+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged Sab and traps?

Default Ranged Sab and traps?

Hello all, I usually play Sabdancer, but for T2s and general laziness I decided to make a ranged Saboteur spec. I see a lot of people putting points into Barbed Trap instead of Improved Blast Charge and was curious as to why this is. Is the Barbed Trap actually used, or is it just a wasted point to continue up the tree?

Edit : Figure I'll ask this while I have a thread up. Is there any real benefit of going 2 point in NB instead of Ranger? I notice some prefer one over the other and was curious as to why some choose NB over Ranger for the ranged dps modifier.
    Last edited by Adesam; 08-23-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    It is not enough that I should succeed - others should fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Adesam View Post
    Figure I'll ask this while I have a thread up. Is there any real benefit of going 2 point in NB instead of Ranger? I notice some prefer one over the other and was curious as to why some choose NB over Ranger for the ranged dps modifier.
    Guessing that people do that for Blazing Fury's 6% damage boost on charges.
    "All we had to do was follow the damn train CJ"

Plane Touched

Anyone speccing 2nb instead of ranger for their final 2 points in the 44sab/20asn build is either lazy or uninformed, but either way it is suboptimal at best.

The reason you get ranger as your third soul is for Ranged Weapon Mastery. This allows your charges to be calculated off of your ranged weapon (usually higher dps), as well as allowing ranged autoattack. Without this, you are forced to melee to get the most out of your spec, and if you're meleeing, you should just be going sabdancer, which will vastly outdamage a 44sab build.

To answer your question, however, traps are pretty useless in a ranged build. I assume it's being used as a filler.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

+ Reply to Thread