+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard trial spec - 32 bard, 21 rift, 13 night

Shadowlander

Default Bard trial spec - 32 bard, 21 rift, 13 night

Hello all. In experimenting with different build combinations, I came up with the following build for my Tier 2 support runs, that I'd like some general input on:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bVw0szVz.VhbMo

The concept here is that (if used on CD) I gain +15% crit for 30 seconds out of every 45, and +20% damage for 20 seconds out of every 45, as well as gain the benefits of Rift Barrier and extra endurance in the RS tree.
    (Its a little tricky since my pre-pull Motifs sometimes pull me into combat before I can use Conceal when I see the tank running in, but I can also gain +20% damage for 8 seconds, on the pull, using Dark Malady - although for the most part, I simply find this a convenient way to get 2 fast combo points plus a Cadence to have 5 points right off the hop.)

Obviously I lose Verse of Vitality, but given that this has a one minute CD, it doesn't seem like there is as many benefits to getting more (relatively PVE-useless) bard skills simply to move up the tree, as compared to the benefits gained though plane-shifting skills, and the passive benefits from the NB tree. I also lose Fanfare of Knowledge, but screw the mana-users ;-) Thoughts?

Shadowlander

Forgot to point out that the spec also gives a bonus to Attack Power via Annihilate finisher.

Shadowlander

Blah... sorry for extra post, but tried to make an edit but was forced to create a 3rd post.

Forgot to point out that the spec also gives a bonus to Attack Power via Annihilate finisher.

Also, I didn't write the correct timing to the buffs, the correct buff duration is:

The concept here is that (if all 3 plane-shifting abilities [Shadow Assault, Shadow Stalk, Shadow Blitz] are used on CD) I gain +15% crit for 30 seconds out of every 30, and +15% damage for 20 seconds out of every 30, as well as gain the benefits of Rift Barrier and extra endurance in the RS tree.

+ Reply to Thread