+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue PvE Help

Default Rogue PvE Help

I'm a bad rogue! Been 50 on my rogue for awhile and can never seem to find a build I enjoy that puts out solid numbers. I wanted a ranger or MM build but they all seem kinda bleh. I currently run Hoko's one macro spec which does me ok, but I'm looking for a change.

So, I've lurked the Rogue boards for awhile now trying out different builds and I'm still stuck.

Could all you fancy amazing rogue's out there kindly post some spec/macro & rotation comments below with some of various PvE specs. Both Melee or Ranged are cool by me..

Thanks in advance!
    PVP: R8
    GSB 5/5 | RoS 4/4 | HK 4/10 | GP 4/4 | DH 4/4 | RotP 1/4

Koe

If you're looking for a more complex/variable rotation build that is viable up to and including murdantix/zilas(although it's very annoying to do murdantix) do 27bd/21nb/18sin.

I don't DPS much in HK because I refuse to sabdancer, but I like this build. The only problem is that it has virtually no AoE. It's also not the best at switching targets, but that's a good time to use CDs so you don't have as much downtime on things. With a tblet, you will never be energy starved.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0s0o0b.VhxMhok

Off the top of my head, the 2 macros I use are:

#show Precision Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Backstab
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Fiery Spike
    cast Weapon Barrage

#show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Weapon Barrage

The rotation is VERY finicky in the beginning. You either have to open from stealth, or use 2 2 CP builders.

If you can open from stealth, it goes like this:

Dark Malady
    Flash of Steel
    Fiery Spike
    Deadly Strike
    Backstab
    Puncture
    Fiery Spike
    Keen Strike
    Deadly Strike
    Precision Strike
    Fiery Spike
    Backstab
    Keen Strike
    Deadly Strike
    Puncture
    Quick Strike
    Fiery Spike
    Backstab
    Keen Strike
    Deadly Strike
    Precision Strike
    Quick Strike
    Keen Strike
    Backstab
    Deadly Strike
    Fiery Spike
    Puncture

I don't have that exactly, as I'm not currently at my computer. I know backstab gets the beenfit more often than that from DD. It requires active monitoring of precision strike/fiery spike timers. Priority goes to keeping up 3 stacks of FS with DD. Every few rotations you won't need to apply FS in it. I still have to completely fine tune it, because every minute or so I've found I have to use 1-2 FS outside of DD, but I'm getting to the point where I have it nailed down. If you ever let FS slip, that's a good time to use Ebon Fury. Dusk Strikex2 FS DS until you have 3 stacks, then Dusk Strikex2 Backstab DS, Dusk Strikex2 FS DS, rinse repeat. I like to use Blade Tempo on rotations where I have both backstab and puncture in the same DS.

It's a fun build, I like it. It requires actual thought while you're doing it.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

+ Reply to Thread