+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Improve my build plox

Default Improve my build plox

Oi,
    I was wondering if this was a good build in warfronts etc, staying at the back, being covered and healed.
    This build is mainly for pure dps, not survivability.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...otoVzAuzo.xx0z

Shadowlander

Keep in mind if you are dead, you have no dps. But you do have on the double and break free for some protection.

DPS looks pretty good over all and the 17 in sin will sure help. I woul make a few suggestions in MM tree. I would drop sharpshooter for static shot. I LOVE static shot and your team will like it too. Looks like your build is planning to do empowering shot and deadeye shot, but you will be a sitting duck if you use them with the LONG cast times. If you plan to use them with hit and run I suggest putting some points in rapid extrication.

I also think you are missing out on dps by not putting 2 points in collateral damage. If you don't want to drop anything else, maybe drop 4 points from master archer for the rapid ext and coll damage.

However, I would also suggest trying it with and without hasty departure. You might really like that as an added get away.

Champion of Telara

Move the points from sharshooter and repelling shot into rapid extrication. Everything else seems good with that type of soul build.

Personally I would either use NB/INF or Sin/NB with MM. The reason for that is you can get all of the damage modifiers in NB for less points so its easier to combine with the other trees. Your build isnt bad though.

Rift Disciple

go 51MM/inf for your scenario, you get comparable damage and eradicate, along with a healing debuff, at the loss of mobility which is a non-issue if you're covered and healed all the time.

and whoever said drop master archer, why in god's name would you drop the best DPS talent in the MM tree.

Also, How is rapid fire shot in your opinions? It's instant, so it seems useful, but at the same time, all those points in Deadeye/Empowering shot seems to do alot of damage. (Yeah, I'm aware of the annoying long casttime)

And; Is the dps "nearly" the same as Sins/Bladedancers? Only played bard and lowby MM.

Might roll a Warrior since Im having a hard time pvping. Warriors dps 2500-3000 while rogue's are stuck at arround 2k..
    Takes alot of the fun away of being a rogue.

So anyone could enlighten me with your MM dps build @ warfronts/pvp? Is it worth it? Or should I just directly roll a warrior?

Thanks for the responces btw, I'm posting this hear since I'm trying not to post a new topic every few hours :x

Shadowlander

I have been playing the Nightman build and I love it!

Here is the topic on Nightman:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...build-tutorial

The Build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...htMuotRoo.xx0M

Prior to hitting 50, I was tyipcally always in the top 3-4 in dps and kills. You have a lot of escape moves and CD abilities.

I am still leveling prestige to get higher valor so my dps is not there right now. But that's typcail for lower prestige rank people.

Nice, however I'm a longrange rogue =D

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz View Post
    Also, How is rapid fire shot in your opinions? It's instant, so it seems useful, but at the same time, all those points in Deadeye/Empowering shot seems to do alot of damage. (Yeah, I'm aware of the annoying long casttime)

And; Is the dps "nearly" the same as Sins/Bladedancers? Only played bard and lowby MM.

Might roll a Warrior since Im having a hard time pvping. Warriors dps 2500-3000 while rogue's are stuck at arround 2k..
    Takes alot of the fun away of being a rogue.

So anyone could enlighten me with your MM dps build @ warfronts/pvp? Is it worth it? Or should I just directly roll a warrior?

Thanks for the responces btw, I'm posting this hear since I'm trying not to post a new topic every few hours :x
    eradicate is one of the best abilities in the game, and it's the main reason to run MM. your burst DPS isn't shabby with HNR either. it's a very strong build, one of the most useful rogue builds you can run given an organized group. the damage is lower than full sin/NB with deadly dance, but that's expected for standing so far away and stripping all buffs.

as for warriors dropping huge damage, they can't do it from 40M, and they don't have eradicate. they do bring the best heal debuff, so it's good to have a few in an organized group, but they don't compete for the same role as rogues.

rapid fire shot is your strongest finisher (except autocrit deadeye), you should use it when it's up.

+ Reply to Thread