+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Power Leveling

Default Rogue Power Leveling

Hi all,

I have a lvl 24 rogue that I'd like to get to 50 and get my PvP on...what do you think is the best way to level this toon? How long do you think it'd take to get to 50?

This is my first attempt @ PLing a toon in Rift so any feedback would be appreciated!
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

Server: Seastone, Guild: Hot Shots

Make a bard and a dps spec and grind dungeons. On escalation weekends go Marksman and grind the escalation warfront.

Bladedancer variants with 13 in riftstalker work very well for grinding mobs. The main aoe grinding spec is about an even split between BD and RS and takes a lot of the tanky talents from both.

Soulwalker

I am currently level 31 with my rogue and i tried alot of builds and it all comes down to what you have fun playing, even if something is fast/best/cookie cutter.... if you do not have fun that you will soon quit it.

I am currently running nightblade 20/ bladedancer 13 / bard 8 and I am really enjoying it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MicV.VhxMh0M.Vc.Vcbh

basically I wanted high survivability, ok damage, and fun to play.

I ran a few instances with this build and ended up with 186dps with 120 hps along with throwing what limted buffs I had up. It was fun and I felt like I contributed nicely to the group.

soloing I never come close to dieing and most enemies die withing 10-15 seconds and I can keep going and going. I rarely aoe as the build is more a single target type style but can survive a few adds on me.
    Last edited by Sabrath; 08-22-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InferiOmega View Post
    Make a bard and a dps spec and grind dungeons. On escalation weekends go Marksman and grind the escalation warfront.
    Unfortunately, I'm trying to level my rogue during non-escalation weekends so that my almost P7 mage can grind out favor/prestige during those weekends!

Bladedancer variants with 13 in riftstalker work very well for grinding mobs. The main aoe grinding spec is about an even split between BD and RS and takes a lot of the tanky talents from both.
    Yeah, I've been using these BD/RS specs (although it seems like it can barely handle 3 mobs @ a time)

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ted-1-3-a.html
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrath View Post
    I am currently level 31 with my rogue and i tried alot of builds and it all comes down to what you have fun playing, even if something is fast/best/cookie cutter.... if you do not have fun that you will soon quit it.
    Well, my idea of fun is PvPing, so I really AM looking for fast/best/cookie cutter so I can get to 50!
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

Shield of Telara

I leveled as mainly assassin, spot picked my quest targets, sap to grab quest items and only killed what I needed and blazed through quests... on some of the harder mobs I would run ranger/bard..

Ultimately I ran out of quests to do at about level 48, so I had to just grind that out, but it wasn't that big of a deal... you can go around and do the dailies and pvp through that.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Shadowlander

Sadly PL and PVP don't really go hand in hand.

So you need to make a choice between leveling as fast as possible or PVPing. I picked...PVP. I had fun PVPing as I leveled and when I finaly found a server with a good PVP population it was a lot more fun.

I still suggest 2 souls. One for PVE and one for PVP. I have not found one I liked in both.

Since you like to pvp I highly suggest checking out the Nightman build
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...build-tutorial
    Or an end build something like this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...htMuotRoo.xx0M

At 30, i would suggest something like this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0Mfib.x0pRsz.VhtMuo0o

Just trying to have fun PVPing and make sure to take the PVP quests in the main town. There is a cap of 150k favor. So keep that in mind and spend some to stay under the cap.

You can try a melee spec and do fairly well with it, but I really enjoy this hybrid mix of ranged with melee abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by wfsaxton View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm trying to level my rogue during non-escalation weekends so that my almost P7 mage can grind out favor/prestige during those weekends!

Yeah, I've been using these BD/RS specs (although it seems like it can barely handle 3 mobs @ a time)

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ted-1-3-a.html
    They're going to have a massive boosted exp period from the 25th to the 31st, so you can proly grind warfronts during that time and pimp your rogue that way. It probably won't completely overlap escalation weekend, so you can work on your mage when Esc starts and proly get ranks 7 and 8 both before the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by InferiOmega View Post
    They're going to have a massive boosted exp period from the 25th to the 31st, so you can proly grind warfronts during that time and pimp your rogue that way. It probably won't completely overlap escalation weekend, so you can work on your mage when Esc starts and proly get ranks 7 and 8 both before the end of the month.
    Didn't know that...I'll def try to PL during that period!
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

+ Reply to Thread