+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What u think about my bard spec?

Soulwalker

Default What u think about my bard spec?

New cadence spam bard spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bVV00oV.VV0A0o

This bard have all necessary motifs and anathems, 1200+ dmg/heal each cadence+solid finisher dmg.

Simply rotation cadence x2 then deadly strike for dps and buff.

Dont test this in raid, but on dummy this spec has about 600 dps.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Pirania; 08-21-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Koe

What's this build for?

5-mans? Get fervor, and you won't be using cadence often.

Raids? Raids you need VoJ.

PvP? You need 34 Bard.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Koe

To be more clear about "battle barding," here's one of my posts from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Didn't read thread.

This is the best build for 5/10 mans.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...V0RkVz.0Vkcxob

In 5-mans I'll use bard trinket/sigil and just keep MoR up, then DPS and heal if/when needed.

10-mans you keep all motifs up and generally use cadence more. Depends on your composition.

macros I use:

#show Backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Backstab
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen strike
    cast Weapon Barrage

#show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Power Chord
    cast Weapon Barrage

1 2CP builder per rotation, use Deadly Strike.

Basically, in 5-mans you use Fervor and keep MoR up, and then DPS. Cadence and/or CoR as needed.

10-mans you'll see more cadence use, but you still have plenty of time to DPS.

Raids, on some fights you have room for DPS but the DPS gain is so abyssmal that you're generally better off cadencing to porc more HoTs/absorb shields. Most I DPS in raids is on Johlen.
    Free music! It's legal!

PvP? You need 34 Bard.
    I disagree. In PvP, the minimum I would grab, if you decide to have any Bard is 24. That get's you the bulk of your support and allows you to fill another role nicely. If you want your main role to be Barding, then 34 is great as you get Virtuoso, Fascination, and Captivation, but one can certainly live without them.

24 gives you enough to keep your group pretty much motiffed up, gives you your debuffs, and allows you to group heal when tough battles approach, while still allowing you to pick up other utility or dps. You can do a very versatile build this way and honestly, thats the charm I see with the Bard tree

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Quasari Nova View Post
    I disagree. In PvP, the minimum I would grab, if you decide to have any Bard is 24. That get's you the bulk of your support and allows you to fill another role nicely. If you want your main role to be Barding, then 34 is great as you get Virtuoso, Fascination, and Captivation, but one can certainly live without them.

24 gives you enough to keep your group pretty much motiffed up, gives you your debuffs, and allows you to group heal when tough battles approach, while still allowing you to pick up other utility or dps. You can do a very versatile build this way and honestly, thats the charm I see with the Bard tree
    If you PvP as a bard and don't have at a minimum Virtuoso, I just don't know what to say.
    Free music! It's legal!

If you PvP as a bard and don't have at a minimum Virtuoso, I just don't know what to say.
    Virtuoso is a great skill and if your only job is to support via Bard, it's a great help. It can easily turn stuff around, and I do love it, but I feel there maybe something better spent with those 10 points. It's hard for me to really give examples of what could better spent on with those 10 points as I'm still revising my build and have maybe 5->6 prototype builds in my head that I need to test and find what works best in practice.

I am becoming fond of Marksman/Bard/Riftstalker and having 38 points into Marksman gives me the ability to help burst someone down when the need arises while still retaining a lot of my group heal/buff potential. I'm still up in the air if I'll keep that build, but it's fun.(Also lets me pull a pet from a person who is clueless far away and position myself to use it to heal my group without gaining the attention of the enemy...but could do that with 34 bard too)
    Last edited by Quasari Nova; 08-21-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Question

Koe I use for raid this 51 build
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EIdqiqskqz.Vo
    I think that now that AP scales better with cadance/coda fo resto, I have more healing with the AP ranger buff.Plus I get many many crits for over 200 per tick.
    Also do you know anything about the Invigorating Soulstone?
    I have:
    Greater: Frozen Deep One Tear
    Greater: Crystal Vine
    Trinket: Sacred Heirloom of Eth
    Should i replace 1 lesser that has 5AP, 9STR, 10 DEX with Invigorating Soulstone?

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthys View Post
    Koe I use for raid this 51 build
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EIdqiqskqz.Vo
    I think that now that AP scales better with cadance/coda fo resto, I have more healing with the AP ranger buff.Plus I get many many crits for over 200 per tick.
    Also do you know anything about the Invigorating Soulstone?
    I have:
    Greater: Frozen Deep One Tear
    Greater: Crystal Vine
    Trinket: Sacred Heirloom of Eth
    Should i replace 1 lesser that has 5AP, 9STR, 10 DEX with Invigorating Soulstone?
    That's almost the build I use, I get DR in both instead of endurance because I also do my PvP dailies in this spec. It's great, RF gives AP and survivability(end/warp), ranger gives ap+crit+CP builder on the move, along with ranged weapon for cadence.

Invigorating is a greater. Work on getting a Hailstone Tideshard to replace Crystal Vine, and then the Token of Warding off Alsbeth to replace SHoE.
    Free music! It's legal!

Plane Walker

Looks like a take on the battle bard.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Agreed, minimum should be 32 to have the true Bard utility...although, there are times in which cc really nixed the wf so 34 slightly takes the cake. However, there are those days in which any and all cc becomes null and void the second you cast.

To be honest and fair, I have never tried a 24 Build for the sake of a secondary role in PvP Quasari- in my opinion it's mostly Bard or bust out something else to rogue with. MM just seems to sync better with other options etc...

It's all up to ones taste I imagine...

Yeah, I've been a strong advocate for at least 34 Bard in PvP, for the mezz, because I love crowd control.

However, as time goes on, I've noticed that most people (even in the premade queues) loving spamming low damage AoE even more, so half the time I'm barding I don't even bother with throwing out mezzes (just stick to the Rift Prisons and the lakes that I'm used to).

Even Virtuoso, as an 'oh ****' button, is starting to lose a bit of its lustre for me.

I'm definitely mulling over the prospects of a broader utility build -- maybe something with 24 or 25 Bard and Saboteur for the AP/SP debuff, root, snare, whatever -- but you end up giving up a lot of the Riftstalker defensive toys if you do that, too... and, of course, Rift Prison. Ranger could synergize a bit on the utility front with the snare shot, maybe, but that's really it.
    Last edited by Kyera; 08-22-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by TourneAsunder View Post
    Agreed, minimum should be 32 to have the true Bard utility...although, there are times in which cc really nixed the wf so 34 slightly takes the cake. However, there are those days in which any and all cc becomes null and void the second you cast.

To be honest and fair, I have never tried a 24 Build for the sake of a secondary role in PvP Quasari- in my opinion it's mostly Bard or bust out something else to rogue with. MM just seems to sync better with other options etc...

It's all up to ones taste I imagine...
    Id probably be better off with 2 roles, but I often swap what I'm doing mid combat depending on the situation and find it to work. If you are going to go full bard, might as well go 34.
    I agree it's all up to taste. Neither build is OP so you can't really say one way is that much better than the other.

+ Reply to Thread