+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prestige lowbie gear thoughts

Shadowlander

Default Prestige lowbie gear thoughts

I am a recent 50 and looking to plan out my PVP gear. Here are my current thoughts on gear:

Nimble Mask of the Hunter
    Nimble Deathbringer Shoulders
    Nimble Deathbringer Chest
    Seditionistís Gloves
    Seditionistís Belt
    Nimble Wayward Breeches
    Nimble Conditioned Leather Boots
    Nimble Deathbringer Dagger
    Nimble Deathbringer Dagger
    Keen Spined Compound Bow
    Tacticians Pendant
    Nimble Deathbringer Ring
    Pathfinderís Ring

I would still need to find some decent trinkets and Essence. I really do not enjoy raiding and I really do not plan to raid. So I have kept that in mind in many of my choices. I do know I planned for all of the crafting to either use a flawless thief stone or Polished demon horn. I also understand there is a HUGE cost associated with the materials for all of these crafted items.

Am I missing something or is there something you would suggest for an upgrade?

Shield of Telara

If you're mainly into PvP, why aren't you going for the pvp gear that you buy with favor that you earn by doing PvP?
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

i would just try and get the deathbringer daggers then try and get an abyssal musket for your ranged weapon... for armor in pvp you are required to buy every tier in order to upgrade to the next tier.. so getting all that deathbringer armor is sort of pointless.. although its good for dps in dungeons..

Shadowlander

Until I get to rank 5+ this gear was a lot better than the pvp gear. I was assuming it will take a fairly long time to get to rank 5 or 6 or 8 now?

I assumed I could craft or have the items crafted in a few days assuming I can find the money.

I have seen the reduced costs for PVP gear so upgrading is a lot easier!

Valor trumps all, and you can have 200 valor out the gate, more if they bring up PVP rifts again and you fill a Barnacle Encrusted Sigil of the 5 (or the defiant version) with dropped PVP essences.

Shadowlander

Within a day, you could buy all the P1 gear. The next day, buy all the P2 gear and ding P2. By weekend, P3. The next week, P4. Well, you would have to win a lot, but that's dependent on server and pug and what not.

By P2, which really would take a good solid day or 2, you'll have 400+ which would really trump that entire list you put out. Valor valor valor.
    Beefstu - Rogue
    Beephstu - Warrior

Shadowlander

So is any of the gear worth getting?

I already had tier 1 when I dinged from scenerios leveling. Your math was correct. I have 198 valor just from tier 1.

Shield of Telara

Stick with the pvp gear IMO.. if you can get in a couple T2's to get weapons that would be good, but I would just stay on the trail of getting that...

I have mostly all T3 PvE gear and even when I was rank 3-4 would wear the pvp gear over the PvE gear. Valor > all

And you have to buy the lower ranked pvp gear to get the better stuff anyways, so you're going to be getting it...
    Last edited by StrifeV; 08-22-2011 at 03:21 PM.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Quote Originally Posted by Mechant View Post
    So is any of the gear worth getting?

I already had tier 1 when I dinged from scenerios leveling. Your math was correct. I have 198 valor just from tier 1.
    id get the nimble deathbringer daggers if you can get umm unless you are raiding pretty much best you will find till r6

As mentioned before, weapons are ok to get outside of the PvP vendors until higher rank ones become available. This is because they have no valor on them. You could get all dolled up in raid gear and get buried in the opening salvo of a zerg. Survivability comes first, then push out as much damage as you can.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Shadowlander

Thanks for the advice! Just time to grind!

Get all your gear from PvP grinding and if you PvE at all use the weapons as temporary place holders till you saved enough for the high rank PvP Weapons after getting all the gear of course. Valor is very important when your starting because you will be very squishy to the point where it becomes frustrating to Q for warfronts.
    http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6849/senokasigzl1.jpg
    Senoko - R50 Rogue, Greybriar - Guardian
    Subscribe/Watch my vids! - http://www.youtube.com/user/iTzSenoko
    Check out my livestream! http://www.twitch.tv/Senoko
    Latest PvP video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_AV7xpAFSg

+ Reply to Thread