+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Are rogues working as intended?

Rift Disciple

Default Are rogues working as intended?

Dear Trion,

Please let us know if rogues are "working as intended"? This would save a lot of people the futility of leveling one only to find at 50 they are a low dps support class consigned to being "great at running stones" or "able to slip away and stay invis for entire wf's".

If they are working as intended can you please offer the rest of the rogue population a "once only" free calling respec. This would really help those of us who have spent months chasing the rainbow to find a pot of pointlessness at the end of it. For those of us who have ground out 1k+ valor to find out it makes literally no difference to being naked. For those of us who got excited about equipping a weapon 4 levels better than what they have to find it made 0.1% extra damage over the duration of a Port Scion.

I am not asking much. Just a simple answer. You did it for Warriors... at least we know that one man wf killing machines are working as intended. I am not even asking for rogues to be on par with any other calling just to know this is what you had in mind when designing the calling. "Warrior wearing plate.. with the highest dps and cc - Check. Clerics with massive heals.. lets give them 5x the dps of rogues - check. Mages... they wear cloth so need to do huge damage and be able to heal - check. Rogues.. mmm? We need someone who can run stones and hide a lot - check".

One last suggestion is if the answer is "YES - Rogues working as intended" please change the description at creation screen to "Rogue - hides in the shadows and uses all his skills to run stones." this would give new players to the game a true understanding of the class prior to wasting 6 months.

Regards,

NM

failtroll fails

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    failtroll fails
    How is he trolling if everything he wrote is the truth?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by tetsuo11 View Post
    How is he trolling if everything he wrote is the truth?
    Honestly you're right, he is pretty much only telling the truth. Rogues can be fun to play, but it's really frustrating to deal so little damage and take so much.

Well... we can also spam a purge to our heart's content. Don't forget about that.

Working as intended. Bad rogue is bad. MMs hit 2.8k with deadeye + the 1k empowered shots on me.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Working as intended. Bad rogue is bad. MMs hit 2.8k with deadeye + the 1k empowered shots on me.
    How much Valor you got?

Also, grats, a MM could do some damage during their 15 second damage cooldown.

OP is right, sad to say.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Then you don't have enough Valor. Against equal rank targets it rarely breaks 1.8k at Rank 7. OP says truth.

OP is right. Rogues need a ton of love. I won't call for nerfs on other classes. But I will politely ask that rogues be given a lot of love before my 6 month subs ends. I really do like this game.

Plane Touched

I think rogues need another buff patch. Currently, rogues are kind of underpower compared to other same rank callings.

lol... Rogues are:
    1) Squishy - No really, we have no actual oh **** buttons, and our hp doesn't go up unless we use RS, which really doesn't fair that well in wf.
    2) Sustained yet crappy dps - sure we can do fine on initial damage for say..... 5-20 sec at best? yet at those same durations, a warrior would have downed at least 4 other people while we are still dpsing trying to down the last 10% of an enemy....
    3) Energy starved *much* - I can't even finish a combo with out me waiting a good half, to a full second to get myself going again.
    4) Block/mitigation what's that??? - I think every rogue who's been in a wf has been through this: where you go against a warrior with a shield only to hear and see him block EVEN your dots... While he burns our hp and we go "OMG MY HP!" /drink hp pot/tonic. where's our non-cd mitigation at? Rift guard? funny.
    Last edited by Malupit; 08-23-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastymatt View Post
    Dear Trion,

Please let us know if rogues are "working as intended"? This would save a lot of people the futility of leveling one only to find at 50 they are a low dps support class consigned to being "great at running stones" or "able to slip away and stay invis for entire wf's".

If they are working as intended can you please offer the rest of the rogue population a "once only" free calling respec. This would really help those of us who have spent months chasing the rainbow to find a pot of pointlessness at the end of it. For those of us who have ground out 1k+ valor to find out it makes literally no difference to being naked. For those of us who got excited about equipping a weapon 4 levels better than what they have to find it made 0.1% extra damage over the duration of a Port Scion.

I am not asking much. Just a simple answer. You did it for Warriors... at least we know that one man wf killing machines are working as intended. I am not even asking for rogues to be on par with any other calling just to know this is what you had in mind when designing the calling. "Warrior wearing plate.. with the highest dps and cc - Check. Clerics with massive heals.. lets give them 5x the dps of rogues - check. Mages... they wear cloth so need to do huge damage and be able to heal - check. Rogues.. mmm? We need someone who can run stones and hide a lot - check".

One last suggestion is if the answer is "YES - Rogues working as intended" please change the description at creation screen to "Rogue - hides in the shadows and uses all his skills to run stones." this would give new players to the game a true understanding of the class prior to wasting 6 months.

Regards,

NM
    I roll everyone except Riftblades...so I don't know what your QQing about.

Sounds like someone needs to learn to play.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Malupit View Post
    4) Block/mitigation what's that??? - I think every rogue who's been in a wf has been through this: where you go against a warrior with a shield only to hear and see him block EVEN your dots... While he burns our hp and we go "OMG MY HP!" /drink hp pot/tonic. where's our non-cd mitigation at? Rift guard? funny.
    Whenever I see a Warrior block a tick from Chemical Bomb, it makes me laugh. I know that's bad for me, but it's just funny how dumb it is. It's not even physical damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    I roll everyone except Riftblades...so I don't know what your QQing about.

Sounds like someone needs to learn to play.
    And riftblades can be similarly rolled with a properly specced and played nightblade.

The class takes some finesse to play. Its not a Hulk-smash! type of play like warriors.

You'd think that someone who made their way out to 1k+ valor would've picked up on how to pvp somewhere along the way. Though, I guess, you could lose your way to rank 6+

Either that or they have one pvp spec and expect to be able to roll everyone with that one spec.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 08-24-2011 at 12:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast