+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Sab bleed question.

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    170

    Angry Sab bleed question.

    Is Sab the only soul in the entire game where their bleed effects are removable?
    Characters: Taldren, Sohwyn, Mythander, Paldren.
    RIFT (Sunrest) - Guardian - Irony || WAR (PT/Gorfang) - Alliance - Irony
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    147

    Default

    They're not "bleeds". They count as poisons, which is why poison potency is obtained in sabdancer specs.

    So no, as sabs don't have bleeds

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Annalea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leslol View Post
    They're not "bleeds". They count as poisons, which is why poison potency is obtained in sabdancer specs.

    So no, as sabs don't have bleeds
    It's always good to know that a bit of anti-venom will resolve any issues I have with having shrapnel bombs exploding on me.
    Last edited by Annalea; 08-22-2011 at 08:46 PM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leslol View Post
    They're not "bleeds". They count as poisons, which is why poison potency is obtained in sabdancer specs.

    So no, as sabs don't have bleeds
    Spike Charge
    20 Meter Range30 Energy
    Instant
    Attaches a Charge onto the enemy, causing the enemy to bleed for weapon plus 36 Physical damage per Charge over 9 seconds when detonated. Up to 5 Charges can be attached onto the enemy. Energy is refunded if the Rogue is out of combat. Awards 1 Combo Point.


    It's a bleed. It's also a poison.

    (Gear)

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Spike Charge
    20 Meter Range30 Energy
    Instant
    Attaches a Charge onto the enemy, causing the enemy to bleed for weapon plus 36 Physical damage per Charge over 9 seconds when detonated. Up to 5 Charges can be attached onto the enemy. Energy is refunded if the Rogue is out of combat. Awards 1 Combo Point.


    It's a bleed. It's also a poison.
    I think you are confusing flavor text with game mechanics.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    I think you are confusing flavor text with game mechanics.
    Actually, I think people take the term "bleed" in various fashions, as it's a player generated term.

    Fact is however, it counts as a "magical effect" and is therefore subject to being cleansed.

    Sin "bleeds" are an entirely different creature. They are physical damage DoT's.

    So in effect, you have 2 types of DoT's, magical and physical. Magical can be cleansed, physical can't. Because you might call it a "bleed" due to popular use of the vernacular is not what dictates its game mechanics.


    Edited because I can't spell before finishing my first cup of coffee
    Last edited by RavingLunatic; 08-23-2011 at 03:08 AM.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

  7. #7
    Champion Coffande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Spike Charge once detonated is considered a bleed effect.
    Prey on the Weak gets triggered by it.

    Charges pre-detonate are considered poisons.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffande View Post
    Spike Charge once detonated is considered a bleed effect.
    Prey on the Weak gets triggered by it.

    Charges pre-detonate are considered poisons.
    Correct.

    But this doesn't answer the question originally put forth ... is sab the only soul in the game that has a bleed effect that is removable?
    Characters: Taldren, Sohwyn, Mythander, Paldren.
    RIFT (Sunrest) - Guardian - Irony || WAR (PT/Gorfang) - Alliance - Irony
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taldren View Post
    Correct.

    But this doesn't answer the question originally put forth ... is sab the only soul in the game that has a bleed effect that is removable?
    Why is it relevant?

    Sab charges werent always poisons. All bleed affect used to be cleansable. Both of those things were changed.

    Would you like them to make it so charges werent poisons again? I think lots of rogues would be upset about that.

    Or do you want them to get the benefits of being a poison, but not be able to be removed?

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Why is it relevant?

    Sab charges werent always poisons. All bleed affect used to be cleansable. Both of those things were changed.

    Would you like them to make it so charges werent poisons again? I think lots of rogues would be upset about that.

    Or do you want them to get the benefits of being a poison, but not be able to be removed?
    The charges are a poison until detonated. The effect the charges cause is supposed to be a BLEED. Bleeds are physical damage that follows a different set of rules. One of which is that they arn't supposed to be removable.

    So what do I want? The bleeds to follow the rules for being a bleed. How about that smartguy.
    Characters: Taldren, Sohwyn, Mythander, Paldren.
    RIFT (Sunrest) - Guardian - Irony || WAR (PT/Gorfang) - Alliance - Irony
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taldren View Post
    The charges are a poison until detonated. The effect the charges cause is supposed to be a BLEED. Bleeds are physical damage that follows a different set of rules. One of which is that they arn't supposed to be removable.

    So what do I want? The bleeds to follow the rules for being a bleed. How about that smartguy.
    So you are saying after they detonate they become a physical dot? What abillity is removing the physical dot?

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Charges are considered poisons for the benefit of being able to cleanse them. This was an intentional change made in beta by the developers. This also had the side effect of making them gain the bonus damage from Poison Potency.

    The damage component of Charge bleeds is triggered when they are detonated. The problem is one of not being clear enough in description of the ability. Saboteur bleeds are not cleanseable/dispellable. The pre-detonated Charges, however, are. There is a difference in how the game treats these, despite it being the same ability.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

    Thanks a lot, Daglar.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    Charges are considered poisons for the benefit of being able to cleanse them. This was an intentional change made in beta by the developers. This also had the side effect of making them gain the bonus damage from Poison Potency.

    The damage component of Charge bleeds is triggered when they are detonated. The problem is one of not being clear enough in description of the ability. Saboteur bleeds are not cleanseable/dispellable. The pre-detonated Charges, however, are. There is a difference in how the game treats these, despite it being the same ability.
    No, 5 point spikes, once detonated, can be removed with a single cleanse.

    (Gear)

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    219

    Default

    I've never heard of this, though it shouldn't be difficult to test. That is a gamebreaking bug, if so.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

    Thanks a lot, Daglar.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    I've never heard of this, though it shouldn't be difficult to test. That is a gamebreaking bug, if so.
    Thus the post.

    5 point Spike Charge bleed can be removed in a single cleanse.

    5 point Shrapnel Charge (w/Residual Shrapnel) bleed can be removed in a single cleanse.
    Characters: Taldren, Sohwyn, Mythander, Paldren.
    RIFT (Sunrest) - Guardian - Irony || WAR (PT/Gorfang) - Alliance - Irony
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts