+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS Rogues Can Tank Assault Commander Jorb

Soulwalker

Default DPS Rogues Can Tank Assault Commander Jorb

With Swift Shot and Hasted Shot kiting.

I wish we were recording the fight... Our b-rez's were used up early, and when the tank died the boss was at ~65%. I was next on threat. So I ran. And ran. And ran. 8 mins later phat lewts.

Don't believe me? Get a good Rogue (good gear for high threat, hehe) and try it.

Koe

His enrage is shorter than 8 minutes and I can gurantee you got hit at least once.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Soulwalker

Yes, his enrage is 5 mins. But he's slow. And I had speed buffs. I did not get hit at all. Came very close several times (stupid ruins / trees).

Like I said, go try it. Honestly the most fun I've ever had as a Rogue. My guild is going to record the fight next time.

Soulwalker

I've done it myself as ranged sab on the guild's first run there and he never came close due to him pausing to do his emote cleave.

How were you the next in line considering threat though, if you're playing a marksman? :S

Soulwalker

Default True

I was in this group and word for word it is correct. He enraged at 5mins and we kept kiting. Worked like a dream.

Soulwalker

I wasn't MM, I was using the Sozu build... just when he came for me I started pumping out Hasted Shot and some Swift Shots so I could run faster.

Our other DPS backed off a bit so I could get ahead once they saw what I was doing. Cannot wait till the next time when we record it.
    Last edited by KelbornX; 08-21-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Shadowlander

Ive also done this with the Sozu spec from around 30% to dead our tank DCed so I just kited him.

General of Telara

Still easier to have a warrior/cleric tank him with ranged attack and everyone else being dps from the start. Then he dies in 2-3 mins. And at least for a cleric you don't even need any tank gear, the one time I did it with my cleric I didn't take a single hit the entire fight.

(I was trying to get a ranged rogue tank spec for him, was complete failure, couldn't keep aggro from other dps without starting in melee range and getting squished by his huge physical attacks)

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornX View Post
    I wasn't MM, I was using the Sozu build... just when he came for me I started pumping out Hasted Shot and some Swift Shots so I could run faster.

Our other DPS backed off a bit so I could get ahead once they saw what I was doing. Cannot wait till the next time when we record it.
    Could be fun doing it without a tank at all, have some sabs incriminating. I'll try that next time we run DH

your tank could have just run back into the instance btw

(Gear)

Rift Disciple

You kited something to death. Why, arent you a special snowflake.

+ Reply to Thread