+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin PvE

Soulwalker

Default Assassin PvE

I have a lvl 26 rogue and I'm sick of playing MM. Would anyone be able to show me a decent Assassin leveling build to start off with at my level?

Play a BD or a Ranger for leveling up.

Soulwalker

I appreciate the response, but I'm looking for an Assassin build really. I just wanna stealth around and kill crap while leveling up. This toon is my secondary, not primary character.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio0608 View Post
    I appreciate the response, but I'm looking for an Assassin build really. I just wanna stealth around and kill crap while leveling up. This toon is my secondary, not primary character.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MVMN..hARbtob0z

Add in your combo generating macro Sin damage spam cast Quick Shot
    And add in your Sin finisher macro cast Headshot
    So you can have some ranged viability if you wish to pull out of stealth even.
    When you get a few more lvl's add Serrated Blades and Improved Savage strike
    The rest i believe you will understand how the way is to go.

I still don't agree with sin lvling but its your call.

sin can work fine but get 13 into rift for rift scavenger will help leveling so much.. after that you can pump points into sin it works out of.. i prefer bladedancer/rift pre 40 though but sin/rift is fine as well

Shadowlander

I used a modified version of the Cuisinart build while leveling to focus more on stealth. It's not quite as efficient as the Cuisinart build, but if you enjoy stealthing around I think it works great.

Here is the build I used:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dAh0MRMdz.VG0h

Basically, I just moved 4 points from the RS tree to the Sin tree. I also used a slightly different point distribution in Sin to pick up Cloak and Dagger and the Stealth talents (speed and permastealth).

This build isn't quite as fast as the Cuisinart because instead of teleporting from mob to mob, you stealth around. And you usually kill so fast that the stealth timer hasn't reset yet. So what I would do is use Flash of Steel to get to the next mob if stealth isn't reset or I've got a DoT on me from a previous mob.

On spending points while leveling; I would get Sin up to 12 first for improved stealth speed, and RS up to 13 for the heal. Then I would put 13 points into Bladedancer up to Deadly Dance. Then if you want permastealth now, fill up Sin to 21. Or if you can live with the 30 second restriction then keep putting points into Bladedancer.

Here's the link discussing the Cuisinart build if you haven't read it.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ove-rogue.html

Hope that helps.

Soulwalker

thanks a lot for the information and thoughts! much appreciated =D

Shadowlander

I too used a modified Cuisinart build for leveling up and it works great. I put points into improved stealth which you will really appreciate when u get to the Ipp questlines where u have to go into the caves multiple times. Add in Deadly dance and blade tempo for burst and the rift barrier from teleporting around you get very good survivability.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wandatin View Post
    I used a modified version of the Cuisinart build while leveling to focus more on stealth. It's not quite as efficient as the Cuisinart build, but if you enjoy stealthing around I think it works great.

Here is the build I used:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dAh0MRMdz.VG0h

Basically, I just moved 4 points from the RS tree to the Sin tree. I also used a slightly different point distribution in Sin to pick up Cloak and Dagger and the Stealth talents (speed and permastealth).

This build isn't quite as fast as the Cuisinart because instead of teleporting from mob to mob, you stealth around. And you usually kill so fast that the stealth timer hasn't reset yet. So what I would do is use Flash of Steel to get to the next mob if stealth isn't reset or I've got a DoT on me from a previous mob.

On spending points while leveling; I would get Sin up to 12 first for improved stealth speed, and RS up to 13 for the heal. Then I would put 13 points into Bladedancer up to Deadly Dance. Then if you want permastealth now, fill up Sin to 21. Or if you can live with the 30 second restriction then keep putting points into Bladedancer.

Here's the link discussing the Cuisinart build if you haven't read it.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ove-rogue.html

Hope that helps.
    Would you be able to give me a mockup rotation of sorts for your spending points part?? Currently at 12 assassin / 11 blade / 13 stalker. <3

+ Reply to Thread