+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Raid builds in 1.4, is someone keeping a list?

Default Rogue Raid builds in 1.4, is someone keeping a list?

So, I'm looking around, and the compendium is as always.. Useless..

What are the 'go to' builds for rogue in 1.4?
    DPS, Bard and tank obviously..
    Still sabdancer or have we finally gotten away from that?

still sabdancer and hoko spec, max gear will tell what the future holds

but with the r8 syngery crystal being better than all, odds are those 2 builds will still be what is used in the end... 1.5 better change this.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Chaser

From what I have seen, Sabdancer is the spec you want, assuming you are in melee. The Hoko spec I believe is also a melee spec, and was really meant for when Trion changed/nerfed Deadly Strike... but that hasn't happened.

What I'd like to see in addition to that is some Rogue pure ranged specs. Seems like most of the rogues in my guild go Ranger, but I wonder how a 44 sab would hold up, or if there is any kind of viable marksman spec.

And what hoko just said above is right; the saboteur synergy crystal is absolutely amazing, going to be tough to be anything but some sort of Sab unless something changes with that (I'm not optimistic that things will change btw... if I had a wish it would be for deep sin and deep NB builds to be competitive with sabdancer).

Idd hoko.

I hate having to play sabbodancer lol.

Please give a viable SIN bleed spec :P
    Crozzers <Vengeance> - Defiant Bloodiron EU
    DPS King
    GSB 5/5RoS 4/4HK 6/10DH 4/4GP 4/4

Soulwalker

I don't like Sabdancer either, been Ranger for fun. Tho now I got the dagger from Greenscale as an offroll, and want to give Sabdancer a go... Hoko sounds even more boring, but will be trying that one out, too. I'd love to see a pure ranged spec with compareable damage again, tho Ranger gets close at least. Don't know about Hammerknell gear level, I haven't been there yet, so I can only compare with GSB / ROS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrocaster View Post
    What I'd like to see in addition to that is some Rogue pure ranged specs. Seems like most of the rogues in my guild go Ranger, but I wonder how a 44 sab would hold up, or if there is any kind of viable marksman spec.
    Marksman is just all kinds of garbage as a main soul in PVE, and 44sab doesn't seem to scale too well with gear in my (albeit limited) experience. Ranger or 44sab are about the only viable ranged DPS builds I ever see mentioned, and neither of them are nothing to get excited about.

Calling is so stagnant right now, nothing changed for the last 2 patches.
    I'll even be happy with a straight up DPS nerf next patch if it means we have something other than sabo and hoko to play.

(Gear)

Shield of Telara

44/20/2 holds up pretty well with gear. It will be about 4-8% less than a comparably geared sabdancer. You lose weapon barrage as 44/20/2 but pick up quickshot I can tell you QS has saved a few zilas runs because of the range and ability to hit the crystal while moving (jump shot) from the beam.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Calling is so stagnant right now, nothing changed for the last 2 patches.
    I'll even be happy with a straight up DPS nerf next patch if it means we have something other than sabo and hoko to play.
    Here's to hoping they fix DS/DD to work properly with charges. As in, work the same as every other callings abilities.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Here's to hoping they fix DS/DD to work properly with charges. As in, work the same as every other callings abilities.
    That won't change anything, in fact, it'll cut down our builds to one, hoko spec. They need to rethink combo builder base damage because right now it just sucks, and with crit cap being so easily attainable now, our only form of scaling is AP. Which is pretty terrible.

(Gear)

I wish they would just remove SLI and DD and just get it over with. These abilities do not allow balance because any other finisher is going to be inferior... Just boost the combo builders and Finishers to compensate for the change. But this is just a dream it will never happen.
    This and separate PvP from PvE.
    Last edited by Zenora; 08-22-2011 at 08:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread