+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Balance between survivability and damage output.

Default Balance between survivability and damage output.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...t0z.iItRGqgRss

Not a new build, but I find after a lot of messing about, that's about the only way I can stay alive and still do some damage.

Burst comes from Dark Malady and timing your SoD with your Living Flame, when Living Flame is down, you use the old Ebon Fury/SoD spam. Because there is nothing like Deadly Dance or Assassin in this build, any other burst comes from timing your Dusk to Dawn Nightrage buff with a full stack of Heat Retention for a +80% Blazing Strike (which never really feels like 80% so I have no idea if they stack or not, would be dumb if they didn't, but then we're Rogues I'd be used to it).

Survivability is typical Nightblade cooldowns, but once they are all used you have Rift Guard for when things get messy, in a big zerg on zerg I like to build points with Fiery Spike and then use Rift Guard as I close into melee. Also with points in Exceptional Resilience and Phantom Blow spammed x3 when needed, you have a total of -12% to damage taken.

Champion of Telara

Do you think Break Free is a better CD than Side Steps for 0 points?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Do you think Break Free is a better CD than Side Steps for 0 points?
    Yeah, I've toyed with both and I've often said that Break Free just isn't worth it given that as soon as I break out of something, I get hit by something else right after but with the number of defence cooldowns it already has, I thought I'd give Break Free a run.

I think that's down to personal choice really, Side Steps is great for other melee, probably better than Blackout sometimes.

So yeah, personal choice.
    Last edited by TiberiusMonkey; 08-22-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Actually, I will add this about Side Steps, I've been doing a lot of WPVP tonight and Break Free was invaluable as I was soloing solo runners. But in an instance game, were the CC spam is thick and fast, I think I'd rather have Side Steps.
    Last edited by TiberiusMonkey; 08-22-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Champion of Telara

Of course they are both going to be better in different situations. Break free is goin to save your life from time to time, but it isnt going to directly reduce any damage. The other thing you cant ignore is how much more up time Side Steps has.

They are both good and both probably situationally better than the other. I was just interested in hearing other peoples thoughts. I think its a pretty good comparison for 0 point souls.

Sabs AOE root isn't bad, helpful for making chock points on the bridge.

+ Reply to Thread