+ Reply to Thread

Thread: questions concerning Sabodancer and other general knowledge i seem to be lacking on

Soulwalker

Default questions concerning Sabodancer and other general knowledge i seem to be lacking on

just a couple simple questions...

!: with sabodancer, with DOT coming from spike charges and poison, would throwing a chemical bomb down help increase the DOT?

2: Concerning whetstones, does my stats benefit from having one on each blade? or is it based off just the main hand?

3: is it possible to toss the blade tempo buff into a macro with one of the charges to detonate to insure its always used?

Soulwalker

1. Chemical bomb does damage over time in an aoe area only, nothing about buffing any damage

2. Put a whetstone on your main and off hand, as they both contribute

3. Yes, and put #suppressmacrofailures at the top of your macro.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dessieheroic View Post
    just a couple simple questions...

!: with sabodancer, with DOT coming from spike charges and poison, would throwing a chemical bomb down help increase the DOT?
    It might be situationally useful if/when you have a spare gcd and nothing else to use with it, but generally no. Most of the sabdancer build is built around Spike and Shrapnel charge, which both deal physical damage. Many of the talents improve physical damage. Chemical bomb isn't a lot of dps and it is also not physical. More optimal in a spare gcd would be Fragmentation Bomb as it gets the bonus from the +physical.
    2: Concerning whetstones, does my stats benefit from having one on each blade? or is it based off just the main hand?
    Yes, both benefit. The offhand really only benefits your autoattack damage however, so it's not nearly as big a bonus. If you're cash strapped, you can get by with one on the mainhand.
    3: is it possible to toss the blade tempo buff into a macro with one of the charges to detonate to insure its always used?
    Yes. Here's mine:

#show Detonate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Blade Tempo
    cast Detonate

Remember you will need to hit the Detonate button twice whenever Blade Tempo is available to fire both skills off.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

+ Reply to Thread