+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bards and spellpower.

Soulwalker

Default Bards and spellpower.

Does spellpower benefit the skills/abilities of a bard rogue? So if I equip a weapon that has spellpower, will it improve my Cadence and healing etc? Or is it just for mages and clerics?

no

you need to stack AP to get more of cadence, but it still not scales very good.
    Last edited by Kakyo; 08-22-2011 at 04:29 AM.

I have never personally tested this, but i can't imagine that Spell Power would be of any use at all. Mostly because the bard damage skills all say "weapon damage plus" in their tooltips, and because some of them even talk about Attack Power scaling in their tooltips. Spell Power is a mage/cleric only stat.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

You wish

Soulwalker

okay thanks for the responses.. but why would I be able to weild weapons that give me spellpower and int etc? Surely those should be cleric only.

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdefgh View Post
    okay thanks for the responses.. but why would I be able to weild weapons that give me spellpower and int etc? Surely those should be cleric only.
    Gear Itemization is a whole other can of worms in this game, to avoid a very long and pointless discussion that I am sure you really don't care to get involved in just nod and smile.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Same reason you can wear cloth, which is no reason, you just can. Nothing to complain about though

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Same reason you can wear cloth, which is no reason, you just can. Nothing to complain about though
    Which is pretty f-ing annoying because of the fact that you CAN yet you CAN'T wear it as a COSTUME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malupit View Post
    Which is pretty f-ing annoying because of the fact that you CAN yet you CAN'T wear it as a COSTUME!!!!
    the appearence tab being forced to your soul "specific" armour type is due to the other faction being unable to see what is benith your appearence... this way u can recognize a mage from a warrior just by looking at his skin... and do't have to click him to see the bar colour... or for cleric/mage u don't have to look at their buff...

in warhammer when they introduced the wardrobe function they made it so that only your faction will see your guardarobe over your real equip... while your opponent will see your real skin... that was a different solution... but personally I find this one better ;)
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

Does spellpower benefit the skills/abilities of a bard rogue? So if I equip a weapon that has spellpower, will it improve my Cadence and healing etc? Or is it just for mages and clerics?
    Had a warrior in my guild that thought spell power swords benefited warriors with nonphysical damage (riftblade etc).

Was the same guy that accused a guildy that literally lived in Kenya for a few years of having a 'weak mind' cuz they got into a disagreement about whether or not Kenya was a 'war torn country'.

Quote Originally Posted by ComaEtilico View Post
    the appearence tab being forced to your soul "specific" armour type is due to the other faction being unable to see what is benith your appearence... this way u can recognize a mage from a warrior just by looking at his skin... and do't have to click him to see the bar colour... or for cleric/mage u don't have to look at their buff...

in warhammer when they introduced the wardrobe function they made it so that only your faction will see your guardarobe over your real equip... while your opponent will see your real skin... that was a different solution... but personally I find this one better ;)
    It's smart to look at buffs and bars anyways. And the jesus costume from Shimmersand throws all that out the window.

+ Reply to Thread