+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best builds for getting started in PVP?

Default Best builds for getting started in PVP?

So I'm 50 and about half raid-geared, but never done any PVP at all. I think I have about 1k favour from killing random people during invasions and that's it.

Obviously without any PVP gear I'm going to get absolutely slaughtered in warfronts, very quickly and very often, and I can accept that. But if I want to not be a complete waste of space to the rest of the team, what's the best way to go? Marksman and spam purges like they're going out of fashion? Assassin and try to pick off clothies and people who are already near-death? Something else?

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    So I'm 50 and about half raid-geared, but never done any PVP at all. I think I have about 1k favour from killing random people during invasions and that's it.

Obviously without any PVP gear I'm going to get absolutely slaughtered in warfronts, very quickly and very often, and I can accept that. But if I want to not be a complete waste of space to the rest of the team, what's the best way to go? Marksman and spam purges like they're going out of fashion? Assassin and try to pick off clothies and people who are already near-death? Something else?
    What I would do with no valor is go Bard. Just spam Virtuoso and CoR + Motifs. If you try and go in there Melee/Ranged your going to get eaten up with no forms of protection.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

I never really cared for bard, I'm sure its great, just not interested in it.

Originally I wanted to PVP as an assassin, but that's just not viable/helpful to the team at low rank in Warfronts. So, I went MM and basically spammed eradicate on whomever is being focused, like you said. It worked well. In between eradispam you can mix in Improved Hit and Run and spam Emp. Shot/Deadeye as well.
    Last edited by v0gal; 08-21-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by v0gal View Post
    I never really cared for bard, I'm sure its great, just not interested in it.

Originally I wanted to PVP as an assassin, but that's just not viable/helpful to the team at low rank in Warfronts. So, I went MM and basically spammed eradicate on whomever is being focused, like you said. It worked well. In between eradispam you can mix in Improved Hit and Run and spam Emp. Shot/Deadeye as well.
    Assassin isn't helpful to a team even at P8.

go 44 NB / 22 RS.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0oz.iItkGagoos

that's what I used from 50 all the way to unsubbing at P6

with 1100 Valor, 7k health, 15% dmg redux/+15% dmg/+15% crit each time you port and Planar Refuge and the 4 Nightblade CD's, you are a force to be reckoned with.

Opening Rotation:

Stealth > Dark Malady > Dusk to Dawn > Scourge of Darkness > Shadow Assault > Ebon Fury > Dusk Strike/Blazing Strike spam = dead target.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    with 1100 Valor, 7k health, 15% dmg redux/+15% dmg/+15% crit each time you port and Planar Refuge and the 4 Nightblade CD's, you are a force to be reckoned with.
    well the titles says "Best builds for getting started in PVP?" and you don't start with 1k valor and 7kHP.

plus the fact that you'll hit extremly low on R6+ targets, you won't be helpfull with such a build. You'll "tank" some damage with your CD's, but that's it.

I'm sure this build was viable when the game started and everyone was low rank, but nowadays, you'll be destroyed while doing little to no damage.

Stick with your eradicate spamming (and the combo IHR + Empowered + DeadEye) on your warriors' targets, this and bard are the only thing you will be able to do to help your team.

(And the flagrunner build for steppes).

To be honnest, even at rank 7, I usually feel useless in WF with my rogue most of the time beside the 3 support roles above (eradicate, bard, flagrunner), while on my R4 Warrior, I have a lot of fun, and I actually kill people.

Maybe it'll change once I hit R8 with those new cool weapons and synergy cristal, I hope so.
    Last edited by Silverblabe; 08-21-2011 at 03:06 AM.

bard all the way to r8 atleast u are a bit usefull for ur team then -.-
    Whitefall IRC Channel: #Whitefall on Quakenet

Take a look at the "Nightman" spec on these forums and see how that treats you if you don't feel like the MM eradicate build ends up being your style. Any points you can't put into Inf because you are too low rank put into MM increased range so you can Maximize your distance/survivability.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z.VIx0hqbokk.M

Tanking Sigil Endurance/Dodge
    Get as much valor as you can.
    Even buy some of the Green essences from PvP rifts with 10 valor for starter ones.
    Last edited by Intoxication; 08-21-2011 at 04:59 AM.

Assassin isn't helpful to a team even at P8.

go 44 NB / 22 RS.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0oz.iItkGagoos

that's what I used from 50 all the way to unsubbing at P6

Opening Rotation:

Stealth > Dark Malady > Dusk to Dawn > Scourge of Darkness > Shadow Assault > Ebon Fury > Dusk Strike/Blazing Strike spam = dead target.
    not in my experience at all could not get enough burst damage out at r4 with nightblade even with fell blades to take out healers.... well with ebon yea but who wants to wait 2 min every time you want to drop someone... OP I run this and works well for me..
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ank-4-pvp.html
    Last edited by sanosuke; 08-21-2011 at 05:50 AM.

I'm using the same MM/NB/Inf I used all the way up. No real problems, just be ready to run.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    not in my experience at all could not get enough burst damage out at r4 with nightblade even with fell blades to take out healers.... well with ebon yea but who wants to wait 2 min every time you want to drop someone... OP I run this and works well for me..
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ank-4-pvp.html
    Even without Ebon Fury up I had no problems dropping warriors/rogues/bad mages.

Just learn your cooldowns and rotations.

and to add to being "helpful" to your team.

Shadow Assault to Scion bridge or codex flag cluster ****s, spam weapon flare, spread fell blades, use cooldowns when people start targetting you, profit.

i'll say it again: my standard rotation was > Tab > Blink > Kill > Tab > Blink > Kill.

It's all about L'ing2P whatever soul combo you're using.

You can't expect to make a spec and go wtf dominate everything unless you play Warrior.

If I still had an active sub I would make a video. Maybe during the free time next week.
    Last edited by Skyline; 08-21-2011 at 07:11 AM.

i just hate being so cooldown dependent with nightblade.. prefer my sin build all the way so far... to each his own i guess

and to add to being "helpful" to your team.

Shadow Assault to Scion bridge or codex flag cluster ****s, spam weapon flare, spread fell blades, use cooldowns when people start targetting you, profit.

i'll say it again: my standard rotation was > Tab > Blink > Kill > Tab > Blink > Kill.

It's all about L'ing2P whatever soul combo you're using.

You can't expect to make a spec and go wtf dominate everything unless you play Warrior.

If I still had an active sub I would make a video. Maybe during the free time next week.
    just curious why you are still hanging around these forums after quiting?

The two builds that were suggested to me for fresh 50 were a runner spec for crystals in Scion/Whitefall and a 44 marksman spec for Eradicate spam.

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    just curious why you are still hanging around these forums after quiting?
    Just cause I don't have an active sub makes me ineligible to post on the forums?

lolwut

when has that ever been the case for any game?
    Last edited by Skyline; 08-25-2011 at 01:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast