that many benefits to getting more bard skills (most of which are relatively useless in PVE) simply to move up the tree far enough to get VoV, as compared to the benefits gained though putting those points into skills gained via plane-shifting, and the passive benefits from the NB tree. Besides VoV, I also lose Fanfare of Knowledge, but screw the mana-users ;-) Thoughts?

Rift Disciple

Your link does not appear to work.

Sounds Interesting though, would need to parse and compare to get a better idea.

Shadowlander

Default Working link

A working link for the spec I'm seeking input on is:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bVw0szVz.VhbMo

Shadowlander

bumping - looking for analysis on why a 44 bard spec would be "better" than this... given that I can only see that this type of set up results in loss of VoV and FoK.

Koe

If you're running T2 bard for support, you need 32 bard and at least 13 baldedancer.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Champion

riftstalker does nothing for you or your group

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vf0G0z.0VMcxob

is better

besides teleporting around being totally awesome i think any bard/bladedancer variant is going to beat this at everything except the bonus survivability. deadly dance is just too good

VoV doesnt seem to heal all that much really, so i dont think you need to go past 32 for a 5-man.

But all this hassle plane shifting to keep the 15% crit seems a little ridiculous when you can throw 13 points in Bladedancer and have +105% dmg on cadence. I like the concept, but if you're getting hit enough to justify using rift guard you probably shouldn't be in melee range. in the end i think you would be better off adding some dps as a bard rather than getting more defensive.

That being said that RS/bard looks pretty nice for warfronts, just to stay alive longer since your main concern there is group buffs/splash heals.

I haven't used it in a while but when i was a bard in T-2s i ran something like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cbVi0szVz.Vhxz

I generally hit the motifs and play a fake melee dps until some healing was needed. Once you need some heals hit Deadly strike and throw cadence for some nice heals, Coda of Resto when needed.

Edit: basically what Cactuschef said, but i took too long typing haha
    Last edited by rCypher; 08-24-2011 at 12:09 AM.

imo the best bard spec
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EIdqiqskqz.Vc

still have annihilate, and gain ranged auto attack from having ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by SrFamine View Post
    imo the best bard spec
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EIdqiqskqz.Vc

still have annihilate, and gain ranged auto attack from having ranger.
    Hmm i like this, think ill give that one a shot. never thought of using RS in the 51 bard for some reason, i use 51/8/7 with NB and ranger, i stay out of melee range and try to keep fiery spike for giggles. You could really have anything with 51bard and be ok though.

I like the hybrid bard for 5mans, since you really dont need anything past the 38point mark(32 if you dont care about res). VoJ is great but only if youre in a group of warriors and rogues, better off improving your own dps i think.

Champion

I m not sure I m understanding the aim of such a bard.
    At first I thought this would be about a pvp specc.

So this is for T2 only? and for support = group heallings, right?

If so, I'd say a few things :
    @the deadly dance addicts () : So you wanna use 5CP to get deadly dance buff on next 3 cadences? means you trade a CoR (crits for 1400+ here) for 3*105% cadences (crits for 250? so it would be like 3*500) = you trade 1400healings*5members for 750*5...Not sure it's the right thing to do.

Then, about the int/wis buff, I agree : screw mana users, but still : they are fastest trash killers (aoe dps) so far...but you can also think : we don't need support class to kill trash anyway.

Also I really like power chord, 1 power chord +1 cadence = 5cp = 1CoR = your most effectiv healing output

You will miss a few usefull tools (rez, power regen which is also a great dps burst for your melee mates, and the insta mezz which is quite nice to put on a lonely add the tank didn't get yet...) and get (maybe) more survability (does a bard in T2 really need it that much?) and dps ...

My opinion is you focus to much on healings from cadence...
    But this could do it, just not the smartest way to go to me
    Last edited by Gaaz; 08-24-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Champion

And I forgot :
    -Melted skins 1/2 is enough for a dps rogue, but still quite useless for a bard, so don't go for 2/2 . Again : my opinion

32 bard 19 sin rest bd.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    32 bard 19 sin rest bd.
    Could u explain why 19sin and rest bd?

because you get more dps from 19 sin than from 21 rs.
    rest bd for DD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast