+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 1.4 Rogue PvP is fine.. If you spec Bladedancer / Nightblade

Default 1.4 Rogue PvP is fine.. If you spec Bladedancer / Nightblade

I've been seeing a lot of posts about people complaining about rogue pvp. I just hit rank 8 yesterday and have all the gear. I see a lot of people saying melee rogues suck. Our damage is weak. We can't kill anyone. We bring nothing to the table in warfronts.

What do I bring to the table? Huge single target damage, lots of control and utility. I have a heal debuff, stun, sap, cc, root, disarm, silence and a raid buff. While having a good amount of survivability, mobility, ranged dps and stealth. I'm coming in the top 3 damage and KBs in nearly every WF while contributing to my team using everything I have listed.

This is the spec that has it all and is the main spec I'm using in WFs right now: [28 Bladedancer / 38 Nightblade / 0 Infiltrator]
    I have 1000+ AP (1250 with trinket) and 45% crit in this spec. My Dusk to Dawn just 1 shots lesser geared people.

Here's a vid demonstrating the builds damage output on a dummy : [Damage Test Vid]

Here's a SS of a recent WF of me solo in a pug just running around killing groups of people : [Screen Shot] Notice all the other rogues damage. And notice my damage taken compared to heals taken not counting the 40k self healing from bloodthirsty and drinks.

This build works in 1.4 and is the best and most fun build I've ever played in warfronts. I'm not gonna go into macros, rotations and strategy. I'm just putting this out there for people having trouble now. If you want more survivability you can go with 44nb/22bd. I also have that build and works just as good.

Telaran

Interesting you posted this, I've actually had more success in my solo pve build (similiar to Cuisinart) in pvp just messing around lately so something down these lines may turn out to be a great plan!

Will be giving it a go.

Potentially with MM for swift shot over break free...
    Last edited by Vanthel; 08-23-2011 at 05:14 AM.

Can smash lower ranked players with 0pt ranger, why are you talking about them?

(Gear)

Rift Disciple

Fail thread

Rift Disciple

Interesting. I've been comfortable with my 51nb/15inf, but I'm tempted to give this a whirl. I'm not sure if in my gear I'll be putting out those kinds of numbers yet.

I think the rank 8 and high mitigation you're getting from that is what makes this build work.

From fighting rogues - they are the easiest target to take down by far. Very little survivability except for speced abilities. I wouldn't touch a melee build that doesn't have slip away... unless I was a warrior. Look at their trees when you get a chance, notice the huge difference in mitigation.

You have twilight transcendence, twlight shelter and a sprint... which is ok, but I'd take slip away over the lot of them.
    Last edited by Mayi; 08-23-2011 at 05:39 AM.

Plane Touched

I have recently tried a different spec from my 51 sin 15 inf similar to yours.
    I called it the nightdancer spec, basically i went 44 nightblade 22 bladedancer.(for blackout)
    Basic setup blade tempo from stealth 30 percent damage for 15 seconds, out of stealth darkmalady(20 percent damage for 8 seconds.flash of steel to close gap work my way one more combo point for 5 then hit deadly strike.
    After this i use dusk to dawn and saw 800 crits off players per tick.
    At this point nightrage is up so usually use flame thrust or blazing strike as finisher.(reason is extra 40 percent of non physical damage , works really nice since you don't have to worry armor .(basically a 100 perent armor penetration).

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I think the rank 8 and high mitigation you're getting from that is what makes this build work.

From fighting rogues - they are the easiest target to take down by far. Very little survivability except for speced abilities. I wouldn't touch a melee build that doesn't have slip away... unless I was a warrior. Look at their trees when you get a chance, notice the huge difference in mitigation.

You have twilight transcendence, twlight shelter and a sprint... which is ok, but I'd take slip away over the lot of them.
    dots dont kill anyone in pvp anymore, this ops build is good, i found simply using my hoko spec was enough to kill just about anyone 1 v 1 due to the sheer amount of dps it does, nightdancer is insance dps with defensive cooldowns, slip away is useless compared to that, the ability to kill 1 person then go to the next is what this build offers, slip away allows you to annoy 1 person then slip away and wait 2min to engage again...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    I have recently tried a different spec from my 51 sin 15 inf similar to yours.
    I called it the nightdancer spec, basically i went 44 nightblade 22 bladedancer.(for blackout)
    Basic setup blade tempo from stealth 30 percent damage for 15 seconds, out of stealth darkmalady(20 percent damage for 8 seconds.flash of steel to close gap work my way one more combo point for 5 then hit deadly strike.
    After this i use dusk to dawn and saw 800 crits off players per tick.
    At this point nightrage is up so usually use flame thrust or blazing strike as finisher.(reason is extra 40 percent of non physical damage , works really nice since you don't have to worry armor .(basically a 100 perent armor penetration).
    Blade Tempo only add 30% to physical damage, which is basically nothing in the NB tree (beside primal strike).

I tend to agree with Mayi. It's pretty hard to be competitive as a melee rogue in WF nowadays (since 1.4), unless you're R8 and fighting R4s.

Adrenalyn i've been wondering why i haven't seen you in awhile, i simply thought you quit. Good to know you are still out there, just on a different server and group ;( Good luck on the new server and congrats on rank 8!
    <- My connection speed
    60 Rogue Lohart ~ 58 Warrior Gazenkinie (Teresa) ~ 60 Cleric Sagiso ~ 60 Mage Quelaan
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalyn View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of posts about people complaining about rogue pvp. I just hit rank 8 yesterday and have all the gear. I see a lot of people saying melee rogues suck. Our damage is weak. We can't kill anyone. We bring nothing to the table in warfronts.

What do I bring to the table? Huge single target damage, lots of control and utility. I have a heal debuff, stun, sap, cc, root, disarm, silence and a raid buff. While having a good amount of survivability, mobility, ranged dps and stealth. I'm coming in the top 3 damage and KBs in nearly every WF while contributing to my team using everything I have listed.

This is the spec that has it all and is the main spec I'm using in WFs right now: [28 Bladedancer / 38 Nightblade / 0 Infiltrator]
    I have 1000+ AP (1250 with trinket) and 45% crit in this spec. My Dusk to Dawn just 1 shots lesser geared people.

Here's a vid demonstrating the builds damage output on a dummy : [Damage Test Vid]

Here's a SS of a recent WF of me solo in a pug just running around killing groups of people : [Screen Shot] Notice all the other rogues damage. And notice my damage taken compared to heals taken not counting the 40k self healing from bloodthirsty and drinks.

This build works in 1.4 and is the best and most fun build I've ever played in warfronts. I'm not gonna go into macros, rotations and strategy. I'm just putting this out there for people having trouble now. If you want more survivability you can go with 44nb/22bd. I also have that build and works just as good.
    Why did you pass on reprisal for a point in combat expertise?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagiso View Post
    Adrenalyn i've been wondering why i haven't seen you in awhile, i simply thought you quit. Good to know you are still out there, just on a different server and group ;( Good luck on the new server and congrats on rank 8!
    Hey Lohart. Thx man. Yea I'm still around. Me and a couple people got tired of Deepstrike, too many transfers and just wasn't the same anymore. So we decided to try out other servers also. Who knows, we might come back around one day and I can chase your teleporting bard around whitefall again ;p

And to the people doubting the spec. If you have the gear just try it and play it well and you will see what I'm talking about. And I'm not talking about vs lower rank people. That's all I'm gonna say about that. I'm doing well with it and put it out there for people that are having problems, who might want to try and make something work instead of just complaining. Doubt it if you want, doesn't matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Akalkasum View Post
    Why did you pass on reprisal for a point in combat expertise?
    When going 28 points in BD get 2 reactive dodge abilities, Reprisal and Disengage. Problem is you only get to use 1 of those when you dodge and the other gets put on a timer. The stun is the proc you want. So i just left out reprisal so that it won't interfere with Disengage. You also don't want to put Disengage in your combo building macro. Keybind that separate so that you have control of when to use it when it procs. And so you won't use it while you have someone disarmed with Disassemble.

Disassemble is the ability you want to use first vs other melee classes since it lasts longer (5 seconds) and people never notice they've been disarmed and won't use break free. So they will stand there disarmed for 5 seconds. With stuns people use break free all the time. And if your Disassemble gets parried or dodged you have Disengage to fall back on which can't be parried or dodged.

Telaran

Are reprisal and disengage on the same cooldown? If so I can see the conflict but personally I put the point in reprisal anyways, is a waste regardless, if they are on the same cooldown timer that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyme View Post
    Are reprisal and disengage on the same cooldown? If so I can see the conflict but personally I put the point in reprisal anyways, is a waste regardless, if they are on the same cooldown timer that is.
    They arent on the same cooldown, only one can be used per dodge though, and with so much hit floating around dodges are getting pretty rare

(Gear)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast