+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theft of Thought, scaling and usefulness

Ascendant

Default Theft of Thought, scaling and usefulness

Does anybody know if ToT's mana drain scales at all, or if it's just a flat 150 per CP on the target, always? I've been toying with the idea of making a ToT-centered build for giggles and harassing healers in warfronts and open PvP; basically the idea is something like 45/21/0 BD/Inf/MM, where you pop Dualism to turn Quick and Precision into two-point builders for one-point cost, then use the time you have to go to town on the ToT finishers.

With the spec you get two break frees (thanks Unentangle) and an AoE disorient to keep your uptime on the target high, and being attacked by a warrior or rogue while you're at it is actually beneficial because you can pop Sidesteps to get even more CPs out of Reprisal; basically the idea is to build CPs and use them for 5-point ToTs as quickly as possible.

You'll never kill them, but you may be able to hard-OOM them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Ascendant

Well, since nobody cared enough to respond!

No scaling of any kind, which is pants. As rank goes up, the skill becomes less and less useful. 45 BD/21 Inf (everything except Blade Finesse and one point of Blade and Fury) doesn't seem capable of anything meaningful with it; despite the faster combos of Dualism, it still takes 7 or 8 5-point combos to bring down the mana bar -- at which point they just pop a potion or mana cooldown and get 30% or more of it back instantly.

I'm fairly disappointed. I would have hoped that a skill you have to spec VERY deep into the specifically anti-caster side of Infil would actually, you know, be decent against casters. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

mana drain has no use in MMOs simply because it will be OP if its powerful and trash if its not. Pretty sure thats why they nerfed Transference

you would take forever to drain any cleric's mana (even more so if they have pots (which they should) or a pocket archon), and mages never run out of mana anyway
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-22-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

+ Reply to Thread