+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New PvP build - Need feedback from pros, not noobs.

Rift Disciple

Default New PvP build - Need feedback from pros, not noobs.

I just wanted to see if there is a good enough build for Nightblade that doesn't need to go to 51. Need some feedback and thoughts of this build. Living flame is cool but from 44 to 51 all of those 7 points are "wasted".

The best build I've come up with is this NightDancer NB - Bd - Inf / 44-22-0

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...kgRos.i0dIzoRo

Notice if you use Deadly Dance and then DtD it will increase the damage of DtD by tons (there are times i have critted for 1100 per tick on DtD on a warrior), yes on a bad warrior it's a 1 spell kill.

With this build you get a lot of defensive cooldowns and the damage is also pretty good, in my opinion.
    You also get Blade Tempo, a 15 seconds CD charge, a interrupt/silence.

Soooo.. yeah I am just waiting for any of you smart peoples thoughts.

You can easily swap the Turn the Tide, Combat Efficiency and Ambidextrous as you fit your stats.
    Since I have pretty decent gear I sit on about 18% dodge/9%parry so I chose Turn the Tide, if your stats are low then Combat Eff and Ambidextrous might be better for more constant damage.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by stage9; 08-19-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Shield of Telara

It could be good, but I personally think you're going too far into BD. You're losing a little of the effectiveness of blade tempo because that increases physical dmg and most of your nightblade stuff is phyiscal + elemental dmg... I would maybe drop the points in BD after Deadly Strike & Sprint and put the rest in inf for the 10% armor penetration + 6% crit dmg. You still get to keep the sprint which could serve some of the same purpose as your charge.

I can't remember if blackout triggers a dodge or not, but that could be pretty crazy with strike back.

And there are quite a few decent NB builds that don't require you to go 51 into it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...kuogMoo.xx0M0z

One of my guildmates uses this one and does well.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...T0os.VG0chqoRk
    Last edited by StrifeV; 08-19-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Shadowlander

Default Intresting

Intresting idea but for myself this is what i use though for what you are looking at I have to agree that you might be going a little to far into the BD you really should look into at least 5 points into Inf but keep the NB at 44 black out is so worth the points!

<a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MibV.iItRGogRss.xx0M0c.x">Nightblade (46) / Infiltrator (15) / Bladedancer (5)</a>

with this build I can actually kill clerics so long as ALL my CD's are up, i have even managed to pop 3 clerics in a row before getting wiped out, with proper support like a healer behind me this build is pretty hard to stop. My main targets for this are either clerics or mages, the only problem with this is that if ALL of my cd's are not up i'm pretty much dog meat, i have even managed to take down the odd number for tin cans...er tanks...and the only other rogue class that gives me hell are archers

Quote Originally Posted by stage9 View Post
    I just wanted to see if there is a good enough build for Nightblade that doesn't need to go to 51. Need some feedback and thoughts of this build. Living flame is cool but from 44 to 51 all of those 7 points are "wasted".

The best build I've come up with is this NightDancer NB - Bd - Inf / 44-22-0

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...kgRos.i0dIzoRo

Notice if you use Deadly Dance and then DtD it will increase the damage of DtD by tons (there are times i have critted for 1100 per tick on DtD on a warrior), yes on a bad warrior it's a 1 spell kill.

With this build you get a lot of defensive cooldowns and the damage is also pretty good, in my opinion.
    You also get Blade Tempo, a 15 seconds CD charge, a interrupt/silence.

Soooo.. yeah I am just waiting for any of you smart peoples thoughts.

You can easily swap the Turn the Tide, Combat Efficiency and Ambidextrous as you fit your stats.
    Since I have pretty decent gear I sit on about 18% dodge/9%parry so I chose Turn the Tide, if your stats are low then Combat Eff and Ambidextrous might be better for more constant damage.
    Thanks!
    Old build.

Quote Originally Posted by Windrider30 View Post
    Intresting idea but for myself this is what i use though for what you are looking at I have to agree that you might be going a little to far into the BD you really should look into at least 5 points into Inf but keep the NB at 44 black out is so worth the points!

<a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MibV.iItRGogRss.xx0M0c.x">Nightblade (46) / Infiltrator (15) / Bladedancer (5)</a>

with this build I can actually kill clerics so long as ALL my CD's are up, i have even managed to pop 3 clerics in a row before getting wiped out, with proper support like a healer behind me this build is pretty hard to stop. My main targets for this are either clerics or mages, the only problem with this is that if ALL of my cd's are not up i'm pretty much dog meat, i have even managed to take down the odd number for tin cans...er tanks...and the only other rogue class that gives me hell are archers
    the only real damage cooldown with this build is ebon and no way you took out 3 clerics with one ebon pop.. you just dont have enough damage to take them out.. biggest advantage of going BD is obviously for deadly dance and allowing you to get at least some respectable damage out.. without it unless you are r6 taking on 3 r1's i call BS... even with a healer on you you just don't have the dps to burst through the heals even with fell blades.. normally it takes 2-3 dps of equal rank to drop 1 healing cleric if they are just concentrating on healing themselves. I tried many NB variations and just don't think they put up enough dps to be viable in pvp in lower ranks.. just my opinion but they need a buff...

Rift Disciple

I see, i would definitely drop the points from 44 to 32 for NB but I feel that NB with out Twilight and Blackout are so squishy... no even a vanish to help them survive on damage.

But I'll try the 32NB/BD/INF and see what i like better.

If this was an old build, i had no idea. I just make builds as I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Old build.
    yup what he said. About as old as the day deadly dance came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Windrider30 View Post
    i have even managed to pop 3 clerics in a row before getting wiped out
    3 under leveled, under geared Clerics dude, sorry. No amount of skill is going to get you a 3 Cleric kill on T7+ Clerics.

i myself play with 28bd, 21inf, 17nb
    and i can kill any class that jumps me or i jump
    r6 geared aswell :P

+ Reply to Thread