+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightdancer Pvp Build.

Plane Touched

Default Nightdancer Pvp Build.

Hey guys my main build is usully 51 sin 15 inf for pvp but i found this build to be pretty defensive and offensive at the same time.
    Basically you put 44 points in nightblade, 22 in bladedancer, 0 inf for break free.
    Pros you get blackout 6 seconds immunity,twilight transendence, removes hostile effects and 3 seconds immunity to damage ,twilight shelter 80 percent reduction to damage but drops yours down to 40 percent less damage, and also sidesteps for 15 seconds of dodging melee damage.
    The thing is this build is quite offensive as well.

Opener macro
    #show Precision strike Basically runing fellblades and smolderblades for poison.
    suppressmacrofailures Depends on circumstances cast Blade temp for 30 percent extra damage.
    cast poison malice Darkmalady from out of stealth 20 percent extra damage for 8 seconds.
    cast break free flash of steel and another builder for 5 point combo.
    cast dark malady
    cast flash of steel
    cast weapon barrage
    cast reprisal
    cast dusk strike
    cast precision strike
    cast quick strike
    cast keen strike
    cast disengage
    cast disassemble
    cast twilight force

Finisher 1 Finisher 1 comes right after for the 105 bonus damage to next
    #show deadly strike
    suppressmacrofailures 3 combo building point abilities.Then follows dusk to dawn.
    cast break free
    cast deadly strike i seen dusk to dawn crit for 800 a tick . build untill u have 5 combo
    cast weapon barrage points then use flame thrust of blazing strike as your finisher.
    cast reprisal you can then cast ebon fury depending on if u wanna kite, keeping
    cast rapid fire shot a little distant should make this go off from the combo point builder.
    cast hasted shot You also have heat retention on 5 charges boost your finisher by
    cast fiery spike another 30 percent.
    cast quick strike
    Finisher 2
    #show flame thrust
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast dusk to dawn
    cast blazing strike
    cast flame thrust
    cast break free

p.s i have no clue how to link the soul builder thingy , but am sure you can figure out where points go in nightblade and bladedancer.
    Con's you don't have perma stealth.

I fould with all the extra damage from bladedancer and nightblade you will do way better than the magnify pain from assasin line and have a lot more flexability.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Stabsalot; 08-22-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Plane Touched

I tried to edit post after it came out all jumble up but my 5 min timer had expired.
    I will try to repost it clearer.

Plane Touched

Nightdancer Pvp Build.

Hey guys my main build is usully 51 sin 15 inf for pvp but i found this build to be pretty defensive and offensive at the same time.
    Basically you put 44 points in nightblade, 22 in bladedancer, 0 inf for break free.
    Pros you get blackout 6 seconds immunity,twilight transendence, removes hostile effects and 3 seconds immunity to damage ,twilight shelter 80 percent reduction to damage but drops yours down to 40 percent less damage, and also sidesteps for 15 seconds of dodging melee damage.

Opener macro
    #show Precision strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast poison malice
    cast break free
    cast flash of steel
    cast dark malady
    cast flash of steel
    cast weapon barrage
    cast reprisal
    cast dusk strike
    cast precision strike
    cast quick strike
    cast keen strike
    cast twilight force

Basically runing fellblades and smolderblades for poison.
    Depends on circumstances cast Blade temp for 30 percent extra damage.
    Darkmalady from out of stealth 20 percent extra damage for 8 seconds.
    and another builder for 5 point combo.

Finisher 1
    #show deadly strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast break free
    cast deadly strike
    cast weapon barrage
    cast reprisal
    cast fiery spike

Finisher 1 comes right after for the 105 bonus damage to next
    3 combo building point abilities,Then follows dusk to dawn.
    I have seen dusk to dawn crit for 800 a tick . build untill u have 5 combo points, then use flame thrust or blazing strike as your finisher.
    you can then cast ebon fury depending on if u wanna kite, keeping
    a little distant should make this go off from the combo point builder.
    You also have heat retention on 5 charges boost your finisher by another 30 percent.

Finisher 2
    #show flame thrust
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast dusk to dawn
    cast blazing strike
    cast flame thrust
    cast break free

p.s i have no clue how to link the soul builder thingy , but am sure you can figure out where points go in nightblade and bladedancer.
    Con's you don't have perma stealth.

I fould with all the extra damage from bladedancer and nightblade you will do way better than the magnify pain from assasin line and have a lot more flexability.

Enjoy.
    Edit post a bit to make it a bit clearer, forgive my bad grammar , also clean up macros a bit.

You get this and cleanse soul (possibly living flame, if that's your flavour) in any deep nightblade / inf build.

This build brings deadly dance to the table, which is gonna up your builders. Brings sprint, and a gap closer. It also inherits BD's pvp weakness with exhaustion as it is currently. You can't even side-steps and blade tempo in the same fight, and if you use sprint to catch your target from stealth, well, forget it.

With the new buffs to nightrage, flame thrust and blazing strike are pretty nasty, not to mention armor piercing. These are the only abilities that allow me to plow S&B warriors other than ebon fury cooldown. So basically, replacing finishers with deadly strike, which hits respectable amounts, is a sidegrade to your damage, making it a little more consistent and less bursty. PVP damage is best served bursty. You will have wasted talents in a 44nb build if you don't blaze/flame finish as well.

In my opinion, bladedancer's gap closers and utility don't serve a nightblade as well as other souls, and deadly dance is a costly sidegrade.

Not to be disrespectful, but you need to put some thought into your macros. Lots of the stuff in there is no bueno when macro'd into your spam.

No solo pvp / world pvp build should function without permastealth, so I'd categorize your build as a warfront alternative to MM.

Try a

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...RGqgRss.xx0M0c

This fulfills its role as a PvP wrecking ball with 1k+ valor much like a RB/Champ/Pally warrior does. This is what I suspect your build is trying to achieve. Your 51 nightblade in whitefall escalation's role is to pop deep in the enemy's ranks, throw on living flame, and as soon as you get targeted and feel DPS starting to ramp up, pop an immunity, and get healed to full. A rogue in the front lines gets a LOT of attention. All the damage you are taking is healable due to cooldown usage at say.. 50%-60%.

Many times after tanking 2-3 mages, 1-2 warriors while you're burning a warden, when your thirty second cooldown rotation is over, fall back. If you're at a high gear advantage, your living flame, fiery chains, and dusk strike spam plus assist from team probably netted serious killing blows/ pressure on rogues/warriors, as well as your main Cleric target.

With cooldowns, it can take on the FOTM RB/Champ/Pally or VK warrior 1v1, but this build is designed around WF action, and bleeds & slip away do it better anyway.

TLDR: There are better warfront builds, and better solo builds out there. Try having a min-maxed role for each.

Talking

According to Alder 51NB/15Inf is useless
    Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthys View Post
    51ΝΒ/15Inf
    Simple.
    Maybe it's just the ones i run into but i hate having them on my team for Port. They bring nothing to group PVP other than ganking a rogue running shards and are in stealth 80% of the time.
    Yeah right...

According to Alder 51NB/15Inf is useless
    Yeah right...
    It is useless...
    A Warrior can do better then 51nb/15inf.
    Actually... why would you even go melee rogue? There is nothing more useless then melee pvp rogue.
    Op@Sagespire -> Laizy@Whitefall ->
    Oooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 7, quit) & Ooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 8, quit)
    Note: CYRUS sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by SIbb View Post
    It is useless...
    A Warrior can do better then 51nb/15inf.
    Actually... why would you even go melee rogue? There is nothing more useless then melee pvp rogue.
    Cos I thought rogues would be DPS in this game, not target dummies, so I didnt roll a warrior.
    My bad.
    Sorry Trion.

Cos I thought rogues would be DPS in this game, not target dummies, so I didnt roll a warrior.
    My bad.
    Sorry Trion.
    Why do you think I gave my rogue away...?
    Because Rogue is a SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT spec.
    Op@Sagespire -> Laizy@Whitefall ->
    Oooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 7, quit) & Ooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 8, quit)
    Note: CYRUS sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by SIbb View Post
    Why do you think I gave my rogue away...?
    Because Rogue is a SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT spec.
    Sounds logical.
    But then again warriors are TANK TANK TANK spec.
    Anyway I miss my cleric.

+ Reply to Thread