+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saboteur Question

Rift Disciple

Default Saboteur Question

Is the damage dealt by detonate from the various charges we stick on a mob considered from an ability which builds combo points or from a finisher? I am trying to decide on a good soul to support my Sabo...

Rift Disciple

Also is the weapon for these attacks (both types) my ranged weapon or my main hand melee?

Telaran

I don't understand your first question at all, however sabo attacks are all based off MH DPS, ranged and oh are not taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Meladath View Post
    I don't understand your first question at all, however sabo attacks are all based off MH DPS, ranged and oh are not taken into consideration.
    you are horribly mistaking

Dmg is calculated from both weapons and if you are a 44+ sab and have a ranged soul such as ranger/mm yor dmg is calculated based on your ranged weapon when you are at range and melee weapons when you are in melee range
    Last edited by Blays; 08-22-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Soulwalker

Stacking charges would be considered combo point building. Detonate would be a finnisher.
    Also, it's my understanding that wich weapon DPS will figure in depends on your sub souls. If they're all melee (like Bladedancer and assassin) then it would add Main hand DPS, if One of them is ranged then it would take you ranged weapon DPS (this is why the cookie cutter ranged sab uses 2 points in ranger).

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post

Dmg is calculated from both weapons and if you are a 44+ sab and have a ranged soul such as ranger/mm yor dmg is calculated based on your ranged weapon when you are at range and melee weapons when you are in melee range
    While you are right on the ranged part, you're wrong about the offhand. Only main hand is used for damage calculation (apart from any stats on your offhand of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    While you are right on the ranged part, you're wrong about the offhand. Only main hand is used for damage calculation (apart from any stats on your offhand of course).
    Since when it is based on main hand?
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Since when it is based on main hand?
    Since always.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    Since always.

yeah i guess we all throw them double whetstones for nothing,
    Im an R8 Cleric.

MH is the only weapon used unless 0pt RNG/MM are involved. OH is a stat stick for anything that doesnt use quick strike/precision strike.

(Gear)

as said it was that way since beta/alpha... wetstone worked so that they will add to your dps despite the weapone used... they applied to ranged attack too ^^'
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

Aren't whetstones just a blanket +AP? It doesn't matter if you're using the weapon or not, it just adds to your AP, sort of like runes.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Hmmm looks like you guys are right and only MH counts. A few people in my guild said that rogues dmg gets calculated by a sum of both weapon dps divided by 2.. i guess they were wrong.
    Im an R8 Cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Aren't whetstones just a blanket +AP? It doesn't matter if you're using the weapon or not, it just adds to your AP, sort of like runes.
    Whetstones are not ap they add flat dps.
    Im an R8 Cleric.

Rift Disciple

Thank you for the replies so far. My first quest

The damage from the early combo point powers do no damage until detonation. The damage done when detonated, is that considered damage from a combo building skill or from a finisher? Or both? (Since there are two damage numbers given)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast